NAD: KSR Juno

Got mine a while ago. I need to make a clip and post about how awesome this amp is! :rock:

A3py9J5l.jpg

Gsxrbusa":2bu6mm5c said:
Got mine a while ago. I need to make a clip and post about how awesome this amp is! :rock:

A3py9J5l.jpg

Looking forward to your clips which are always great.

I'm interested how you compare it to the Gemini?

orion848":15fneyv8 said:
Gsxrbusa":15fneyv8 said:

A3py9J5l.jpg

+1 on this.

Also, what happened with your Peters amps? How does the Juno compare to them?

I am very interested in one.

orion848":2stk4x8x said:
Gsxrbusa":2stk4x8x said:

7 Stringer":2stk4x8x said:
orion848":2stk4x8x said:
Gsxrbusa":2stk4x8x said:

+1 on this.

Thanks bros! I appreciate that a bunch!

The Juno is more on the Hot rod Marshall side of things. Very tight and focused but still has a modern flare to it if you choose to dial it in that way. Kyle is a freakin genius. He hit another homerun with this one. The tonal options are endless with the Juno. The Gemini is straight up modern metal tone to my ears. It's still my all time favorite amp but this Juno is a very close second.

I sold all but a Peters power amp. I am interested in trying James's newest metal creation though. Just have yet to pull the trigger.

Question for all the Juno owners: What can you control with the supplied footswitch? Can you switch between all 3 channels with the footswitch?

abbath78":16iieiky said:
Question for all the Juno owners: What can you control with the supplied footswitch? Can you switch between all 3 channels with the footswitch?

Yeah. 1 button does the clean/dirty switching and the other switches between the dirty channels.

Candiria":1m3b7pec said:
abbath78":1m3b7pec said:

Yeah. 1 button does the clean/dirty switching and the other switches between the dirty channels.

Thanks for the info! I ordered one on Monday and when I was looking at the KSR website today it said:

"Foot Switch- Custom 2 button with Channel 1/2 and Master 1/2 select"

One of the big draws of the Juno for me was having seperate rhythm/lead dirty channels and the ability to footswitch between them. So I was a little worried when I saw that on the website lol

Gsxrbusa":77ytq5m8 said:
orion848":77ytq5m8 said:

7 Stringer":77ytq5m8 said:
orion848":77ytq5m8 said:

+1 on this.

The Juno is more on the Hot rod Marshall side of things. Very tight and focused but still has a modern flare to it if you choose to dial it in that way. Kyle is a freakin genius. He hit another homerun with this one. The tonal options are endless with the Juno. The Gemini is straight up modern metal tone to my ears. It's still my all time favorite amp but this Juno is a very close second.

I sold all but a Peters power amp. I am interested in trying James's newest metal creation though. Just have yet to pull the trigger.

Hmmm, Peters seemed like your favorite amps for a while? I too sold a couple but kept my Halo-vega-fsm. Still really enjoying it. But his latest metal création also intrigues me.

Was thinking maybe the Juno could replace my BE100 and Peters, might cover both grounds.

The Juno seems to cover the 80's Marshall thing and the modern 5150ish grind thing too, per Killertones demo.

Very tempted to try one........

Thanks for answering our questions man :thumbsup:

7 Stringer":1c9c2a8n said:
Gsxrbusa":1c9c2a8n said:
orion848":1c9c2a8n said:

7 Stringer":1c9c2a8n said:
orion848":1c9c2a8n said:

+1 on this.

Hmmm, Peters seemed like your favorite amps for a while? I too sold a couple but kept my Halo-vega-fsm. Still really enjoying it. But his latest metal création also intrigues me.

Was thinking maybe the Juno could replace my BE100 and Peters, might cover both grounds.

The Juno seems to cover the 80's Marshall thing and the modern 5150ish grind thing too, per Killertones demo.

Very tempted to try one........

Thanks for answering our questions man :thumbsup:

The Bodyhammer sounds awesome and haunts my dreams too :yes: I had about an hour 1/2 phone conversation with James not too long ago, and it sounds like a killer amp!

Someone asked above about the footswitch. I had asked Kyle about it after I got mine. It turns out it’s working as designed, I just don’t like the design. I know Internet forums are averse to complaints during a love fest (and I still live the amp, just not the way the fs works). Here’s why: when you’re on clean, there’s no indication of what you’ll get when you change back to the lead channels. Will you get 2 or 3? This can matter if you set 2 to a light crunch and 3 to nuclear assault. I think there should be lights or the fs should’ve had 3 buttons. Every other 2.5 or 3 channel amp I’ve owned has had an easy way to see this and also switch to any of the 3 sounds at any time. This is not a big deal for many I’m sure, but could amount to a PITA for others in a live setting.

That said, the tones do rule. I played Splawn for 10 years and owned a BE-100 for awhile too. I think the Juno takes the best of those. The 6 position feel and 3 voices on the lead channels make the amp really versatile.

Also, some above mentioned Peters. I took a 2011 GNL/Halo in on a trade about 6 months ago on a whim. I figured it would be obsolete when the Juno arrived. The Peters is a SOLID f’ing amp. It surprises me every time I plug in, and it more than holds its own for the things it was designed to do!

Phil M":rjzs6r70 said:
Someone asked above about the footswitch. I had asked Kyle about it after I got mine. It turns out it’s working as designed, I just don’t like the design. I know Internet forums are averse to complaints during a love fest (and I still live the amp, just not the way the fs works). Here’s why: when you’re on clean, there’s no indication of what you’ll get when you change back to the lead channels. Will you get 2 or 3? This can matter if you set 2 to a light crunch and 3 to nuclear assault. I think there should be lights or the fs should’ve had 3 buttons. Every other 2.5 or 3 channel amp I’ve owned has had an easy way to see this and also switch to any of the 3 sounds at any time. This is not a big deal for many I’m sure, but could amount to a PITA for others in a live setting.

That said, the tones do rule. I played Splawn for 10 years and owned a BE-100 for awhile too. I think the Juno takes the best of those. The 6 position feel and 3 voices on the lead channels make the amp really versatile.

Also, some above mentioned Peters. I took a 2011 GNL/Halo in on a trade about 6 months ago on a whim. I figured it would be obsolete when the Juno arrived. The Peters is a SOLID f’ing amp. It surprises me every time I plug in, and it more than holds its own for the things it was designed to do!

Yeah I would definitely consider that a design flaw. I guess you could turn around and look at your amp if you have the lit front panel to see what channel you're on. But that might be a little distracting :LOL: :LOL:

Hmmm. I can tell on the footswitch what channel I'm on, on gain side. The lights are either off or on, on the right side. Even when I'm on the clean channel.

peterc52":3tacewxo said:
Hmmm. I can tell on the footswitch what channel I'm on, on gain side. The lights are either off or on, on the right side. Even when I'm on the clean channel.

Maybe Kyle added the lights later on. I'm hoping that my footswitch will have them when my Juno arrives!

abbath78":3cwxoijh said:
peterc52":3cwxoijh said:

Maybe Kyle added the lights later on. I'm hoping that my footswitch will have them when my Juno arrives!

I'm sure you will. Mine was one of the first 5

When I switch to clean, all lights for dirty side go off on both the amp AND footswitch. When you’re on the clean channel, there’s no way to tell what you’ll get when you switch back. And when I’m on clean, I can also blindly toggle the dirty channels via the right footswitch - but you can’t see what you just did, so you better memorize correctly if you want to know if you’ll get either 2 or 3 when you switch back to dirty.

Again, this doesn’t take away from the awesomeness of the tones but I’ve never seen another 2.5 or 3 channel amp that was like this. I could always tell (bogner, caa, VHT, Splawn, Rivera, etc.).

Mine is from the first batch too. I don’t think it’s broken because when I asked Kyle about it, he said that was normal.

I’m not sure if peterc52’s amp behaves differently than mine or if maybe I didn’t explain the situation well enough.

Phil M":68eaf6a1 said:
Mine is from the first batch too. I don’t think it’s broken because when I asked Kyle about it, he said that was normal.

I’m not sure if peterc52’s amp behaves differently than mine or if maybe I didn’t explain the situation well enough.

Sounds like something needs to be fixed, maybe in the footswitch?

Back