The best deal

• Thread starter Thread starter mudf00t
  • Start date Start date
mudf00t
mudf00t
One of the things that I love about collecting guitars (in addition to playing) is the hunt for the deal.

When you are looking for that one thing in particular but don't want to pay retail.

I want to hear everyone's story about how they got their best deal.

1973 Fender Strat in Olympic white faded to yellow. $60. Sold to to Yngwie (his buyer) in 1989 (like 3 months)for $500. lol. I was looking for one and a friend's father told me about it. Done!

Fender Rhodes with 2 vintage Fender cabs. Guy had it on his front lawn for sale. I think I paid $175.

Damn these deals are bringing back my old gear whore ways. :lol: :LOL:

Same pawn shop sold me an early ESP KH-2 Ouija for $600 and a 1994 Ibanez Iceman IC-500 for $180. Sold the Ouija to pay for my wedding and traded the Ibanez for a PRS CE-22 that I still have. Loved both of those guitars though.

Forget the exact year but 1970's something (Think it was a 72) LP custom, antique white with a black pick guard in dead mint condition for $350. Was a great deal until the dude's dad showed up at my parents house a month later demanding the guitar his idiot son stole and sold me :cry: :bash: :thumbsdown: :doh: :bleh: :(

Jesus, some of these deals.

I've never gotten anything good lol. I feel with my latest purge I've been smart, patient and have gotten very fair deals but nothing like a $600 Oujia wtf. That was an ESP and not LTD? Insane deal.

I got a Rev. 2 for $1555 an MXR EW for $50 and a 2011 Standard Series Horizon for $750 (with a few minor issues) so I'm very happy and feel lucky it damn, I'm kind of jealous about some of the posts on here.

1979 Marshall JMP 100 watt head.... $100!!!.... Seriously

That was back in the 80's. I later scored another JMP for $300 and two Marshall basketweave 4x12's with greenbacks for $300 each

I miss the 80's!!!

Ed

I've had some decent deals on gear, but nothing spectacular I guess. I got a brand new PRS Satin Standard 24 (which I still own) for $700 when they were first released. I initially got 15% off when I bought it from Sweetwater. A sales manager called me up to follow up on my purchase asking me how I liked it. I told him I wasn't too crazy about the pickups and he offered to send me some other pickups, which shocked me. I told him thanks, but I wasn't sure which ones I wanted to go with. In the end, he really surprised me because he ended up giving me $150 back to get some replacements when I was ready. I don't know if he was aware of the 15% off I already got, but I took it! Another good purchase I got from Sweetwater was a new '13 LP Traditional for $1,429 back when they blew them out around Black Friday in 2013....couple of years later, I sold it for a profit.

I bought a brand new Ibanez JPM P4 for $750 many years ago before it was announced that Petrucci was going to leave them for EBMM. Four years later, I sold it for $1400.

I got a prs custom 22 for $800. Ripped the pickups out and sold it for $900. Sold the pickups separate for 200 or so. Found a Fernandes decade elite for $300 on ebay years ago. That was their flagship $1400 model and it's a really amazing guitar. Still own it.

Must we add if any sexual favors were exchanged? If the answer is yes then I'm not sharing.

Hughes and Kettner Duotone combo £300. I didn't need a new amp but I wanted it so I got it not expecting much and now it's the only amp I use.

Back