you know.....Ace Frehley actually invented tapping

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
Tapping is a lot like wah pedals.. it’s just never really cool

hammett media account — happy bday to kirk hammett! one of my favorite...

Why is he waiting until 50 years later and EVHs ashes are spread across the Pacific before coming forward on such a grand scale?
Because EVH isn’t here to tell him to fuck off which is precisely what would/should happen. Ace is a fucking drunken drugged up fumble finger. Pitiful. And I actually like Ace from back in the day. I can’t stand him now.

Because EVH isn’t here to tell him to fuck off which is precisely what would/should happen. Ace is a fucking drunken drugged up fumble finger. Pitiful. And I actually like Ace from back in the day. I can’t stand him now.

Ace Frehley GIF - Ace frehley - Discover & Share GIFs

Just sayin' :dunno:

He said back when he was playing Madison Square Garden, before VH broke, he saw Edward in the pit studying everything he was doing. Here is proof I think because Ace can do it with his pick instead of his finger. Sounds much better and his guitar is tuned perfectly. :LOL:

40 seconds of your life.

Holy sh!t batman! I'm not a very good guitar player myself so I try not to criticize others but even I can play that outro Eruption run better than that :dunno:

Was that the first time Ace held a guitar?

That Ace video alone is enough to say that guy SUCKS

being a young kiss fan was way more about the cool rock star image stuff they did in concert—simmons spitting fire, blood, and the tongue, than the quality of the gtr playing/music/studio recordings.

being a young kiss fan was way more about the cool rock star image stuff they did in concert—simmons spitting fire, blood, and the tongue, than the quality of the gtr playing/music/studio recordings.
Half of my aspirations were fueled by Gene and Lemme til I saw EVH - and the world stopped turning and EVERYTHING changed.
IMG_4232.jpeg

same :yes:

Well, there are more than a few recordings of a drunken EVH sounding like dogshit too so let's not be too judgmental. And let's view the apex of Ace's skill through the proper lens. Let's say sometime around 1973-1975. It's a fair bet a young EVH was actually inspired to some degree by Ace Frehley, just like millions of other kids. The fact is that Ace was tapping before Ed, but neither invented it, clearly. And both of them have a history of self aggrandizing. Ed liked to tell everyone how everyone else copied him. Even Randy, who pretty clearly, didn't.

My first rock concert ever was Kiss with John Cougar opening ( boo'ed off the stage by the way) at the old Checkerdome in STL, October 2 1979. The last great Kiss tour. And the first 7 or 8 Kiss albums still kick ass if you ask me. I also got a chance to hang out a little bit with Ace sometime in the late 80s or early 90s when he was doing a gig at a club in Westport called The Big Kahuna. He was a genuinely cool guy. Bought me a beer and gave me some swag.

Well, there are more than a few recordings of a drunken EVH sounding like dogshit too so let's not be too judgmental. And let's view the apex of Ace's skill through the proper lens. Let's say sometime around 1973-1975. It's a fair bet a young EVH was actually inspired to some degree by Ace Frehley, just like millions of other kids. The fact is that Ace was tapping before Ed, but neither invented it, clearly. And both of them have a history of self aggrandizing. Ed liked to tell everyone how everyone else copied him. Even Randy, who pretty clearly, didn't.

My first rock concert ever was Kiss with John Cougar opening ( boo'ed off the stage by the way) at the old Checkerdome in STL, October 2 1979. The last great Kiss tour. And the first 7 or 8 Kiss albums still kick ass if you ask me. I also got a chance to hang out a little bit with Ace sometime in the late 80s or early 90s when he was doing a gig at a club in Westport called The Big Kahuna. He was a genuinely cool guy. Bought me a beer and gave me some swag.
Like June 8 thru June 23 1974.

Back