The best deal

• Thread starter Thread starter mudf00t
  • Start date Start date
Not counting things I bought back in the day when prices were on a whole different planet...

I got my mkV 25 with matching 2x12 cab for $1200
Blackout HDA7 for $950
OG 5150 combo from the original owner for $500
Nash s63 for $1300

All local deals on craigslist or marketplace, decent gear is really hard to sell in this area. The flip side is that if I want to get rid of anything without shipping, I'm not getting market value.

the forums (RT, HC, TGP, Sevenstring, PRS....)
i remember buying Marshall JMP-1's, ADA-MP1's, Piranha's, for about $200 to $350 apiece, MB triaxis maybe $450 used?, even the Randall modules for cheap....OG BL 5150 for $300-400 locally in 1998 (in anything but mint condition LOL)
miss those days....
Around 2002 I bought a block letter 5150 for $350, which I sold like an idiot a few years later. Then around 2007 I bought an sig one for $350, which I also sold like an idiot.

Around 2002 I bought a block letter 5150 for $350, which I sold like an idiot a few years later. Then around 2007 I bought an sig one for $350, which I also sold like an idiot.
you and me both :P
that said, 3 years after the Maestro's passing :( it seems like EVH-related gear prices are "stabilizing" somewhat YMMV, but yeah an OG 5150 BL is still around $1-$1.2k-ish :(

About 10 years ago I was buying some weed from a friend and some crackhead who was desperate was trying to sell his Jackson Randy Rhoads to the dealer. The dealer was like, fuck you. I asked him how much he wanted, “I’ll take anything for it”, he said. I had 700 bucks, he threw in aHughes & Kettner combo. I ended up trading that guitar for a Mesa Boogie, JP2C.
Crackhead selling a guitar. Most likely stolen.

you and me both :p
that said, 3 years after the Maestro's passing :( it seems like EVH-related gear prices are "stabilizing" somewhat YMMV, but yeah an OG 5150 BL is still around $1-$1.2k-ish :(
Yeah, I don't think I could justify buying one at those prices. Especially considering that you can't call peavey for cheap replacement parts as easily as you could years ago.

I'm really happy with my combo, if I find a block letter or sig head for a reasonable price locally, I'll probably grab it.

Back