THE FORMER/CURRENT TGP MEMBERS SECRET FARCE THREAD.

• Thread starter Thread starter ShitSquatch
  • Start date Start date
Yeah it damn sure is

Some folks didn’t like the thread because they didn’t “get” it and thought it was stupid, but didn’t seem to like the fact that people were having fun in there
I also think that it became it's own thing that just happened to be hosted on TGP. If you think about it, the Farce had all the other aspects of the site rolled into it. Yes, it was mainly good humoured nonsense but we discussed gear, music, posted our own stuff, talked about about films, books. There was no need to go outside of it at all. And for some reason people hated it.

I also think that it became it's own thing that just happened to be hosted on TGP. If you think about it, the Farce had all the other aspects of the site rolled into it. Yes, it was mainly good humoured nonsense but we discussed gear, music, posted our own stuff, talked about about films, books. There was no need to go outside of it at all. And for some reason people hated it.
Yep, nailed it

I have watched a number of OTC tupe sub-forum on different forums. I always thought they seemed to be more trouble than they were worth.

Watching the past several months here I got it. As the membership has risen fueled by the new folks from TGP, the activity in OTC has increased. A lot. @Monkey Man has said as much.

The gear related forums don’t seem to be experiencing as big of an uptick.

That is what clicked. A frenzied OTC with a bunch of traffic is actually a positive for the site owner. More traffic == Higher $$$ for advertising space. Higher revenue can tweak an owners bulshit meter when it comes to “noise” and difficult situations.

That is what is bizarre about the farce page getting shutdown. The farce page drove some traffic. It was a draw. It either stopped driving traffic, so why not kill it? Or… there is some really personal shit going on with the TGP mods/owner and they are doing some stupid, irrational shit as a result.

I suspect there are spies and/or tale carriers here on RT who go back and work up Scott and the mod squad.

Losing a chunk of their most active content generators to RT probably helps fuel the animus too.
TGP: were income and commonsense go to die.

X28REld.jpg
It needs a super hot curry and 8 pints of Stella.

Great silly conspiracy theory.
The problem with it is you left out the part where @$hit$quat reported several people in the thread and it backfired on him. He never expected Auld to shut it down, let alone not reopen it. Now the new thread is going at an even faster and smoother clip than Squat’s ever did and that of course now enrages Squat to no end.

He even showed more shortsightedness by declaring he won’t participate in the new thread anymore and started a gaggle of other threads to search for support and adulation. Unfortunately for him those threads are.. well let’s just say they’re rather stale already.
Now he’ll need to find an excuse or justification to back track and post in the new and much improved thread again.
Hmmmm. One of the TGP shills. You are a fucking trolling ass moron dude… and not good at it either.

I notice one of the other troll/shills (who couldn’t answer a serious question) gave you a little love on this post too.

Your little clique makes it easy to identify the TGP shills.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. One of the TGP shills. You are a fucking trolling ass moron dude… and not good at it either.

I notice one of the other troll/shills (who couldn’t answer a serious question) gave you a little love on this post too.

Your little clique makes it easy to identify the TGP shills.
You mean, it wasn’t the thread title that made TGPers easy to identify? Troll says, “what?”

You mean, it wasn’t the thread title that made TGPers easy to identify? Troll says, “what?”
This is the best TGP can throw at RT? Sad and embarassing.

There’s only a small handful of TGP shills in this thread. Most of the TGPers in this thread are just doing their thing, until one of a very small number of asshats shows up to try to derail the thread.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited:

Back