Who is using preamps / rack these days?

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
Zachman":1qy4qq8d said:
why I rather have more and not need it, than to approach it from a less is more position.
Less is just LESS. ;)

beverly-hills-ninja-ps04.jpg

IntenseJim":q0pfz8uj said:
Zachman":q0pfz8uj said:
why I rather have more and not need it, than to approach it from a less is more position.
Less is just LESS. ;)

beverly-hills-ninja-ps04.jpg

cc28922f5a_zpscf14efa7.gif

Love the new haircut, and BRAVO on the wardrobe selection. :lol: :LOL:

You make a great point Zach. I think when I began looking for "what I wanted," I wasn't as clear as I am now, although I did have the same rig for big chunks of time here and there.
It is the whole, I sound like me, regardless. So, what combo of amps/effects give me what I want.

I want to have access to specific amps, with specific effects, interchangeably, etc.
I chose the Axe FX for effects instead of other items, simply because if I took it out, it could also stand alone. However, I have my 2290 as well, it offers those loops. I still admire your rig and the flexibility it offers you.

With some dedicated time this summer, I want to really nail down all the components and put it together. Thing is, I will probably need a "baby" rig as well. Similar to what Dave has been saying, small, easy to carry, etc. Not for the same reasons, my wife would NEVER carry my gear :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: , however the need for indoor and outdoor kinda thing is there. Not that the big rig is only outdoor.

Anyway, I appreciate these threads that consider possibilities and share what works for a variety of situations.
Thanks guys.

GtarLover":3vnr9red said:
You make a great point Zach. I think when I began looking for "what I wanted," I wasn't as clear as I am now, although I did have the same rig for big chunks of time here and there.
It is the whole, I sound like me, regardless. So, what combo of amps/effects give me what I want.

I want to have access to specific amps, with specific effects, interchangeably, etc.
I chose the Axe FX for effects instead of other items, simply because if I took it out, it could also stand alone. However, I have my 2290 as well, it offers those loops. I still admire your rig and the flexibility it offers you.

With some dedicated time this summer, I want to really nail down all the components and put it together. Thing is, I will probably need a "baby" rig as well. Similar to what Dave has been saying, small, easy to carry, etc. Not for the same reasons, my wife would NEVER carry my gear :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: , however the need for indoor and outdoor kinda thing is there. Not that the big rig is only outdoor.

Anyway, I appreciate these threads that consider possibilities and share what works for a variety of situations.
Thanks guys.

:cheers:

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree that the Huge rigs are NOT for ALL occasions, and I do appreciate and enjoy having options allowing for compact solutions, as well. I wish everyone could enjoy having access to those options too.

The wife may not want to carry gear... That's what kids are for: LOL This is Phoebe, my friend/tech's daughter. She LOVES helping out!!!

CarlosandPhoebeB3setup2.jpg

CarlosandPhoebeB3setup3.jpg

CarlosandPhoebeB3setup.jpg

Those pics are priceless...thanks for posting them.

I will probably map out a couple of different rigs and see how things fit together. Then I'll know if I need to let anything go or if maybe I need to acquire something new (insert evil grinch smile)

Love the little helper you got though...how totally sweet.

GtarLover":sfexj7mo said:
Those pics are priceless...thanks for posting them.

I will probably map out a couple of different rigs and see how things fit together. Then I'll know if I need to let anything go or if maybe I need to acquire something new (insert evil grinch smile)

Love the little helper you got though...how totally sweet.

She is a blessing and a half! :yes:

Shark Diver":z68pr4bl said:
I'll roadie as well - if you're putting me up in Hawaii :D

:D If you are thinking about a vacation here, let me know. I'm not gigging now, but that just means more time to have fun doing other stuff.

Zachman":1puhzolc said:
Shark Diver":1puhzolc said:
Zachman":1puhzolc said:
Shark Diver":1puhzolc said:

:D If you are thinking about a vacation here, let me know. I'm not gigging now, but that just means more time to have fun doing other stuff.

Not until I heal and can enjoy it,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133922

:cry:

OMG... Prayers sent, for a speedy recovery

Thank you. 4 months into a year recovery. Life is full of fun and surprises :D But I'll be ok.

Shark...

I think maybe you and I oughta give ol' Zach a call, no?

You know, just a friendly "check in", that's all :student:

Ventura":3b4k99kr said:
Shark...

I think maybe you and I oughta give ol' Zach a call, no?

You know, just a friendly "check in", that's all :student:

We should just fly out there. Waves and his musical gear - what could be better :)

Shark Diver":209ulgae said:
Zachman":209ulgae said:
Zachman":209ulgae said:

Not until I heal and can enjoy it,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133922

:cry:

OMG... Prayers sent, for a speedy recovery

Thank you. 4 months into a year recovery. Life is full of fun and surprises :D But I'll be ok.

Guess I've been out of the loop. :lol: :LOL:

Sorry to see you had to go through that. Glad you're recovering :rock:

Running a Randall RM4 4 channel MTS preamp through a Peavey Classic 50/50 with 4 Jaded Faith Custom MTS Modules, and in the end into a straight Randall cab loaded with V30's
-Matt Page-
The pics show 2 different loadouts of the RM4 and older picture with some old modules and a newer picture with some newer modules. The picture on the bottom is my current 4 channels of great tube goodness!

Attachments

• mtsrig.jpg
    mtsrig.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 3,481
  • RM4_LOADED.jpg
    RM4_LOADED.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 3,478
Zachman, what band do you play for? That's an insane amount of gear!

geetarmikey":1j3axw37 said:
Zachman, what band do you play for? That's an insane amount of gear!

I am not now currently in a gigging project, but have used this stuff for years in various bands, and studio recording projects.

The last band was a Journey tribute project that is now no longer. It was a fun, challenging and lucrative project, but nowadays I own and run a guitar store here in Hawaii. I teach, and will gig here and there, but using different/various gear depending on the gig.

I have a 12 year old student that is in a gigging band, and they ask me to come and perform with them every now and again, so I support them.

Back