NAD: EVH 5150 III 100S

• Thread starter Thread starter SFW
  • Start date Start date
SFW
SFW
So I moved the Savage 120 MK II and picked up an EVH 5150 III 100S. I will miss the clean channel from the Savage- as it was one of the nicest cleans on a multi-channel head that I have heard. I briefly owned the 50 watt Stealth, but this is a completely difference animal. It is much more open sounding. The Blue channel has more gain on the 100. I could actually spend most of my time on this channel and be happy. With the gain at noon on the red channel I get about the same amount of gain I used to run on my original version. I am very happy to have matching logos again! lol!

ECH 5150 IIIS.jpg

The stealth 100 is a fixture in my amp herd . There’s so many tones in it . A noise gate on red channel can do fear factory tones so good

Congrats man I would love to pick on these up. I'm glad you did. What kind of metal is your favorite to play?

Absolutely loved the el34 stealth 100w I had. I'm sure the 6l6 version is amazing!

The 100 watt stealth is a beast of an amp! I have the 50 and a buddy as the 100 and man that 100 watt power section brings the cheese. I was going to ask if they changed the grill to the outside on yours? I seem to remember the mesh being behind the stripes.

A great amp...Really enjoyed mine while I had it. Try the channel two gain at max to give a slight boosted quality to channel three...If's a nice feel and response.

While I love metal, my playing would most likely fall under hard rock. I just like a shit ton of gain...lol! Here are a couple of live clips from my last band.

You guys sound great. What amp were you using in the first clip? Sounds fantastic

The 100 watt stealth is a beast of an amp! I have the 50 and a buddy as the 100 and man that 100 watt power section brings the cheese. I was going to ask if they changed the grill to the outside on yours? I seem to remember the mesh being behind the stripes.
That's a good question. I just noticed that the mesh is on top pf the stripes. I guess I will have to fix that...lol!

You guys sound great. What amp were you using in the first clip? Sounds fantastic
The first clip was my old 2005 Splawn Quickrod.

That is one of those amps that I wish I bought. Much congrats!

IMHO the better sounding of the three versions that exist!

Cheers man it’s a killer NAD! Post some more clips once you get it dialed in and hopefully a band practice soundclip too!

Reactions: SFW
Your EVH sounds great...congrats...!:2thumbsup:

But man..... that GROWL in the first video with the Splawn is quite enjoyable!:yes:

Did you ever get the problem fixed with the Splawn or did you give up on it?

Back