NAD: KSR Juno

7 Stringer":olt3q5hy said:
JerEvil":olt3q5hy said:
7 Stringer":olt3q5hy said:
I am just at a point where i want to get down two a couple amps, no more 8-9 heads at the same time and flipping amps every week.
^^^
This is exactly where I'm at at this point :thumbsup: Down to 4 amps and may even take it down to 2 maybe 3. I say that and then next week I'll buy another one :LOL: :LOL:

No seriously though.....

I've got a BFG Modded Egnater Seminar, Splawn Pro Stock, Friedman BE50 and Butterslax. ...I don't need all these amps. I usually have two heads, one as a backup for all gigs just in case. I'm not ready to go the modeling route, but if I were, I'd get an Atomic Amplifire 6 or 12 and go straight to the PA.

I favor single channel heads that can do it all. I never play super clean anyway. ...Truth be told, my BFG and Splawn are amazing compared to the Friedmans when you consider the price differences.

The Juno sounds like a meaner, tighter Marshall-flavor, which I'm wondering how it compares to the Friedmans. I'm in the process of making a decision on where to thin the heard... I have already decides to let go of the Butterslax, up for sale this week in the Classifieds.

I played Splawns for 10 years and owned a BE-100 for awhile, too. I now have the Juno and would take it over both. It does what I always wanted those to do plus has more versatility and can go more modern if needed.

Phil M":1oiq1jkl said:
I played Splawns for 10 years and owned a BE-100 for awhile, too. I now have the Juno and would take it over both. It does what I always wanted those to do plus has more versatility and can go more modern if needed.

Awesome. Can you expand on this? What do you like about the Juno over the other amps??

I think a few folks would be curious to know where the Juno excels over the other popular amps.

Phil M":1snrimb0 said:

Now I'm REALLY curious to try one :doh:

Junk Yard Dog":cn1qmoor said:
Phil M":cn1qmoor said:

Awesome. Can you expand on this? What do you like about the Juno over the other amps??

I think a few folks would be curious to know where the Juno excels over the other popular amps.

Oh yes on that man, i wanna know too.

I looove the BE, but what if........ :doh:

Ok, can the Juno cover what the BE does? That nice Marshally chewie under the fingers 80s modded tone? And then some? I can hear it does, but i can't FEEL that it does. The BE is so nice feeling when you play it.

How are the cleans? I really like the BE cleans, i like a very clean clean channel.

I want to try and get down to two amps, currently have four.

Peters Triple
VHT UL
BE 100
5150 II

Gonna be a tuff one........ I like them all......

7 Stringer":9n5onel2 said:
Ok, can the Juno cover what the BE does? That nice Marshally chewie under the fingers 80s modded tone? And then some? I can hear it does, but i can't FEEL that it does. The BE is so nice feeling when you play it.

How are the cleans? I really like the BE cleans, i like a very clean clean channel.

Peters Triple
VHT UL
BE 100
5150 II

The Juno is not a slow under the fingers. I never liked that. It's not as immediate as a Wizard but faster then a Friedman. The clean on the Juno is a very clean channel as well. Can get a little gritty too.

Damn you guys are killing me.

Ive forced myself down to 1 amp and a combo.

All this talk of the Chewy BE and a super fast tight Juno is giving me cramps. If you can swing having 10 amps, get them all!!!!!

How would you compare it to the vh4 you use to own.? Would have to sell mine to get the Juno. Love my diezel especially channel 3 but sometimes wish it was a bit my flexible. If you know what I mean??

peterc52":yjbctjfz said:
7 Stringer":yjbctjfz said:

Peters Triple
VHT UL
BE 100
5150 II

The Juno is not a slow under the fingers. I never liked that. It's not as immediate as a Wizard but faster then a Friedman. The clean on the Juno is a very clean channel as well. Can get a little gritty too.

With the feel knob, can it get a bit of a softer feel?

I guess if id come down to 2 amps, the BE and UL would cover a lot of ground.

Probably will keep the 5150 II also, for as little money as they bring, it aint worth not having one. Plus, they sound bad ass!!!!!

The Peters is also magnificent, very versatlie and gets plenty heavy also.

Gonna be a tuff one.....

7 Stringer":3u01hsgy said:
peterc52":3u01hsgy said:
7 Stringer":3u01hsgy said:

Peters Triple
VHT UL
BE 100
5150 II

With the feel knob, can it get a bit of a softer feel?

I guess if id come down to 2 amps, the BE and UL would cover a lot of ground.

Probably will keep the 5150 II also, for as little money as they bring, it aint worth not having one. Plus, they sound bad ass!!!!!

The Peters is also magnificent, very versatlie and gets plenty heavy also.

Gonna be a tuff one.....

It sure does. And especially make it tighter. But the feels of the Friedman is way slower. well, my JJ was.

Hey. Sorry to post this here but can’t pm you. Could you pm me if possible? Would be greatly appreciated have a couple of questions for you. Have a chance to get one of the last Juno’s from the 2nd run. Cheers

Of course, it's completely up to you, but since I'm curious about the Juno, too; if your questions are about the amp, I'd be curious in the answers. Just trying to learn as much as possible. :)

Intronaut":2khrjp38 said:
Hey. Sorry to post this here but can’t pm you. Could you pm me if possible? Would be greatly appreciated have a couple of questions for you. Have a chance to get one of the last Juno’s from the 2nd run. Cheers

Sure

Here is an explanation of the feel knob. Kyle wrote this on facebook.

Feel 1 is the tightest with normal voicing, 2 is tight with a voicing midrange shift, 3 is fat with normal voicing, 4 fat with voicing shift, 5 is tight in the attack but thicker chunk in the low end, 6 is fat and thick for maximum chunky goodness. All 6 settings work on all 3 modes.

Intronaut":ytq7jx60 said:
How would you compare it to the vh4 you use to own.? Would have to sell mine to get the Juno. Love my diezel especially channel 3 but sometimes wish it was a bit my flexible. If you know what I mean??

The VH4 channel 3 is awesome. Still is. I've had 3 VH4's and might get another at some point. But this is less dry. Reminds me more of a modded marshall but can get very modern. Made a clip of a metal sound. Let me see if I can upload it.

Back