Vintage TS9 and TS808 vs. Modern Variants

• Thread starter Thread starter glpg80
  • Start date Start date
Well, At least you are respectful and don't whine about playful comments. I respect you for that.

I also never went by youtube videos, I mean I post my own but what drives me to have interest in a pedal is what I read about it. Youtube demos can be misleading in various ways.
Meh, bunch of alphas in here who respond to shit talking with shit talking. Nothing wrong with some slurs being thrown around, all in good fun I say. Not the place for snowflakes lol.

Hey use your gear how you like, me doing it different doesn’t make anyone wrong. I just came back from Nashville and saw guys with teles a TS9 and practice amps sound massive. I like low/no gain ODs in front of breathing half stacks cause I’m a dinosaur .

I have been considering building a clone of the Dragon. Seems like a TS/Standout hybrid.

I just wish they didn't have all the extra switching stuff that makes them twice as complicated as they need to be.
That and the custom dual gang pots.

To be fair I find the 12db slope setting difficult to work with, 6db slope is all I use on both the standout and dragon. If I were to build a clone I’d use normal pots and omit the additional pole.

Sounds like an awesome boost for something like hair metal but how does it sound without a high gain amp in the back of it? Are there demos for how it interacts with a low gain or completely clean Fender type amp?

Sorry so many questions. The paint job is cool, reminds me of earlier 90's remote controlled gas cars paint scheme.
I use Fender Bassman and it is my favorite boost. I am hooking up my new recording setup this week, I'll make some strat stuff for ya

Back