This seem like about average decent LP tone to me

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
V
VonBonfire
But he sure blows some smoke about it. I made it to 1:35 when he said you can hear the individual bells. Hey bro, put the crack down thats the sound of a ringing guitar string. I tried to watch more, nope. Guys a good player and all but I think I was watching a vid of him and that Rhett Shill guy a couple months back supposedly picking out Shills best LP ever blah blah. It's a solid body mass production instrument. There are like 10,000 LP's and copies for sale on Reverb at any time. You got a nice guitar, not excalibur man. It didn't strike me as any more amazing than a number of great LPs I've heard before. Seems like a Heritage "not a sales job" sales job "oh they spent a year building it". I guess they carved it with a pocket knife. Weight relieved. Yuck. Slim taper. Yuck. Maybe I'm just being a negative jerk, that is entirely possible, but I can't breath listening to all the smoke blowing. What's next haunting mids? It's not bad just not as great as he is suggesting. Feel free to criticize my take.

it actually put me in a good mood watching this :) i feel good for people when they find inspiring gear that brings the pure joy you can see he has when hes playing it, its making me want to go jam as i love that feeling myself. it wont be on my LP though cause i hate that fucking thing. sorry this vid got you all bent out shape VonBon, not a good way to spend a sunday all pissed and tender

My Orville will sound like any other Les Paul to anyone listening to a recording of it, but they got no clue of how I'm relating to it from a player perspective or what things about it that make me want to pick it up. My Strat and Les Paul are two of the best sounding guitars I own, what do they sound like? A Strat and a Les Paul.

it actually put me in a good mood watching this :) i feel good for people when they find inspiring gear that brings the pure joy you can see he has when hes playing it, its making me want to go jam as i love that feeling myself. it wont be on my LP though cause i hate that fucking thing. sorry this vid got you all bent out shape VonBon, not a good way to spend a sunday all pissed and tender

Fuck yes.

By your own admission you shouldn't even be in here since when it comes to your LP you hate it. After seeing that frat boy play list of yours I'm surprised your main gig isn't turntables.

Yeah, that inspiring 2c+… 😁

By your own admission you shouldn't even be in here since when it comes to your LP you hate it. After seeing that frat boy play list of yours I'm surprised your main gig isn't turntables.

many have wanted me out of here for far less offenses than calling les pauls what they are, which is overrated. i cant help i still pull in early 20something chicks that play these frat boy jams which i start liking :dunno:

It doesn't bother me so much.

The guitar successfully accomplishes what a lot of players look for in an LP and he demonstrates that pretty well. He goes a little overboard trying to explain what he likes about it, in a way that'll make sense to non-guitarists or less experienced players.

I also like a Heritage as a company. They offer most of the goods that Gibson does, at a better price & value. There was a local shop in town that carried them for a while in the early 2000's, 20 year old me spent a lot of time playing them wishing I could afford one.

Man, people get butthurt when I say Tele's suck, because they do.. :ROFLMAO:
But you hatin' on Les Paul's..

Huh?

You just said you may have an overly negative take and that we should feel free to criticize? :dunno:

That guy is some studio dude that has a good space and nice gear to record with..
I think his basement is setup with a couple 412's with different speakers miced up and cranked..
If I only had a situation like that.. Yeah fuck this guy.. LOL

Man, people get butthurt when I say Tele's suck, because they do.. :ROFLMAO:
But you hatin' on Les Paul's..

Trust me, it’s not what i want and it really bums me out, but the only way I can describe mine is clunky and slow. I know it’s a 96 standard, I’m not sure what the neck profile is but it doesn’t fit my hand at all. I also get this weird string noise while playing I can’t explain and never experienced with any other guitar before, me and the thing just don’t get along

Great player, but the thing that struck me as odd was that he raved about the guitar Heritage had built for him and then “reviewed” a completely different, black guitar.

many have wanted me out of here for far less offenses than calling les pauls what they are, which is overrated.
Then all Les Paul tone is overrated to your ears so why are you here when you should be outside having playtime with the other kids? I never suggested you should be thrown out of here. I should be thrown out of here. I'm not angry, I'm negative. Learn the difference baby huey. Especially negative about that playlist of yours. Thank you for doing your part to destroy music.

These guys make a living from these videos. They have to keep making new content.

My guess is most of his viewers are close to his age and many of them like Les Pauls. So it makes sense to me.

And everybody thinks their Les Paul is that special one…except @RaceU4her. I know mine is.

If you don’t like it don’t watch it. Why are you even in there?

If you don’t like it don’t watch it. Why are you even in there?
Yeah damn me for clicking on a video that showed up in my youtube feed and not liking it. I must've done something wrong. I'm not even really bagging that hard on it. I thought the tone was decent but a long way from the most amazing LP tone I've heard. Yeah, he's making a living and supplementing his income with stupid click bait video titles. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

That guy is some studio dude that has a good space and nice gear to record with..
I think his basement is setup with a couple 412's with different speakers miced up and cranked..
If I only had a situation like that.. Yeah fuck this guy.. LOL
I found out a few weeks ago that this guy has recorded guitar on a lot of big hits from the 80s. IMO, he made Bon Jovi famous playing on his first big single before he even had a band... which just happens to be one of the only two songs I like by BJ

Last edited:
Yeah damn me for clicking on a video that showed up in my youtube feed and not liking it. I must've done something wrong….Yeah, he's making a living and supplementing his income with stupid click bait video titles. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
I second your negativity and all I can say is goddam people on the internet are annoying. Good to have a place like RT to vent. Eff that dude, his stupid LP and the whole channel. Eff JBJ too.

…Monday's here, have a great week fellas! 👊😜👍

Fuck that guy that’s got more experience and working knowledge of guitars, music and the music business than anyone else on this forum combined. What a loser, thinking his LP is special. It’s not even a real Gibson. You know he’s just going to use it to make more videos imparting his information out for free, using all these awesome guitar tones through amps people would love to own, what a clown.

Back