Slash solo tour pedal board by Rack Systems W/ADDED PICS

ihave27frets":325ecuaa said:
RACKSYSTEMS":325ecuaa said:
everything in front nothing in the loops.

When ever ive tried to run delay in front of the amp it always sounds bad, is it because I use high gain? I thought my only option was in the loop with any real gain at all?
try a radial FX loop Mixer that way your DIRECT signal is there.. and then BLEND your delay/reverb in. sounds alot better

Hi guys,
I'm new on this board, and very interested in Slash's rig.

I wanted to answer to Marc_Nitschke question about if the Slash Signature was really used for Dirty Tone.

I think yes, and I think the Dirty Channel is on, I had noticed this when watching the Roxy show in April:

img-161126ne8vy.jpg

But what tubes are in the SL2555. Seems to be El34's whereas the Jubilee seems to have the 6550 ?

I thought the GnR AFD was recorded with a 1959 Marshall that was rented and accidently returned. Slash then used a 2555 for the tour.

Excuse me... is Slash using the prototype on the road? 'Cause I've read somewhere that he still didn't using it :no:

Slash has tried the proto couple of weeks ago, and Marshall said there are still some adjustments to make.

But we can assume that as soon as he's gonna receive a good one, you could try one out on the road, why not...

jlbax, AFD was recorded with a modified 59 Superlead rented by SIR (#36).
slash had tried #39 (moded by Tim Caswell) before the recording (preprod) and wanted this one, but when the recording has started, #39 was already rented to Georges Lynch. Tim Caswell had already left SIR, and as #39 was very popular, a young assistant Frank Levi decided to reproduce #39 and has created #36, the one who was rented to Slash and that he tried to stole.
Slash eventually had to give it back and went on tour with GNR to promote AFD and used Silver Jubilees for the 1st time.

The JCM 800 from AFD100 is called #34 and has a similar kind of mod, a 4th preamp tube to get more gain.

stoof":1jm3347c said:
Slash has tried the proto couple of weeks ago, and Marshall said there are still some adjustments to make.

But we can assume that as soon as he's gonna receive a good one, you could try one out on the road, why not...

jlbax, AFD was recorded with a modified 59 Superlead rented by SIR (#36).
slash had tried #39 (moded by Tim Caswell) before the recording (preprod) and wanted this one, but when the recording has started, #39 was already rented to Georges Lynch. Tim Caswell had already left SIR, and as #39 was very popular, a young assistant Frank Levi decided to reproduce #39 and has created #36, the one who was rented to Slash and that he tried to stole.
Slash eventually had to give it back and went on tour with GNR to promote AFD and used Silver Jubilees for the 1st time.

The JCM 800 from AFD100 is called #34 and has a similar kind of mod, a 4th preamp tube to get more gain.

Back