Prs mt 100

I haven’t owned or played one. But I have spoken to owners for a while in PMs deciding on one.

Consensus is that the clean and high gain channels are where it’s at. Not much use for the crunch. It’s a mix of Bogner and Mesa on the high gain channel. It’s more refined.

For the style of music I want to play, the raw aggressive nature of a dual rectifier suites my needs better and so I’ve decided against an MT100.
Not sure who gave that review; but I've had 2 F Triples, 2 G Triples/Duals and the king, the Rev C. The MT is basically an F Triple already boosted; with tight lows that are huge like any Recto.
The MT is definitely NOT a refined version of a Recto, not to my ears. It IS an already boosted Recto with tighter lows.
Just as raw and unrefined as any recto, other than the C which is in a class all its own.

Not sure who gave that review; but I've had 2 F Triples, 2 G Triples/Duals and the king, the Rev C. The MT is basically an F Triple already boosted; with tight lows that are huge like any Recto.
The MT is definitely NOT a refined version of a Recto, not to my ears. It IS an already boosted Recto with tighter lows.
Just as raw and unrefined as any recto, other than the C which is in a class all its own.
Pretty high praise. How noisy is it? My buddy just got a tele, so i was warning him about single coils with high gain

Pretty high praise. How noisy is it? My buddy just got a tele, so i was warning him about single coils with high gain
I have a Decimator on my board; so I don't worry about it...but, it seems pretty quiet. I have heard of others that complain about noise, however.
To me it's a killer amp and easily the best bang for the buck out there, at 1899 for a three channel amp. Much less than the EVH 100w offerings..although they are different tones for sure.

If they want to speak out themselves they can. I won’t speak on anyone’s behalf but that was the decision we came to for my particular needs. I’d rather a dual rec multi watt + boost pedals of my flavor over something tuned all in one. The crunch on a DRMW is actually really good.

If they want to speak out themselves they can. I won’t speak on anyone’s behalf but that was the decision we came to for my particular needs. I’d rather a dual rec multi watt + boost pedals of my flavor over something tuned all in one. The crunch on a DRMW is actually really good.
The multi watts are killer versions of the Rectos, for sure. Can't go wrong with one of those.

The MT is a great amp on it's own, and a nice change up to my Marshalls.

The GZ Dual Tremo is what I wanted the MW Recto to be. I loved the MW dual but it was not possible to get it to track faster regardless of boost. Tight enough boosted, absolutely, it was still too sluggish in the way way it tracked.

I have one, got it used 1100 bucks, Dollar for dollar its a killer amp, It sounds great in a room, and Mint under a mic. Cuts easy, Fits in a mix its like it works. Great tool. Some people feel its bland or not special and doesn't sound like a c+ but for the price its rocks well man. I cant think of something else that does what that amp does for the cost. Plus clean is good and that middle dumble deal is cool and you can mess with it.

The GZ Dual Tremo is what I wanted the MW Recto to be. I loved the MW dual but it was not possible to get it to track faster regardless of boost. Tight enough boosted, absolutely, it was still too sluggish in the way way it tracked.
Throwing an aggressively set gate in the effects loop to track from the guitar signal didn’t work?

Throwing an aggressively set gate in the effects loop to track from the guitar signal didn’t work?
I've never owned a gate, so couldn't say. I think that would be a way to get closer but my gut tells me still wouldn't have done it for me.

I remember the one I had sounding like a mix of a boosted Recto and Uber. It very much sounded and felt like an already boosted amp. My only tighter amps straight in were the Hermansson and Dorado. For a recent made amp it's quite good, but all my keepers I compared it with sounded to me more raw/less polished, even the Steavens and Hell Razor. I definitely remember Rev F's being more more raw/rough around the edges. Boosting it of course homogenizes the sound and cuts lows, but at least the amps I compared with had more extended lows. I think if anything I found it sort of refined/polished in a good way rather say Friedman's typically being polished in a bad way. That already boosted effect with some low end and high end cut in the right places (no harshness) gives what a lot of guys ultimately try to dial their amps in to be anyway

I've never owned a gate, so couldn't say. I think that would be a way to get closer but my gut tells me still wouldn't have done it for me.
Yeah stock (even boosted) they're not the amps if one needs really tight or fast tracking. I just don't know if some of these modded ones get more filtered/sterile sounding or fully maintain all the throaty growl and other good stuff I get in the early ones stock. The Hermansson's become their own thing that I also love and about as tight and fast tracking as it gets

Yeah stock (even boosted) they're not the amps if one needs really tight or fast tracking. I just don't know if some of these modded ones get more filtered/sterile sounding or fully maintain all the throaty growl and other good stuff I get in the early ones stock. The Hermansson's become their own thing that I also love and about as tight and fast tracking as it gets
Never played an early recto, but compared to the MW I had, I think it has plenty of that throaty growl. Has that gritty, ragged edge still and nothing sterile at all to my ears. I run the gain on it higher than any amp I've owned, and I typically run gain fairly conservative, but on this amp it sounds soooooo good up higher. One of those amps that is so fun to play and just sounds so good I don't want to stop playing.

Well. I am getting more positive feedback and higher praise than I anticipated. He started looking more boutique last night and was talking about revv and engl fireball. I directed him towards a silver jubilee. But i am wondering if maybe i should have him just get the prs. Just gotta see if he cares about a clean. He has a fender twin, so i doubt it

Engl build quality is trash and revv is either love it or hate it - there is no in between. I agree for the money the PRS is going to be hard to beat.

Back