Bogner Gallery: Post up your Bogner rig pictures here...

fucduperinchit":l1ghcxrh said:
LiquidSky":l1ghcxrh said:
I noticed that there's a certain model missing so far... the CAVEMAN! Here you go:

bogner_caveman_2.jpg
Nice! You have one of two prototype Caveman amps there. Very cool. :thumbsup:

What's-up with the light bulb? :confused:

You might actually confuse that with the "Mojo" prototypes. AFAIK they did not have the SCHIZO switches and there are indeed only 2 in existence (I think those were combos).

The Caveman (again, this is what I read somewhere) is also extremely rare but there are approx. 25 of them out there. This one here is the only one with 230V, I had it modified to that.

From what I know (...read on HRI) the light bulb absorbs the initial power surge per turning the amp on before sending power to the tubes, then it fades out of the circuit, thus extending tube life.

The chassis says "Mojo" on the back but - its really a Caveman. I guess that Bogner had some chassis made for the Mojo but when that one didn't make it to production in the end, the leftovers were used to make some of the Cavemans. If somebody has more detailed information on this amp I am looking forward to your message. It's hard to find any info at all on these...

Yep, very different from the TJ. Nastier and not as aggressive, but can still get pretty brootal. I will post a detailed comparison later.

I love the way the Rev2 compresses when pushed. As you get up around 10:00 on the master, as you go higher the tones just thicken up in an awesome way.

leib10":p260h7o1 said:
Yep, this amp has saturation unlike any other, even the TJ.
Tubes: I know you like to swap them,.......................

I'm running these:

V1 Tung-Sol RI
V2 Chinese 9th
V3 Chinese 9th
V4 JJ ECC803
V5 Chinese 9th balanced
V6 Chinese 9th balanced

V7-10 JJ E34L

Works for me.

I tried all kinds of combination of pre amp tubes. I found the Tung Sol RI and the JJ ECC803 really opened up the clean channel, gave it a richer tone. I even swapped them with each other, but nothing touched how they sounded in this order. The gain channel sounded best with the Chinese tubes to me. For the loop and phase inverter the Chinese tubes are fine. I just went with balanced, although not needed, because they didn't cost that much more. The stock ARS tubes are relabeled JJ EL34 tubes. I went with the JJ E34L tubes for the extended bottom end they offer. This set-up works great for me.

I'm definitely going to put the E34L's in there when I get the chance. The regular JJ EL34's have too much bass. It's boomy.

Oooh! I woke up this morning and find another one.

Attachments

• P2060001.JPG
    P2060001.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10,893
Heres the latest with the twin cabs and the 2X12. need to take a better quality close up. Hoping to add the xtc to my rig very soon.
IMG_3005-1.jpg

Don't have my Bogner amps but still love my Bogner cabs! :rock:

430376_10150683468329533_747654532_9192131_530027087_n.jpg

The older OS 212 on the left has a pair of Scumback M75 100w speakers in it and the newer OS 212 on the right has the stock V30s in it! :D

Back