You guys remember that Bogner XTC that I posted?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
5150 is open and natural :?

I would think PLexi boosted, JCM 800, around those lines......pretty much most high gainers are not very natural sounding due to the many gain stages.

RVS's boosted Peters amp.....now that is natural :o

Of course "open" and "natural" are relative. However, to call a 5150 or the Blackmore those things hardly makes sense unless a person's perspective is completely skewed and/or he's ignorant of most of the guitar amps available.

Yes Mark, you can turn the gain down on a 5150 to make it sound "more natural and open" but it's still less natural and open than many high gain amps even in those settings. Add a boost pedal, as you almost always do, and how do you think that affects the sound? Does that magically make it more open and natural, or what's expected (the opposite).

>|<>QBB<
JamesPeters":06d0f said:
Of course "open" and "natural" are relative. However, to call a 5150 or the Blackmore those things hardly makes sense unless a person's perspective is completely skewed and/or he's ignorant of most of the guitar amps available.

Yes Mark, you can turn the gain down on a 5150 to make it sound "more natural and open" but it's still less natural and open than many high gain amps even in those settings. Add a boost pedal, as you almost always do, and how do you think that affects the sound? Does that make it magically somehow more open and natural, or what's expected (the opposite).

Dude, you don't even own an amp. You're hilarious. :hys:

>|<>QBB<
JamesPeters":a7dbb said:
Add a boost pedal, as you almost always do, and how do you think that affects the sound? Does that magically make it more open and natural, or what's expected (the opposite).

Yeah, that's the killer. You tell us "Dial the gain back on the 5150," which I still don't think does it, while you're off running it higher and boosting it. :retard:

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":27cbe said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, that's the killer. You tell us "Dial the gain back on the 5150," which I still don't think does it, while you're off running it higher and boosting it. :retard:

I don't have a 5150 anymore. I ran the gain on about 2.5-3 with a boost. I liked the tone, that's all that mattered. Starting useless arguments like this is pointless. Give it up dude, go troll HC some more.

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":5ac4b said:
>|<>QBB<

You have quite a talent for turning things into an argument and then changing the subject.

I had no intention of starting any argument, and I didn't.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":25e0e said:
James does not own an amp :?

Of course I do. Mark is lying, as usual. I've even demoed this amp and made clips with it. I'm making a second one for myself soon too, although that is waiting because my priority is to make amps for my customers, something Mark will never understand (cracked guitar neck, anyone?)

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":83711 said:
>|<>QBB<

I had no intention of starting any argument, and I didn't.

That's ok. I'll end it.

In the meantime if you have something to prove that I'm wrong, go ahead, instead of just re-directing the argument. For that matter, show us one clip you made of the 5150 that sounds open and natural.

*Raises hand*

I don't think Vai's lead tone with the XTCs sounded very open or especially natural, but i'm sure the XTC can do those sorts of tones way better than a 5150?

Meh, but who am I to say, I like compressed lead tones.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":378d1 said:
>|<>QBB<

Did you hear the guy on HC do VH clips with his Peacemaker, something else and his 5150 (combo I believe?) He had that 5150 sounding almost exactly like EVH's old Plexi in the studio. Do you consider EVH's old plexi tones open an natural or not really?

VHoholic was the guy who made clips of his 5150 combo but didnt use the combo speakers and ran it straight into a Marshall 4x12 with greenbacks. I remember it sounded fuckin awesome and very close to EVH's early sound!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back