You guys remember that Bogner XTC that I posted?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Cameron and (finding) Langners....I'm sold on Custom stuff....

I dig Mesa,VHT, Bogner, etc.... but a Custom Mod, or rare custom piece, if it's right, man it's right.

My Butcher, since I got the "mod" from Mark and did it, sounds AWESOME!!!!

I cant wait to get the Langner here.

And I'm also adding the 3TM mod to my MP-1.

Then I have something "special" in the works for my rack poweramp. ;)

>|<>QBB<
Juggernaut":bb5f4 said:
:lol:

I didnt even see that.

Well, Bob? hook the boy up!!!!

MKIV and G-Major, that's my final offer. Mega needs to hook me up! I'm the one who sent an autographed fanny pack. :x

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":8f60e said:
>|<>QBB<

MKIV and G-Major, that's my final offer. Mega needs to hook me up! I'm the one who sent an autographed fanny pack. :x

That's true. I wear it everyday. :prayer:

>|<>QBB<
JamesPeters":b9746 said:
>|<>QBB<

Since when, exactly?

I'm a bit jaded, but I find nothing about the 5150's tone to be "natural and open sounding". Heck, even the Blackmore sounds processed (and I really dig the tone on the Blackmore).

But, as I said, I'm jaded :D

>|<>QBB<
Variable":4316e said:
>|<>QBB<

I'm a bit jaded, but I find nothing about the 5150's tone to be "natural and open sounding". Heck, even the Blackmore sounds processed (and I really dig the tone on the Blackmore).

I find most higher gain amps to not sound natural and open, let alone using a boost pedal with a modern high gain amp.

Not to rip on you too much or anything Mark, just that I hope you didn't make a mistake buying this amp. Even if you can flip it for the same money, you might get the wrong idea about the Uberschall because of this, if this amp isn't what you hoped it'd be.

>|<>QBB<
JamesPeters":285d6 said:
>|<>QBB<

Not to rip on you too much or anything Mark, just that I hope you didn't make a mistake buying this amp. Even if you can flip it for the same money, you might get the wrong idea about the Uberschall because of this, if this amp isn't what you hoped it'd be.

+1

I find that all of Bogner's amp lines have a very distinct voice compared to the others. The Uberschall is entirely its own animal and sounds nothing like the XTC or the Shiva.

That said, ALL of Bogner's amps should have the Shiva clean channel!

>|<>QBB<
Variable":ff45c said:
>|<>QBB<

I don't think that's jaded, just being realistic.

I highly doubt you'll dig the XTC Mark. I could go on as to why I don't think you will but I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I'm right.

Tyler

People have different opinions of tone. I don't think either the 5150 or Blackmore are overpowering or unnatural sounding at all.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":44526 said:
People have different opinions of tone. I don't think either the 5150 or Blackmore are overpowering or unnatural sounding at all.

They are not open and realistic compared to many other amps which have more classic voicings (high gain or not). I may be wrong about the Blackmore but every clip I've heard of it provides strong evidence it isn't classic voiced at all (even when people post clips of it "doing classic overdrive"), and I know the 5150 isn't classic voiced. Amps like that tend to color the sound of the guitar dramatically, which is the antithesis of "natural sounding". This is why people buy these amps, not because they want to hear the sound of their guitar clearly but because they want the sound distorted strongly. Any less natural sounding, and it's in solid state territory.

>|<>QBB<
JamesPeters":09555 said:
>|<>QBB<

They are not open and realistic compared to many other amps which have more classic voicings (high gain or not). I may be wrong about the Blackmore but every clip I've heard of it provides strong evidence it isn't classic voiced at all (even when people post clips of it "doing classic overdrive"), and I know the 5150 isn't classic voiced. Amps like that tend to color the sound of the guitar dramatically, which is the antithesis of "natural sounding". This is why people buy these amps, not because they want to hear the sound of their guitar clearly but because they want the sound distorted strongly. Any less natural sounding, and it's in solid state territory.

You've told me this before, and I still don't care what your opinion is. Sorry James.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":7a521 said:
>|<>QBB<

You've told me this before, and I still don't care what your opinion is. Sorry James.

well, i've got to give it to you. most people don't stick to their guns after so many others prove them wrong

Mark, I'm right and you're wrong, the end. Admit it and maybe you'll learn something for a change.

Oh, and learn to pick so that you don't need to boost your amps.

:D

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":0e741 said:

How about the "open" part? I'm just curious what the hell is compressed if it's not a 5150.

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":94996 said:
>|<>QBB<

How about the "open" part? I'm just curious what the hell is compressed if it's not a 5150.

Engl Powerball is the definition of compressed. Dial the gain back on the 5150 and it isn't compressed sounding at all IMO.

Meh, just because there's a few more compressed amps out there doesn't mean it isn't compressed.

I played a 6505+ today, the one everyone says doesn't have as much gain, with the gain on 4. Still sounded like a modern metal amp.

I also played some Crate Palaminos, a VHT Pitbull 45, and a Vox AC30CC. Drastic difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back