New Faces? Why are You Here?

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
I've been lurking around for the better part of 10 years. Lots of good info deep in these threads that still comes up in a google search - one of the problems with the shift to facebook groups is that there isn't a lot of archived information. When it comes to guitar amps, it's not like an amp from 10 years ago sounds different now, and I'm mostly interested in old/used amps anyway, so all of those old posts/questions/reviews are still useful. I didn't really have much to contribute before because I was just reading opinions on stuff I didn't own, but now I have had a lot of stuff so maybe I can help out a little more. Also, yes, trying to get the B/S/T access ;)

Also, yes, trying to get the B/S/T access ;)

What is this BST that you speak of?
I think you should reply to my post to explain.

And then forget to tell me something so you can reply again.
Then I'll thank you and you can reply that you're welcome.

3 more posts right there! (y)

What is this BST that you speak of?
(y)
Haha that's one way to do it. I'm not really in a rush, I'll get there eventually. I think it stands for "Boomer Secret Thread" so there's got to be some great tone tricks in there.

Related - There is a guy selling a Kasha Rockmod head right now though, not something I see often and the longer it sits the more I ask myself "Do I need two of these?"

I've been lurking around for the better part of 10 years. Lots of good info deep in these threads that still comes up in a google search - one of the problems with the shift to facebook groups is that there isn't a lot of archived information. When it comes to guitar amps, it's not like an amp from 10 years ago sounds different now, and I'm mostly interested in old/used amps anyway, so all of those old posts/questions/reviews are still useful. I didn't really have much to contribute before because I was just reading opinions on stuff I didn't own, but now I have had a lot of stuff so maybe I can help out a little more. Also, yes, trying to get the B/S/T access ;)
Look forward to seeing you around and GLWT R-T B/S/T effort :yes:

:cheers:

Hey y’all, new to R-T. BST is definitely a huge incentive for me. But learning a lot nerdy amp knowledge from the community right there in the running. In the last 4 years I went from one amp to three amps and a modeler. From 2 guitars to 7 and now I’m hooked haha. Glad to be here!

Hey y’all, new to R-T. BST is definitely a huge incentive for me. But learning a lot nerdy amp knowledge from the community right there in the running. In the last 4 years I went from one amp to three amps and a modeler. From 2 guitars to 7 and now I’m hooked haha. Glad to be here!
You aren't married are you ? No way a wife would ever allow more than one amp and one guitar . Well mine won't , she threatened me with serious bodily injury and even death. I suppose one amp and one guitar is good enough .

Hello.
My name is MrScratch and i'm a gear a holic.
i got in trouble at TGP while commenting on reasons for closures of psychiatric hospitals by the now defunct SoCred party has had immense impact on the rise of homelessness and drug addiction on Vancouvers infamous downtown east side....
i guess i said a bad thing so i got banned for a week.
no political or reality based discussions on a musicians forum. WTF???
anyway hi!!!

Last edited:
Hello.
My name is MrScratch and i'm a gear a holic.
i got in trouble at TGP while commenting on reasons for closures of psychiatric hospitals by the now defunct SoCred party has had immense impact on the rise of homelessness and drug addiction on Vancouvers infamous downtown east side....
i guess i said a bad thing so i got banned for a week.
no political or reality based discussions on a musicians forum. WTF???
anyway hi!!!
Hi!

I've seen you posting around and you seem like a legit dude. Welcome. We are a pretty tight knit group here for the most part and we look after each other. Well, most of us anyway. Dare to go into our OTC and you can talk politics or reality or religion or whatever to your heart's content. It can get rough in there as you've seen :LOL: Rig-Talk is not as fast paced as TGP but we like it that way and we like having our freedom of expression (speech). :yes:

Sucks what is happening in Vancouver and other big cities (on the west coast in particular). I've never been to Vancouver but I've been to Canada on a number of occasions and I've been to Seattle 5x. Did the Olympic park and Snoqualmie falls actually last month blah bla blah.

PS: SoCred can fuck off those cock-sucking motherfuckers :gethim::doh::codeak:

Hi!

I've seen you posting around and you seem like a legit dude. Welcome. We are a pretty tight knit group here for the most part and we look after each other. Well, most of us anyway. Dare to go into our OTC and you can talk politics or reality or religion or whatever to your heart's content. It can get rough in there as you've seen :LOL: Rig-Talk is not as fast paced as TGP but we like it that way and we like having our freedom of expression (speech). :yes:

Sucks what is happening in Vancouver and other big cities (on the west coast in particular). I've never been to Vancouver but I've been to Canada on a number of occasions and I've been to Seattle 5x. Did the Olympic park and Snoqualmie falls actually last month blah bla blah.

PS: SoCred can fuck off those cock-sucking motherfuckers :gethim::doh::codeak:
Hey thanks!!!
ya man, I am just a 55 year old guitar player. I work as an electrician, i have 2-3 bands i play in. all original stuff.
Honestly, i am not political, racist, bigoted, sexist etc..
was not even aware that i did anything wrong. But, whatever it's not the end of my life... is it?
I thought about sending a finger and then i thought.. which one?? should i send my wedding ring too?
my wedding ring finger?
maybe my toes? would they like my toes??
so i looked for a forum for banned TGP members.
that's when you guys showed up.
I like that i can say things that i would if i had tourette's but i don't.
i just like shitfuckpissassmotherfucker
but yes. the lack of funding for social housing and drug rehabilitation programs in Vancouver is shameful. all this money and none available to the most destitute is disgusting.
I am a real guy and an honest hardly working man.
thanks for having me

I'm 55 and in Info Tech
3 grown boys and a beautiful wife of 30 yrs
Also not political, racist, bigoted or sexist (IMO)
I don't hang out at TGP but they can shove it
We are handing out crack pipes and needles in our cities
From one real, honest, hard working man to another - enjoy your stay here :yes:
:cheers:

Back