You guys remember that Bogner XTC that I posted?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":f5531 said:
>|<>QBB<

I predict that you won't like it better than the 5150 or Blackmore.

Probably not, but oh well, I just wanted to finally play a Bogner head. You only live once! 8)

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":1f615 said:
>|<>QBB<

Probably not, but oh well, I just wanted to finally play a Bogner head. You only live once! 8)

There's nothing wrong with that. It's a kickin' amp, I just don't think it's going to be your style.

Bob Savage":c4bcd said:
There's nothing wrong with that. It's a kickin' amp, I just don't think it's going to be your style.

I remember the XTC Classic - Uberschall comparison clips you used to post in HCAF back in the day, I enjoyed listening to those :D

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":94fa4 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, maybe not. Never know though, people told me I would really like the VHT when I bought it...and that didn't work out as expected. :neutral:

Haha, I'd love to have a Uber. I'd say its definatly more your style.

>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":76afc said:
Haha, I'd love to have a Uber. I'd say its definatly more your style.

I actually think I would like the XTC better, but we will see. I'm sure they're both great amps, Bogner makes awesome stuff.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":83958 said:
>|<>QBB<

I think I'll like it, I bet the lead tones are amazing!

I don't think you'll hate it, and despite what some folks say, I find the amp kinda hard to play. Harder than my SL + boost... go fiigure.
Yes the lead tones are pretty smokin'... but so are they rhythm tones. Again, I don't think it's Modern Metal amp though.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":b84da said:
>|<>QBB<

I actually think I would like the XTC better, but we will see. I'm sure they're both great amps, Bogner makes awesome stuff.
Why do you say that? Seems to me that the Uber is the Mega High-Gain Modern Metal Monster, and the XTC is the 80's kinda deal.

>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":7ff2c said:
>|<>QBB<
Why do you say that? Seems to me that the Uber is the Mega High-Gain Modern Metal Monster, and the XTC is the 80's kinda deal.

I don't like amps that seem real overpowering and too modern. I like a more natural, open sounding tone, just seems like the XTC will have a great high gain crunch tone with a boost and really nice lead tones. I usually hate amps with a ton of bass too, I've heard people say the Blackmore doesn't have enough bass...and I run mine on about 9 o'clock.

crackhead.jpg

:lol:

Hope you like it, Mark.

You gonna take Bobs offer?

Mark IV is AWESOME, and a Vigier to boot!!!!! :o

Hmm....

HAHA! :lol:

He didn't offer the Vigier, I just edited that part in myself. :P :D

Mark you need to man the fuck up and start playing Plexi's!!! :bump:

Megadeth7684":3268b said:
>

I don't like amps that seem real overpowering and too modern. I like a more natural, open sounding tone, just seems like the XTC will have a great high gain crunch tone with a boost and really nice lead tones. I usually hate amps with a ton of bass too, I've heard people say the Blackmore doesn't have enough bass...and I run mine on about 9 o'clock.

From the comments above you probably would not like the Uberschall at all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back