The Coolest Strat thread?

• Thread starter Thread starter crankster
  • Start date Start date
My Fender American Custom Shop Silverburst with Duncan JB and Lace Sen
FENDER.jpg
sor singles...

Last edited:
2011 Custom Shop 57 with a Lollar Blackface set and a Callaham Gilmour Trem.

ldhk0k4fm1ips3otriyv.jpg

Quartersawn goodness.

qhnbelsuhiddjmdiemvb.jpg

After several Warmoth builds I went back to a 60th Anniversary Chinese Squier in Aztec Gold. The Alder body, neck, strap buttons, and input jack are the only remaining org items. Already have a Roasted Maple Warmth neck in my cart

Might not be the "coolest", but when my daughter was born in October, my wife and I fell in love with the name Daphne Louise. In the hospital my wife kept calling her Daphne Lou. Hmm.. Well 5 days and no sleep later I got the OK to pull the trigger on a new Custom Shop '63 Journeyman Strat in Daphne Blue. As soon as it arrived we stamped her footprint in the back spring plate. Maybe some day 20 or so years from now I'll actually let her play her strat.
20230423_101521.jpg

^ I guess

I figured someone might think it has a cool factor. It probably sounds fire! You know....smokin' tone. Puts a whole new meaning to tobacco burst. :lol:

^ I guess

I figured someone might think it has a cool factor. It probably sounds fire! You know....smokin' tone. Puts a whole new meaning to tobacco burst. :LOL:
Oh, okay. I thought this was yours for a sec :ROFLMAO: Maybe one of those old marlboro mail order guitars.

Oh, okay. I thought this was yours for a sec :ROFLMAO: Maybe one of those old marlboro mail order guitars.
Ha. I'm weird but I'm not that weird.

Plus, a water filled plexiglass tank cut out or whatever the fuck that is probably would kill resonance :yes:

Maybe it is just a very good decal :dunno:

1986 E series Japanese Strat I got at 16 years old. It still lives and better action and playability than any other guitar I own.
I had that same guitar in the same color when I was a kid!

Honestly, I can't find anything 'cool' about the typical Strat. And my first electric was a brand new '74 Hardtail Strat. The moment I played a Gibson-style Guitar, there was no going back. In '79, I bought a brand-new Dean E'Lite at old Don Weir's Music in san Francisco.
I have been thinking of doing Warmoth/Musikraft Gibson-scale Strat with three P90's style pickups. Could be nice to have so somewhat 'Fender-ish' sounds.
But typical s/s/s Strat? Been there, done that. Don't want the t-shirt.
You couldn't just skip this thread?

“The Eddie Hazel Cremepuff”

Attachments

• 6EDFA4CF-CEA4-4CBD-987E-E44BE1004419.jpeg
    6EDFA4CF-CEA4-4CBD-987E-E44BE1004419.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 45

Back