New Eric Clapton Song

• Thread starter Thread starter Mark Skid
  • Start date Start date
Why get vaccinated?
- greatly reduces your chance of catching C19
- if you get C19 it greatly reduces your chances of getting seriously sick
- it almost eliminates the need for hospitalization
- you become a member of the human race's goal of herd immunity

And stop posting cherry picked news blurbs from obviously biased sources.
The germ has been infecting the entire planet now for a year and a half,
and there's been more than 5 billion doses of vaccines given.

You find a news blurb, try at least vetting it a bit before accepting it as fact.
And if you post it here you can be sure it will get vetted by others.
where you getting you evidence that it greatly reduces the chance of getting covid? .. here is the reality that is coming for the northern hemisphere ... over the next 20 weeks covid is going to come back strong, vaccinated or not .. why? you are heading towards winter

where you getting you evidence that it greatly reduces the chance of getting covid?

Totally agree about fall/winter coming up. This thing ain't going away anytime soon.
And the longer it hangs around the more chance it has to mutate again.

You can google and find lots of hits/data showing the approx. 4 to 1 ratio.

Untitled.png

and lots show this ...... https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...n-delta-vaccinated-breakthrough-mask-guidance

It is quite interesting watching all the changing information over the last quickly approaching 2 years. To me the one thing it shows is we have not moved very far forward in getting on top of returning to normal (and yes I am 100% sure we can live the normal lives we all had 2 years ago). For decades we have lived with the reality that influenza will kill I think it is around 0.03% and have been ok with that .. now maybe it is time to say we are ok with a higher number of around 0.5% ... only time will give us the answers

The 'case rate' is a joke. It is so rare for a healthy person to die from this, whereas it's the old and those with comordities that succumb to it, just like any other flu. Less than 1% of the population has died from it, just like any other flu, yet a pandemic with everything shut down. Ontario is rather draconian, which now will issue a vaccine passport (likely to start in October), which means no restaurants, bars, sporting events, going to the gym (!) traveling on a tour bus, etc., if you don't have your vaccine (and likely upcoming booster); and yet, so few have died out of the total population and the hospitals are vacant (only recently filling up with heart and cancer patients that were neglected over the past year, due to THE PANDEMIC!!!!)

The Delta variant threw everyone a curveball. Like someone said earlier, normally the drug companies have years to develop
countermeasures but with this being a new strain, and being so damn infectious, there's definitely a bit of making it up as they
go along.

We had two choices right? Do nothing and just let it cripple the world even more than it already is, or we had to come up with
some quick bandaids.

Nothing's perfect but right now getting the shots and covering your mouth and nose when out in public is all we got so we
might as well do it.

I've read so many doomsday novels that dealt with germs messing up the world and all I can say is we're amazingly lucky this
little critter is not more lethal.

Imagine if the fatality rate was a lot higher than approx. 1%?

In Steven King's The Stand the flu germ he came up with was 99.8%! :oops:

At least Eric has balls. Billy Shears aka Paul is comped, so is Dave Grohl and Bob Weir. Friedman took the jabberwocky.

I became a horsepaste chad last December. Shills can seethe.
Also: Dr Amanda Vollmer is a total babe.

You keep framing this like it's either black or white.
You also keep pointing out things about the vaccine using absolute statements like,

- it doesn't work
CDC reports vaccine efficacy rate is 66%. Down from 91% In what? 6 months? I'd say that's a pretty good example of something not working.
- it kills people
It has and you know it. So quit pretending
- it doesn't keep you out of the hospital
Well, you should explain to my mother's best friend how this is a false statement. She's been vaccinated and is currently in the hospital with covid pneumonia.
Conspiracy theorists gonna conspire.
Is what you say EVERY TIME somebody throws facts at you. Cause, well, you're a fucking MORON

It's so strange.

Nineteen out of twenty doctors (in every damn country around the planet) say take the pill.

A bunch of you fuckers spend all your day tracking down the 20th doctor
just so you can get on here and post DON'T TAKE THE PILL!

Fucked up.

Last edited:
It's so strange.

Nineteen out of twenty doctors (in every damn country) say take the pill.

Fucked up.
Yep, that’s what we do. Spend ALL DAY looking shit up just to contradict what you’re saying. Couldn’t possibly possess things like critical thinking skills and the ability the look at things from a different and possibly safer perspective.
YOU
ARE
FUCKING
PATHETIC.

I've always said that IMHO the most-important thing one can teach one's kids is to not believe something just because "the majority" says it is so.

Just puttin' it out there...

I absolutely agree. Both my kids are extremely independent. And very strong minded.

But,
I've also taught them when logic and common sense has to come into play.

Like when hospital beds and staff are stretched really thin and you got the vast majority of
medical experts saying take the shot.

Do some research on your own, find some opposing views, but know when to call it day
and follow the herd (literally in this case)

These guys will turn over every rock in their own yard and then cross the street to do all their
neighbors too. Eventually they find 'something' and then get on here with a fucking bullhorn.

Definitely not always a binary situation.

You're not simply a sheep for going with the majority.
And you're certainly not a wolf for always bucking the trend.

Blows my mind that it seems that's the mindset of some here. It HAS to be one or the other with them.

Shots have been out over half a year and we got over 5 billion active test subjects.
At what point does the skepticism wane some?

It's so strange.

Nineteen out of twenty doctors (in every damn country around the planet) say take the pill.

Fucked up.
A wise man makes his own decisions. An ignorant man follows public opinion.

Was just thinking, 5 billion shots.
Assuming some fatality rates from it:

1% (C19 rate) - 50 million dead
0.1% - 5 million
0.01% - half a million

If 1 in every 10,000 vaccinated people were dying from the shot it'd be major headlines everywhere.
That'd be over 37 thousand dead here in the US alone based on the current vaccination totals.

Back