What amps are currently in your stable?

• Thread starter Thread starter MadAsAHatter
  • Start date Start date
Sound City Master Lead 50 halfstack + Fryette Power Station 1 (my fave and most played)

Peavey VTM 60

Peavey 5150 2x12 combo

Starfield VPA-1 preamp

VVT Simo-Plex

Yamaha THR10X

I also have a homemade 6v6-powered Marshall 2061X clone a buddy of mine made me, but there's something wrong with it
Do you have clips of the Sound City / Fryette

1) Harry Joyce Custom 30 (and a backup Custom 30) head(s)
2) Fender Vibroking 20th Anniversary
3) Vox AC15 Heritage Head
4) Marshall Jubilee mini head
5) Bad Cat Cub2R
6) Marshall SV20 head
7) Fender Princeton with 12' speaker.
8) 1971 Ampeg V2 Head

Last edited:
IMG_9074.jpg

Man some of you have loaded stables. It would bother me a little to almost never be able to get around to playing everything if I had that many. I feel like my bases are pretty well covered with what I have right now, but the GAS demon still whispers into my ear now and then.

Amps:

JP2C
Marshall 2204
Fender DRRI
Peavey 5150

Cabwise:

Mojotone 1960 4x12 cab with G12C Greenbacks
Mesa Standard OS 4x12 slant
Aftershock Cabs OS Horizontal 212 with 80’s G12T75’s (I love this cab)
Peavey 212 of some kind with Heritage G12-65’s
EVH 212 with the anniversary G12H30’s

How do the GZ and skeleton key compare?
Honestly, I've made no effort to compare them and find them pretty different, but I use them for very different things...

I use my tele with the SK and go for a more vintage tone with a good amount of Plexi mids. Gain boost off on the lower channel (1 less gain stage). I wanted slightly more gain on my Plexi and a tight/boosted low end which the SK nails. Occasionally I'll do some EVH stuff though.

For the Hellion it's nothing but Drop C chugs and I use the "modern" setting which is probably the least Marshall-y of all the settings. Kinda killed my GAS for a Mesa Mark series, though I'd never consider it apples to apples.

I have pared down my collection quite a bit.

Rivera Knucklehead II
Bogner Uber Rev Blue
Mesa Roadster
Rhino Beast
Peavey Ultra Plus
Crate BV150
Randall Diavlo RD1H

and currently building a SLO clone.

Boogie Mark V 90W
Carvin V3
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Mk V is the preamp, Mk V & V3 are the power amps for the stereo dry channels & bottom 2x12. The 2x12 Line 6 amp has a true stereo FX loop and is the power amp for the stereo wet channels.
Mk V FX send is feeding all the power amps.
20240821_172452.jpg

Back