New Guitar Day! With some toneszzzz ( PRS BKP content)

• Thread starter Thread starter VESmedic
  • Start date Start date
V
VESmedic
Picked up this 2014 CU24. Had all the specs I’m looking for. The figured neck, noiseless springs, futone block ebony board, Floyd etc, I’ve never tried the holy divers, but I was open to them, and to me these are absolutely awesome. The BKP stuff I’ve tried in the past I never really got into, but these are absolutely insane in this guitar to me. Extreme clarity, extremely percussive, just really great in this guitar.

Here’s some super stupid iced earth riffage. The low end on this really reminded me of the record, kind of out of control and subby, I dig it though.

Herbert channel 3
TS808x
Marshall BV cab, 57 only

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yu5e...V-IE.wav?rlkey=ntu7sy9t9528buwa4n0bxne4v&dl=0

IMG_9071.jpeg

Picked up this 2014 CU24. Had all the specs I’m looking for. The figured neck, noiseless springs, futone block ebony board, Floyd etc, I’ve never tried the holy divers, but I was open to them, and to me these are absolutely awesome. The BKP stuff I’ve tried in the past I never really got into, but these are absolutely insane in this guitar to me. Extreme clarity, extremely percussive, just really great in this guitar.

Here’s some super stupid iced earth riffage. The low end on this really reminded me of the record, kind of out of control and subby, I dig it though.

Herbert channel 3
TS808x
Marshall BV cab, 57 only

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yu5e...V-IE.wav?rlkey=ntu7sy9t9528buwa4n0bxne4v&dl=0

View attachment 343399
First, I will come to be honest with you. This is beautiful guitars. The Floyd I see little of in wild land.

I need you maybe give more detail on this recording. One of better sound herbert clipz. Setting? Mic positioning? Sound so secks under mic in clip I am fully erect of penis. 🍻

Beautiful.

Also, sick finish. Looks unique but isn't gaudy at all, like how some PRS's can be. Looks really cool. And the clip sounds gnarly as usual man.

First, I will come to be honest with you. This is beautiful guitars. The Floyd I see little of in wild land.

I need you maybe give more detail on this recording. One of better sound herbert clipz. Setting? Mic positioning? Sound so secks under mic in clip I am fully erect of penis. 🍻
Somehow CN thought it'd be funny to engage in I.P. masking through a Borat filter

Sounds killer. I really need to try boosting my Herbert.

Mannnn do it! I love the maxon in front, as well as the precision drive big time. I’ve got tons of boosts, the Herbert is great at taking all of them unlike some amps. bb preamp is super killer with it as well.

Thanks man!! Nothin special here, just gotta use your ears :)

Beautiful.

Also, sick finish. Looks unique but isn't gaudy at all, like how some PRS's can be. Looks really cool. And the clip sounds gnarly as usual man.

Thanks homie, agreed. This one wasn’t over the top, and apparently I like a certain type of finish give mine are very similar tops minus the color haha. But I agree, a lot of PRS stuff can get super blingy, which is fine but not usually my bag.

For anyone that cares, I haven’t taken a lot of pics but here is the ad with detailed pics as well as list of upgrades. Dude gave me all the original parts too including the metal pickups, solid deal.

https://reverb.com/item/84526689-pr...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=84526689

I LOVE LAMP
Thanks man!! Nothin special here, just gotta use your ears :)
sevrits.jpeg

Just kid my friend. Just kid.

Edit:
Okay so now, I listen more closely. And now notice its actually multiple layers. And there is some little bit too much high end treble happen for my preference. Probably because boost do this (not fan of boost).

But guitar still have my polish sausage firm. Very attract. 👀

Last edited:
Awesome clip, man. I have also never tried boosting a Herbert, but from the overtones I am hearing, hitting the front end really lights it up!

Also, beautiful Custom 24's! What pickups do you have in your 35th Anniversary Custom 24?

View attachment 343522
Just kid my friend. Just kid.

Edit:
Okay so now, I listen more closely. And now notice its actually multiple layers. And there is some little bit too much high end treble happen for my preference. Probably because boost do this (not fan of boost).

But guitar still have my polish sausage firm. Very attract. 👀

Just double tracked, left and right side homie, that’s it! Might be too bright for some, but it would be about perfect in most mixes I like personally anyways.

Awesome clip, man. I have also never tried boosting a Herbert, but from the overtones I am hearing, hitting the front end really lights it up!

Also, beautiful Custom 24's! What pickups do you have in your 35th Anniversary Custom 24?

Thanks man, the Herbert is so much fun with a boost, surprised how many haven’t done it apparently! It really is great with MANY different OD’s in the front end, the input just behaves really well.

The anniversary has the 85/15’s in it. I really love them for how percussive and clear they are, but I may try the PRS metal pickups that came with my floyd custom 24, since the guy was nice enough to include them in it, but we will see.

Nicely done! The Floyd Custom 24s are really, really nice guitars and yours is no exception! !
Excellent job on the clip as well....sounds fabulous!

Thanks man, the Herbert is so much fun with a boost, surprised how many haven’t done it apparently! It really is great with MANY different OD’s in the front end, the input just behaves really well.

The anniversary has the 85/15’s in it. I really love them for how percussive and clear they are, but I may try the PRS metal pickups that came with my floyd custom 24, since the guy was nice enough to include them in it, but we will see.
I think I personally haven't tried it because I have never liked the results I got boosting a VH4 and just figured all Diezels would react like that. Clearly narrow thinking on my end! Haha!

Awesome man! The Metals are really great; tight and with a broad midrange that is not abrasive (like I find the HFS).

Back