Tom Morello sucks in a big way...

• Thread starter Thread starter Code001
  • Start date Start date
:|::QBB:
SgtThump":9eea5 said:

Everytime someone talks about how great of a player he is, then they show me a clip or point me to a song, it all sucks. I just don't get it.

You know I'm mainly doing this to push buttons. :) But I really do think he sucks.

I think the stuff that he did with Rage was awesome and *gulp* innovative. I hadn't heard anyone doing stuff like it. He's an above intermediate player with poor vibrato.

Now, I lost a bunch of respect for the guy because he's just a poseur on stage.

Tom Morello needs to do two things :

1.) Leave The United States of America and live in a communist country

2.) Quit playing guitar and stay out of the United States of America forever.

Big Rage fan here, not so big on Audioslave. It's funny, in High School I had my strict, millitary Republican fan buy me the first CD for my birthday one year. Boy did he flip out when he heard what they sang about!!!

SgtThump":d342c said:

Everytime someone talks about how great of a player he is, then they show me a clip or point me to a song, it all sucks. I just don't get it.

You know I'm mainly doing this to push buttons. :) But I really do think he sucks.

I posted an Audioslave song earlier in this thread with a cool solo in it, the link is probably dead now. But i would love to hear you try and play that solo note for note. Let me know if you want to hear it again.

i don't see it anywhere? can u post it again....if he's in some ridiculous tuning and has gobs of effects on I will refuse to even listen. But I'm open to your suggestion.

www.myspace.com/blueroomsounds

defpearlpilot":92d2a said:

There's a lot more to it then that but whatever you say. :)

You have to remember that these guys are old geezers from the 80s and 70s.
They still have their camaros parked in their backyards. :doh:

Nearly 300 replies. Impressive.

The Gears of War thread still reigns supreme.

Taco Supreme.

Morello is indeed the most overrated guitar player alive. A few cool sound effects is all he has to offer. Audioslave sounds like a 14 year old kids garage band. :lol: I hope Cornell finds some great guys to hook up with now that he's free.

Back