NAD: KSR Juno

Phil M":3l5mx21p said:
When I switch to clean, all lights for dirty side go off on both the amp AND footswitch. When you’re on the clean channel, there’s no way to tell what you’ll get when you switch back. And when I’m on clean, I can also blindly toggle the dirty channels via the right footswitch - but you can’t see what you just did, so you better memorize correctly if you want to know if you’ll get either 2 or 3 when you switch back to dirty.

Again, this doesn’t take away from the awesomeness of the tones but I’ve never seen another 2.5 or 3 channel amp that was like this. I could always tell (bogner, caa, VHT, Splawn, Rivera, etc.).

Let me check again. Be back in 5

Alright. You're right. I thought wrong. It does indeed go away. Never bothered me but can see why it would bother some.

Isn't there a easy fix for this????

Thanks, peter. IMO, it’s not a good footswitch design for an amp with multiple channels and is unlike any other that I can think of. You don’t want to have to do guess work onstage.

I’m going to call Kyle. I believe his email referred to a possible fix but I didn’t get the details. Let me see if I can find it.

Phil M":11b3wdif said:
Thanks, peter. IMO, it’s not a good footswitch design for an amp with multiple channels and is unlike any other that I can think of. You don’t want to have to do guess work onstage.

I’m going to call Kyle. I believe his email referred to a possible fix but I didn’t get the details. Let me see if I can find it.

Please share them. The Friedman JJ I had was the same.

Friedman BE's, JJ's, and Slax footswitch has CLEAN and BOOST. When you're on CLEAN, the light is red. When you're on BE/Channel 2, the CLEAN and BOOST light is OFF. When you're on J/HBE, the BOOST light is red/ON.

Are you saying this is how the Juno footswitch is as well?

Junk Yard Dog":2gi77lz0 said:
Friedman BE's, JJ's, and Slax footswitch has CLEAN and BOOST. When you're on CLEAN, the light is red. When you're on BE/Channel 2, the CLEAN and BOOST light is OFF. When you're on J/HBE, the BOOST light is red/ON.

Are you saying this is how the Juno footswitch is as well?

Yup

I just ordered a Helix HX to switch channels with and use effects. That would cure your problem. :)

peterc52":1vlglppl said:
Phil M":1vlglppl said:

Please share them. The Friedman JJ I had was the same.

Will do. It appears it will be a simple modification to the footswitch. Probably de-solder one wire and re-solder it on a different terminal. I believe I’ll get these instructions next week.

Back