Undesirable Mesa Dual Rectifiers

• Thread starter Thread starter japetus
  • Start date Start date
To me the only good one that I'd have interest in would be the Mini Rectum.

I did an a/b with the Mini and the bigger, older vintage brothers and found myself prefering the new thing every time, for every situation.

That's my take, I'll let the door slam all your asses on the way out while I take advantage of the wifey's assets.

Tata!

To me the only good one that I'd have interest in would be the Mini Rectum.

That's my take, I'll let the door slam all your asses on the way out while I take advantage of the wifey's assets.

Tata!
IMG_5445.jpeg

There's a 3 channel dual rec non-multi watt in a local store here that has all the recto tone you'd need. Supprised me. I haven't played or heard one like this before this that sounded this good.

I feel as though I have posted this long ago, but time has passed. And with time, opinions change.

What do the "Dual Recto Pros" consider the more "undesirable" Recto revisions, and why?

Any 3 channel that was made after they started using V1B.

You forgot the rest of the comment:
"That's my take, I'll let the door slam all your asses on the way out while I take advantage of the wifey's assets.

Tata!"

😆 🤣 😂

Last edited:
i’d read that the 3ch MW is somewhat better than the earlier 3ch ‘solo’ amps but a tech told me that the circuit variance is negligible and there is nothing non-recto or bad sounding about the solo ones.
there might be a bargain to be head there..

trem-o-verb is my personal fav.

I bet if we took twenty various Rectifier amps put them on a switcher all going to the same cab and dialed them in similar no one would be able to pick out the supposed golden amps. Sure they are all going to sound slightly different. But the differences are much less than some believe.

The rest is subjective. If the individual prefers darker or brighter sounds.

I bet if we took twenty various Rectifier amps put them on a switcher all going to the same cab and dialed them in similar no one would be able to pick out the supposed golden amps. Sure they are all going to sound slightly different. But the differences are much less than some believe.

The rest is subjective. If the individual prefers darker or brighter sounds.
I’ve compared side by side 3 Rev C’s (played 4 total) and have compared my favorite of the 3 C’s with 2 Triple Rev F/C mods, a Rev D and Badlander I all had and IME the differences were pretty clear cut and actually bigger than I was expecting between revisions. Sure they varied plenty between the same revisions, but still at least sounded like the same revision overall with their respective distinctive qualities to each

The F’s sounded stale and less responsive vs the C and D and couldn’t be dialed in to really get the same sound or feel. Even if dialed it in a lot brighter than the C or D it still couldn’t get the aggression or grind the same way in those frequencies (smoother/staler) nor the same tightness and perhaps most importantly the feel. At least from the player’s perspective that difference in feel is quite substantial imo. The C and D were also the only Recto’s I really thought were capable of great lead tones when needed (IIC+ for me is still better there though). In clips I guess one can argue they’re all close enough for government work, but in person the differences to me are pretty big. The D I had was pretty damn good, but the C’s were even better. I could be very happy with any of these early Recto’s, any would be at least top 6 for me, but ignorance is bliss doesn’t work for me

I also find, while you generally get fatter low mids as the revisions go up, the Rev C’s have the most extended actual low end IME

I had 4 of various versions. I grew out of that sound and sold ‘em in 2005

Back