you know.....Ace Frehley actually invented tapping

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
311splawndude
311splawndude
Just sayin' :dunno:

He said back when he was playing Madison Square Garden, before VH broke, he saw Edward in the pit studying everything he was doing. Here is proof I think because Ace can do it with his pick instead of his finger. Sounds much better and his guitar is tuned perfectly. :lol:

40 seconds of your life.

Holy sh!t batman! I'm not a very good guitar player myself so I try not to criticize others but even I can play that outro Eruption run better than that :dunno:

At around 1:40 he asks Ace where he picked it up from or what influenced him and Ace said something to the effect of "I really don't know I just kind of came up with it".

And yeah, there are recorded examples of tapping going back to blues dudes in the '20s. @VonBonfire probably knows. :yes:

If I had to guess, there were classical guitarist and maybe even guitarists going back 100s or 1000s of years that have actually done that very thing - just no recording devices. It is actually quite intuitive if you ask me :dunno:

And yeah, there are recorded examples of tapping going back to blues dudes in the '20s. @VonBonfire probably knows.
Some dude probably finger tapped on his lute around 800 AD but I can't think of any 20's blues guys utilizing that technique. The blues guitar wizard of the 1920's is Tampa Red, who is now forgotten, but was quite a slide guitar player in his time and whose home was the center of the Chicago blues scene, or so I have read. But....they don't just give anyone a gold plated National Tricone so the story carries some weight. No fingertapping there but thanks for the vote of confidence brother!!!

At around 1:40 he asks Ace where he picked it up from or what influenced him and Ace said something to the effect of "I really don't know I just kind of came up with it".

And yeah, there are recorded examples of tapping going back to blues dudes in the '20s. @VonBonfire probably knows. :yes:

If I had to guess, there were classical guitarist and maybe even guitarists going back 100s or 1000s of years that have actually done that very thing - just no recording devices. It is actually quite intuitive if you ask me :dunno:
Ace wouldn't have been aware of those players at the time. Or of his immediate surroundings.

I'd like to know when the earliest example of Ed tapping was recorded. I don't recall any tapping on the Gene Simmons demo, but it's been awhile since I've heard it. When did it first appear on a bootleg?

I'd like to know when the earliest example of Ed tapping was recorded. I don't recall any tapping on the Gene Simmons demo, but it's been awhile since I've heard it. When did it first appear on a bootleg?
It first appeared on bootlegs in 1977

Holy sh!t batman! I'm not a very good guitar player myself so I try not to criticize others but even I can play that outro Eruption run better than that :dunno:

LOL , he’s actually playing the outro from his Alive ll solo

Why is he waiting until 50 years later and EVHs ashes are spread across the Pacific before coming forward on such a grand scale?

Why is he waiting until 50 years later and EVHs ashes are spread across the Pacific before coming forward on such a grand scale?
No humility, but I mean..it's KISS. Isn't being tacky the whole gimmick?

Back