RIP Jeff Beck

• Thread starter Thread starter BackCrack
  • Start date Start date
aWjzErg.jpg

Saw him perform in Tampa with SRV opening.
Both were on fire that night.
You could tell, Beck is one of those guys
who really should play lead guitar.
Hearing him live really solidified that.
WTF am I next?? JEEZ..
I guess this is the part about old age you
have to get old to fully experience,
-childhood famous actors, superhero’s,
favorite musicians, family pets, marriages etc,
-they get old and die also.
Every moment of our lives is..precious.
This one has officially knocked me down for the count fellas.

RIP. I never got into his music much but could definitely appreciate it and the impact he had. A legend.

Just one note and you knew it was Jeff. Wow! Trippy dark days as of late. R.I.P. Jeff, truly one of a kind.

So I've never really listened to much Jeff Beck. The few things I've heard were quite unimpressive, but everyone raves about him. What are some songs or particular recordings I can find on YouTube that'll wow me with either technical prowess, or creativity, or just plain beautiful melodic lines or whatever? I owe it to the man to appreciate at least a couple of his tunes or recordings.
Cause We’ve Ended as Lovers is one of my favorites. Also the solo in Ambitious from the Flash record is insane. Great tremolo work.

I can't sit through a song..tried last night after posting here and remember that I had bought Guitar Shop way back when I was a wee young teen because he was supposed to be " the " guy. It feels like atmospheric or very light Jazz at times. Just not for me. That said, I hear small bits of his style and playing in a ton of monster players so there is that. You can't deny his influence, hard not to respect that. But yeah, I still can't sit through a song. Blaze of Glory solo spot is cool though!

50 years of listening to this guy. It's hard to process.
Jeff Beck went thru many phases. Never content to rest on his laurels.
To the guys searching, check out the power trio Beck Bogert & Appice.

I can't sit through a song..tried last night after posting here and remember that I had bought Guitar Shop way back when I was a wee young teen because he was supposed to be " the " guy. It feels like atmospheric or very light Jazz at times. Just not for me. That said, I hear small bits of his style and playing in a ton of monster players so there is that. You can't deny his influence, hard not to respect that. But yeah, I still can't sit through a song. Blaze of Glory solo spot is cool though!
You gotta dig into some of the live video from 74 and 75 for a proper introduction to Beck.

The live stuff with Jan Hammer is off the charts. Guy was on fire.

Guitar Shop is cool, but was a hard listen for me back in the day.

Back