What's your favorite modded / hot rodded Marshall?

• Thread starter Thread starter RealAmpsAreDead
  • Start date Start date
Morris UK 78’ boosted with Griffin Super Drive

Whoa cowboy….you’re in the mod game?

Only if someone else wants what I can offer. Enmity is a ground up build from scratch. It’s not a copy of anything that’s existed prior. All of the added gain but without clipping diodes and without the loss of body/growl of a Marshall. Guarantee no one else has figured this out.

The amp in this clip is footswitchable 4/3 stage, footswitchable dual master volumes, dual bias, shared pre-gain or independent, resonance, and pre-master true footswitch bypass metro effects loop. Once again no clipping diodes - that’s all tube and not even cranked yet.

I plan to design a footswitchable 5/4 stage design next. I also plan on offering a new rack poweramp that’s stereo 150W all tube 12x 6550.

There’s a short unofficial waitlist. A few are just waiting on the green light.

Last edited:
I'm a boring fuck, but I still dig my Yeti
shrug.gif

Here´s my favorite, the Zé by Three monkeys/Blockhead main man Ossie Ahsen. As old school a circuit as the José stuff gets, I suppose... it´s really not that saturated by the standards of today and pretty lean in the low end compared to more modern interpretations.

c2MdJgPl.jpg

Only if someone else wants what I can offer. Enmity is a ground up build from scratch. It’s not a copy of anything that’s existed prior. All of the added gain but without clipping diodes and without the loss of body/growl of a Marshall. Guarantee no one else has figured this out.

The amp in this clip is footswitchable 4/3 stage, footswitchable dual master volumes, dual bias, shared pre-gain or independent, resonance, and pre-master true footswitch bypass metro effects loop. Once again no clipping diodes - that’s all tube and not even cranked yet.

I plan to design a footswitchable 5/4 stage design next. I also plan on offering a new rack poweramp that’s stereo 150W all tube 12x 6550.

I love the sound. I think if you make me a 150 watt version, we will be best friends

I love the sound. I think if you make me a 150 watt version, we will be best friends
Much appreciated! Ironically I ordered a custom PT to make this amp a true 150W with 4x 6550 lol

Stay tuned - send me a PM if you’re serious and I’ll be sure to reach out to you and others when I’m ready.

Much appreciated! Ironically I ordered a custom PT to make this amp a true 150W with 4x 6550 lol

Stay tuned - send me a PM if you’re serious and I’ll be sure to reach out to you and others when I’m ready.
Wanna take a stab at a 6 6550 Marshall ? The 2000 model (NOT a DSL). PM me if you’re game !

You’d need a new OT and PT. New PT because stock would sag too much due to the added plate, screen, and heater current demand and the OT because it would need to correct for the changed primary impedance.

I’m still setting up my lab from moving a few months ago but send me a PM and we can see if it can fit and plan it out :rock:
The amp was designed by Marshall that way ! 6 6550s, the transformers are unique to that amp. It has a Superlead channel and a master volume channel. It’s huge.

The amp was designed by Marshall that way ! 6 6550s, the transformers are unique to that amp. It has a Superlead channel and a master volume channel. It’s huge.
Oh I thought you were talking about the year not the Marshall model 2000! Yeah I was aware they made these but they’re rare and don’t come up for sale often.

Hell yeah that would be badass with an Enmity mod to it. Send me a PM and I’ll add you to the list once my lab is setup and the prototype is buttoned up :rock:

That sounds very good :)

I find my 79 2203 with the CAE Suhr/Golub(mine was done by Golub) crunch mod is THE amp. Takes everything I like about a stock 2203, and revoices everything I don’t like. The mid knob is twice as reactive as a stock Marshall, and Gain at 10 on my 77’ 2203 is about 3 on this one, so I still have plenty of room to go up into 80’s hard rock/hair tones. Plus, as the resident GD fan, it is the Dookie/American Idiot amp as well!
C627F05E-BE59-4511-A4C7-DF3184212B8A.jpeg

Back