New Mesa Boogie Amp: Badlander Rectifier

• Thread starter Thread starter Bxlxaxkxe
  • Start date Start date
that ola demo sounds like shit :dunno:

Yeah not a fan either. Sounds real scooped and bass heavy.

I'm looking into preordering one based off the description and hoping I can just return or sell for a small loss if I don't like it, but it sounds like the Rectifier I've wanted for years so I may just take the leap, considering none will be in my area any time soon.

that other demo is awful too. would like to hear it with a boost which im surprised ola didnt do but that sounds like a raggedy mess

Yeah not a fan either. Sounds real scooped and bass heavy.

I'm looking into preordering one based off the description and hoping I can just return or sell for a small loss if I don't like it, but it sounds like the Rectifier I've wanted for years so I may just take the leap, considering none will be in my area any time soon.

i expected to hear it and have buyers remorse on the triple recto i just bought but i guess thankfully thats not the case lol

Ola’s demo sound absolutely ok. Sounds like evolved Rectifier, maybe more Marshall mids and it is more appealing to guys who think Dual/Triple sound like ‘wall of fizz’ and useless without Tubescreamer.
How footswitch look like ?

I watched 3 demos of it earlier today. I think it sounds really good. I really like its 2 identical channels.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-16-at-3-36-02-PM.png

Why no 16 Ohm tap... why??????

I think they suspect you'll have Mesa 8 ohm 4x12's..
that ola demo sounds like shit :dunno:
I was waiting for him to hit it with a boost! He always breaks out a TS9...

I certainly heard *potential*. Sounded thick, I bet an SD805/similar would have changed things.

That Ola demo was so muffled. He usually mics up everything very well but this time it was a total bust IMO. Would have been better off using the CabClone IR. I'll bet Mesa wishes they could get a do over, especially for how many views he gets on his channel.

Maybe Mesa didn't want to do all of this with the classic Recto so they created this instead? Badlander? Sounds like a crappy 80's movie.

I'm not sure who will actual buy one at $2299!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...boogie-rectifier-badlander-100-watt-tube-head
And those knobs really bother me... other than that, a new Mesa amp is out there in the wild. :rock:

That Ola demo was so muffled. He usually mics up everything very well but this time it was a total bust IMO. Would have been better off using the CabClone IR. I'll bet Mesa wishes they could get a do over, especially for how many views he gets on his channel.

Maybe Mesa didn't want to do all of this with the classic Recto so they created this instead? Badlander? Sounds like a crappy 80's movie.

I'm not sure who will actual buy one at $2299!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...boogie-rectifier-badlander-100-watt-tube-head
And those knobs really bother me... other than that, a new Mesa amp is out there in the wild. :rock:

Considering I know a couple people who have them pre-ordered and they're generating huge buzz, I'm guessing a lot of people will.

Anyone know how the reactive load in the Cabclone IR compares to other reactive loads like Suhr or Two Notes? While other Mesa amps like the TC have CabClone built in, isn't this their first with an actual reactive load?

Aside from the awful name, I think this amp checks a lot of boxes and seems to be a great evolution of the Rectifier tone. Yes, it needs a 16 ohm tap, a resonance knob, and MIDI. Kinda stripped down feature set in this regard, but maybe the CabClone makes up for it. External switching of the clean/crunch/crush seems like a no-brainer that they goofed on, especially for 2020. I mean look at the new Revv amps coming out, pretty sure you can turn on your toaster oven AND set temperature from the footswitch, all while adjusting your WIFI thermostat :LOL:

I don't love the sound of any of the demos I've heard so far. And the amp not having a 16 ohm out or two 8 ohm outs for two 16 ohm cabs is a real bummer. And it feels weird to call it a Rectifier when it doesn't use Rectifier tubes.

Either way I'd like to hear it with 6L6's and A/B'd against an actual boosted Recto to see how close to a "modern Recto" it really is.

Interesting for sure.

Has the Single Rectifier Rectoverb look.

Interested.

Kind of looks like mine and yeah - no rectifier tubes in a Single Rec muddying things up :D

OAeiQjKl.jpg

Anyone know how the reactive load in the Cabclone IR compares to other reactive loads like Suhr or Two Notes? While other Mesa amps like the TC have CabClone built in, isn't this their first with an actual reactive load?

Aside from the awful name, I think this amp checks a lot of boxes and seems to be a great evolution of the Rectifier tone. Yes, it needs a 16 ohm tap, a resonance knob, and MIDI. Kinda stripped down feature set in this regard, but maybe the CabClone makes up for it. External switching of the clean/crunch/crush seems like a no-brainer that they goofed on, especially for 2020. I mean look at the new Revv amps coming out, pretty sure you can turn on your toaster oven AND set temperature from the footswitch, all while adjusting your WIFI thermostat :LOL:

The Mesa Cab Clone sucks compared to a TwoNotes Studio or Suhr IR. The Cab Clone kills off too much of the highs, muffles the lows, and sounds like you engaged a really bad tone sucking parallel fx loop.

This seems like a weird step back for Mesa. They have been perpetually adding more features, voicings, and channels pretty much every iteration. This seems to have less of an overall feature set than even the lunch box amps.

On the other hand, on paper, a more mid forward recto could be welcomed. My ears need a rest, so will listen to the demos in a day or two, but the comments so far don't sound too inspiring.

The Mesa Cab Clone sucks compared to a TwoNotes Studio or Suhr IR. The Cab Clone kills off too much of the highs, muffles the lows, and sounds like you engaged a really bad tone sucking parallel fx loop.

That's too bad. There actually hasn't been much discussion on their reactive load, maybe that's why.

This seems like a weird step back for Mesa. They have been perpetually adding more features, voicings, and channels pretty much every iteration. This seems to have less of an overall feature set than even the lunch box amps.

On the other hand, on paper, a more mid forward recto could be welcomed. My ears need a rest, so will listen to the demos in a day or two, but the comments so far don't sound too inspiring.

On the surface, it looks like Mesa wanted to push their CabClone IR forward while maintaining the price of the current MW. That meant cutting corners on the feature set. The JP2C was really a step forward in feature set for Mesa with the dual EQ's, MIDI, and built-in boost, not to mention a 16 ohm tap. IMO they should have just nixed the CabClone addition and released this at $1799 with the current feature set. Can you imagine the sales numbers? Then down the road you release the Badlander Coliseum 150w version with 4 channels, graphic EQ, MIDI, CabClone, on-board boost, more voicing switches, and a handjob switch and charge $3k.

Back