RIP Jeff Beck

• Thread starter Thread starter BackCrack
  • Start date Start date
431805d2df6a044720a4c57f03ee3567.jpg

Face it boys, we're getting old. I'm 42, and a lot of my guitar heroes are dying off or can't play anymore. I know a lot of you are a little older than me. Before too long, we're not going to have anyone left :(

Face it boys, we're getting old. I'm 42, and a lot of my guitar heroes are dying off or can't play anymore. I know a lot of you are a little older than me. Before too long, we're not going to have anyone left :(

That's the way life is . Nobody lives forever , 78 isn't too shabby , what sucks is he could still play as good as ever. RIP to the great Jeff Beck.

78 is a good run IMO ............... hope I make 78
incredible unique player .... RIP

So I've never really listened to much Jeff Beck. The few things I've heard were quite unimpressive, but everyone raves about him. What are some songs or particular recordings I can find on YouTube that'll wow me with either technical prowess, or creativity, or just plain beautiful melodic lines or whatever? I owe it to the man to appreciate at least a couple of his tunes or recordings.

Man, I know he had some much more music in him.
Sad day.:cry:

Nooooooooo! I don’t think there was ever a “name the guitarist in one note” guy more than JB. Giant in rock guitar. Totally unique.

Probably the most goose-bump raising single note for me in all of music is that high swell near the end of CWEAL. Chilling.

He was one of the few guitarists that was truly peerless. The news stopped me in my tracks.

So I've never really listened to much Jeff Beck. The few things I've heard were quite unimpressive, but everyone raves about him. What are some songs or particular recordings I can find on YouTube that'll wow me with either technical prowess, or creativity, or just plain beautiful melodic lines or whatever? I owe it to the man to appreciate at least a couple of his tunes or recordings.
Blow By Blow Live it Learn it :worship:

I learned this song when I was 13, I thought it sounded cool... later on when I heard him doing all that whammy type stuff it didnt even sound like the same guy

I'm not huge on most of his newer albums, but I loved his fusion era recordings; try Blow By Blow and Wired albums.

Back