Unpopular Rigpinions V2

• Thread starter Thread starter ghosty999
  • Start date Start date
Beatles of course are legends, but after a few albums, they turned to complete rubbish to say the least.

Pete Thorn is a gear whore who makes money on YT views, its that simple.

GnR were also complete rubbish after AFD.

I will always love Sabbath and put them at #1, however, after No rest for the wicked, Ozzys music has sucked big time and he has always been a blumbering fool. This is most likely a popular opinion...

After Powerslave, Maiden has been subpar, and that's being nice.

AND of course,,,,,Metallica's last good album was AJFA. Also....complete rubbish for the last 34 years.
Haha I don't think any of these are unpopular opinions. Most would agree 100% (myself included). Pete seems like a nice guy, but I never understood his appeal or why he became so successful. I don't dislike anything about him, but honestly never noticed anything particularly great or special about him either. Just whatever to me honestly, but obviously there are at least a couple hundred thousands guys that don't see it the way I do

Fun thread! I'll play:
-Whenever a thread to "Post Your Stage Rig" comes along, the same guys always post their huge racks of expensive amps in their beautiful homes. It's sad and says a lot about how they play guitar and f**k.
-All of George Lynch's guitars looked dumb in the 80's, and look even dumber now.

So this is actually true, i agree about the huge racks of expensive amps

but ill push back, theres a few of those guys who can actually play (and post clips/music)

it annoys me much more when there isn't any music to show for it

Haha I don't think any of these are unpopular opinions. Most would agree 100% (myself included). Pete seems like a nice guy, but I never understood his appeal or why he became so successful. I don't dislike anything about him, but honestly never noticed anything particularly great or special about him either. Just whatever to me honestly, but obviously there are at least a couple hundred thousands guys that don't see it the way I do
Try to listen his no.2 album. Really refreshing from guitarist point of view. Great melodies, licks, sounds that works for song…excelent songwriter. I dont remember more intresting instrumental album in last few years.

Load is a great album
I agree. I really liked Load/Reload.

I took it for what it was. I listened to it through the guise of a hard rock album and not a metal album. If you do that, it is easier to digest.

Edit: v 'Outlaw Torn' is SICK

Last edited:
I agree. I really liked Load/Reload.

I took it for what it was. I listened to it through the guise of a hard rock album and not a metal album. If you do that, it is easier to digest.
The Outlaw Torn, Bleeding Me and Fixxxer, c’mon. Great songs off great albums!

Geezer Butler and Bob Daisly wrote 99% of the lyrics from Ozzy’s best known works. The most poetic words that ever came from Ozzy’s mind are, “Sh Sh Sh Sharon, come ch ch ch ch change me diapers, I’ve sh sh sh shit myself!”
It's pretty easy to track the course of Ozzy's career through his lyricists. Sabbath? Geezer wrote most of them. The first five solo albums? Daisley wrote most of them. No More Tears is where outside writers starting coming into play, but that outside writer was Lemmy. It's with Ozzmosis that the writing credits on Ozzy's albums became a hodgepodge of outside writers and producers, and Ozzmosis is also the point where Ozzy really lost the "band" feeling and production took over.

I've got one to add: ElectricVoodoo's contributions to the music industry are all complete rubbish. Though, maybe that's a popular opinion and doesn't belong here.
This is both irrelevant and incoherent.

I'm not in the industry, so this point of yours has zero logic behind it.
This thread is for unpopular opinions, it should have a warning label for those with weak intellect.

Maybe next time ?

- Owning more than one Ken Lawrence Explorer makes you an automatic douche.
- Posting gear pics with mood lighting like they're meant for a home decor magazine makes you a "gear collector, not player" douche.
- If you are a youtube gear reviewer and have a "logo" for yourself coupled with a 30 second "opening credit montage", congratulations! You think you are a "brand" but all you've become is a grade A douche. Gee, tell us again what a Tube Screamer can do! Most of us learned that in kindergarten. Will it Chug? Yes, your subscriber sycophants are happy to chug your cock all day long. You may need to change your catch phrase to Will you Gulp?
- Posting in OT with more regularity than in all other sub forums combined makes you not a douche, perhaps not even a serious guitar player anymore but a full time internet troll. Condolences, you've failed at life.

The person who typed this and whomever reads this are douches as well.

THE GAME HAS SPOKEN!

guys selling amps claiming how amazing the amp is and they WILL own another but they need the cash.... but they will take trades for so and so other amps :ROFLMAO: guess you dont need the cash that bad there champ

This one!! Haha!! When guys say they have to sell because they need the cash to cover another expense. Ah, ok, but what? You will take a trade? I thought the amp was so epic that you will buy another when you have the cash? But, you have to sell to recoup, yet you will trade? Whoa.

When clearly, they think the amp is far from epic and just want to be done with the wretched thing!

Well, perhaps it’s a case of the, “fuck it’s,” like, I already owe this cash and I’m a little late paying it, but, if I could grab that Wizard and play it for a week or two, I might as well?

More alarmingly, a significant percentage are religious and deny Covid, either partly or outright. Talk about putting stock in the wrong invisible entity. It's hard to imagine (and they're experts in imagining things), that such a staggering level of incredulousness is even possible.

Truly shocking.

RICK BEATO IS A DOUCHECAKE
i think this one thread i started is extremely unpopular and really pissed off his dick riding fan bois here and on the net so much that guys are starting new accounts here at rig talk to troll me.
do i need this cunt telling me angie is his fave song ever?
or why that larry carlton solo in a steely dan song is so amazing?
maybe it was him dissecting more than a feeling that made me puke ?
we've been bludgeoned to death by the clear channel and viacom played out shitty classic fm rock programming for decades and here comes Mt know it all Academic dick beato shoving it down the world's throat again sideways but in nice ready to swallow spoonfuls.

i could give a fuck!
i'll stand by my account of him banning me for politely disputing the origins of the shuffle beat and how it went back a lot further than the mid 60s and that he really ignores African American contributions to rock funk soul and jazz, house, techno ,electro, hip hop, electronic music etc and has huge gaps in his knowledge of music in general.
to me he comes across as a know it all stuffed shirt cunt with a "correct" by the text book version of what is proper and acceptable in music.
fuck that
the rule is there is no rules and the rules are meant to be broken
maybe i was being extreme insinuating that he is racist but by omission it could be said he is
and yea fuck you if you don't like my opinion cause that's all it is ,an opinion

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/rant-rick-beato-is-a-douchecake.206710/

Last edited:
RICK BEATO IS A DOUCHECAKE
i think this one thread i started is extremely unpopular and really pissed off his dick riding fan bois here and on the net so much that guys are starting new accounts here at rig talk to troll me.
do i need this cunt telling me angie is his fave song ever?
or why that larry carlton solo in a steely dan song is so amazing?
maybe it was him dissecting more than a feeling that made me puke ?
we've been bludgeoned to death by the clear channel and viacom played out shitty classic fm rock programming for decades and here comes Mt know it all Academic dick beato shoving it down the world's throat again sideways but in nice ready to swallow spoonfuls.

i could give a fuck!
i'll stand by my account of him banning me for politely disputing the origins of the shuffle beat and how it went back a lot further than the mid 60s and that he really ignores African American contributions to rock funk soul and jazz, house, techno ,electro, hip hop, electronic music etc and has huge gaps in his knowledge of music in general.
to me he comes across as a know it all stuffed shirt cunt with a "correct" by the text book version of what is proper and acceptable in music.
fuck that
the rule is there is no rules and the rules are meant to be broken
maybe i was being extreme insinuating that he is racist but by omission it could be said he is
and yea fuck you if you don't like my opinion cause that's all it is ,an opinion

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/rant-rick-beato-is-a-douchecake.206710/

I agree with you that Rick Beato is a douche, but simply because he's completely unaware of underground music for the last 50 years, and it completely informs his perspective on music. Which DOES makes him a text book type.

Racism, OTOH, is a severely overplayed card, and I just simply can't listen to an argument involving it without laughing hysterically.

HOWEVER

its an unpopular opinion thread, and I can see how that WOULD be an unpopular opinion. Just an opinion.

Slash has the worst lead tone of all time. He wrote some rad licks though I'll give him that.

Back