Your all time favorite axe?

• Thread starter Thread starter SteveGlitch
  • Start date Start date
Ibanez RGT3020FMDS: My main guitar for several years. Looks amazing, sounds amazing and plays amazing.
Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster: Bought this in ´21 or so and I just love the neck and the feel of the scalloped fretboard. I also like the SD YJM sig pickups a lot.

Funny you say that., I've been an ESP fan since the late 80's. I was debating on selling several 90's Vintage plus (2 start, one Floyd) recently, and after playing them this weekend, I'm not sure if they are going anywhere.

To the OP - my fave for tone is my 77 LP - favorite for playability is one of my GMW's.
Have you looked at new ESP pricing lately? Unless you are dying or just generally ready to offload I would say those are worth keeping for the time being.
Ironically, in the ESP vs LTD thread, I said that I almost traded in/sold my EC1000 at my local guitar shop. After taking it out the case and playing it for a couple minutes I decided that would be wrong, it looks and plays beautifully and even unplugged has a resonance about it. So it's at the shop getting some new pickups installed and I think I'll use it alot more after I get her back!

I think it's gonna have to be this one. I can find my own sound with it easier than anything else.

pSAeZeV.jpeg

My guitar Zed holds a special place. I had just had a literal miraculous recovery from a crazy medical thing. My wife helped lead me in the design and it was my first ever partscaster. Every detail she helped me with. If I could only take one guitar ever, it would be that one. I have others that play better and stuff overall but something about Zed is just...unique. Something I can't explain. Not the best pic of it but here it is.

As a kid who lusted after Ibanez Custom shops day in and day out, it still makes me laugh that a strat is my main guitar. I have had and still have Jems and stuff but something about this guitar resonates with me like no other.
IMG_20240819_112439814~2.jpg
IMG_20240819_112842231.jpg

That is pretty sick! Pretty unique cut going on there :eek:
I believe the story goes, that George made a guitar, in his garage, like this, and ESP asked if they could make a duplicate model to bring to market.
George said “yes”, under the conditions that it was a small run, and it would be affordable.
I recall it being ~330 units, and about $800 when they were released. Mine is #146.

I believe the story goes, that George made a guitar, in his garage, like this, and ESP asked if they could make a duplicate model to bring to market.
George said “yes”, under the conditions that it was a small run, and it would be affordable.
I recall it being ~330 units, and about $800 when they were released. Mine is #146.

Chris and I put a Screamin' Demon it it and it sounds much better than the stock Duncan Distortion.

Currently my mahogany Marchione Super Strat that I got cheap since it has its share of dings/wear. I’ll find some pics later. It’s not as much of a looker, but I only judge guitars based on sound

My 1957 Les Paul Jr is my best vintage guitar I’ve had and no slouch either, but still gonna sell it. I have also a 1964 Guild Thunderbird that imo sounds and plays just as well and can also rival any other vintage Gibson’s I’ve tried including real ‘59 LP’s (at least of what I’ve tried). Vintage Guild’s are way underrated

My favorite was an Ibanez Axstar I got for my thirteenth birthday. It was the second electric I owned as a kid. My mom worked a block away from Rockin' Robin so I'd spend a lot of time after school there until she got off work and when those came out, really fell in love with them. Mine was just like the one in the photo below except it was in Ferrari red. I loved that guitar but a few years down the road in high school I sold it and kick myself to this day.

Rj5VoUw4-KCqOKzbNuvTpVJmO55bqiHjDcsqr3V48rwHoIl_FieZiKJ0lBM-ZBC_EQevwD5GijaW-5-Ds90OXVyKXq_e7Q3ixwMnwu-DKJku8wXu
Used to own a white version of this Axstar

That’s a tough one. My SG standard has been with me through thick and thin, but getting a Strandberg Prog 7 has completely killed any gas for new guitars. I haven’t thought of getting a new guitar in over a year, which is unheard of for me

Last edited:

Back