Pedalboard Build by Bob Savage

• Thread starter Thread starter Aristocat
  • Start date Start date
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Aristocat, here it is, lacquered... A few days for the finish to rest and once the parts arrive I'll get them all installed and ship it.

By the way, the stain isn't completely "vintage Cherry." I had a feeling you were thinking more of a cherry red so I thinned some vintage cherry stain and then mixed it 50/50 with a cinnamon stain. I think it came out beautiful.

Domenic-lacquered-1.jpg

Domenic-lacquered-2.jpg

Domenic-lacquered-3.jpg

Domenic-lacquered-4.jpg

Excellent workmanship Bob, how much does a board like this cost?

supersonic":2w63ausb said:

I need to get some of these out there to help with word of mouth business so if you're interested hit me up because I'm doing them at a discounted price right now.

Alternatively, I have some up at my site right now, ready to ship. http://www.savagewoodworks.com

Bob Savage":172ravog said:
supersonic":172ravog said:

I need to get some of these out there to help with word of mouth business so if you're interested hit me up because I'm doing them at a discounted price right now.

Alternatively, I have some up at my site right now, ready to ship. http://www.savagewoodworks.com
I'm thinking a 12x24 to somewhat match my TA. I would need o/s shipping. Could you PM me with cost/ details, thanks.
7jjv.jpg

Damn! Late to my own party.

It looks so killer Bob! I cannot wait to put it together

That looks great!

Well done! Looking forward to seeing the finished setup.

:)

:shocked: Wait!!!! A FLAMED figured stomp board?!?!?! What the... :worship: :worship: :worship:

Seriously - that's a gorgeous bit of word work man - but for STOMP BOXES?!?!?!?! I'd be scared to stick anything on that - it looks like it ought to hang on a wall and be adorned with badges and ribbons of lifetime achievements of wartime valor or number of ho's taken down in a 3 day blow and bourbon bender or family pictures of first borns etc... WOW!!!!!!!! Seriously GORGEOUS pedalboard.

Aristocat - that's just NUTS man!!!
Jaaaaaaayzeus!!!! I am impressed with that WOOD!!!! :2thumbsup:

Ventura":kpum8fxb said:
:shocked: Wait!!!! A FLAMED figured stomp board?!?!?! What the... :worship: :worship: :worship:

Seriously - that's a gorgeous bit of word work man - but for STOMP BOXES?!?!?!?! I'd be scared to stick anything on that - it looks like it ought to hang on a wall and be adorned with badges and ribbons of lifetime achievements of wartime valor or number of ho's taken down in a 3 day blow and bourbon bender or family pictures of first borns etc... WOW!!!!!!!! Seriously GORGEOUS pedalboard.

How's the woody about his wood?

Ventura":24bb52dl said:

It's just a piece of gear, a tool. Some may keep them at home in a protected environment but they're made to be used and abused.

I have some in inventory at http://www.savagewoodworks.com and am also wanting to get some of these out there for word of mouth/forum style grass roots business generation and am doing these for a great price so anyone on the fence, now's the time.

Ventura":1xuufun7 said:

I'll baby it for sure but if my foot goes through it (which it won't) I'd be happy for it to take the hit.

Bob and I talked about that and that's what I dug the most. We opted to give the board an extra 1.5" of space in order to fortify it and make it stronger.

They look so killer and make me want to go out and buy a bunch of pedals so I have a reason to buy one. :lol: :LOL:

These look great... I might have to buy one of these after I get a few more of my pedals

Aristocat":k6iwwgs5 said:
I'll baby it for sure but if my foot goes through it (which it won't) I'd be happy for it to take the hit.

Bob and I talked about that and that's what I dug the most. We opted to give the board an extra 1.5" of space in order to fortify it and make it stronger.

I'll be impressed if you put your foot through it. The cross members are 3/4" solid Maple. It's not impossible but you're hurting your pedals if you're you're even putting a bend in these boards.

Great job Bob :thumbsup:! Makes me wish I had a need for a pedalboard :lol: :LOL: .

Aristocat, I can't wait to see the finalized product :rock:!

I was thinking of putting together a small board for my acoustic deal. This convinced me. Once I settle on pieces I will PM you Bob. :)

Back