NAD: KSR Juno

Wow that sounds so good. Tried to reply but goes to admin for some reason. So will just post here!. Thanks for you’re response appreciate your time. . Yea channel 3 of the vh4 is awesome. But sometimes I wish it was less dry and compressed. So would you say the Juno is more vintage flavoured or can be dialled in that way? And a bit more open and articulate? Will cost $4000 to get to New Zealand and then -$800 import tax.( waaa nz sucks). Just trying to get as much info as I can before I take the plunge. Cheers

Intronaut":lpcp8qpe said:
Wow that sounds so good. Tried to reply but goes to admin for some reason. So will just post here!. Thanks for you’re response appreciate your time. . Yea channel 3 of the vh4 is awesome. But sometimes I wish it was less dry and compressed. So would you say the Juno is more vintage flavoured or can be dialled in that way? And a bit more open and articulate? Will cost $4000 to get to New Zealand and then -$800 import tax.( waaa nz sucks). Just trying to get as much info as I can before I take the plunge. Cheers

It is less dry and less compressed. Not as vintage oriented as a Friedman, tighter but still. Bringing one to Denmark wasn't cheap as well. But well worth it.

peterc52":qgpfuskp said:
Intronaut":qgpfuskp said:

It is less dry and less compressed. Not as vintage oriented as a Friedman, tighter but still. Bringing one to Denmark wasn't cheap as well. But well worth it.
Yeah that’s a fair way to say it. Juno is a faster and inherently more aggressive amp which for me translates as more “modern”. The BE is much more rooted in hot rodded Marshall. Can’t go wrong with either imho.

peterc52":318uo5il said:
Intronaut":318uo5il said:

Cool. Thanks . Man you have had some amazing amps if you still had all of them and your house was on fire and could only grab 2. Which would they be.? Haha

JerEvil":1iwryfd0 said:
peterc52":1iwryfd0 said:
Intronaut":1iwryfd0 said:

Yeah that’s a fair way to say it. Juno is a faster and inherently more aggressive amp which for me translates as more “modern”. The BE is much more rooted in hot rodded Marshall. Can’t go wrong with either imho.

Yea can definitely hear the Juno as being way more modern sounding. Just wondering if it can be dialed in to cover and touch on those less modern 80s tones etc: Was considering a BE-50 deluxe. As well :doh: :doh: :confused: Ahhhh decesions decesions.

Between the Feel knob and the ‘Clip’ mode, Juno can def do the ‘80s modded thing.

I prefer it’s attack over the squishy Friedman feel (and I am a big Friedman fan; I just prefer the tone, features, and versatility of my Juno).

Well just ordered me a 50 watt from Kyle this week. So pumped for this amp. :rock:
Thanks to all who answered my questions

Now the wait :cry: :cry:

How long will the wait be?

Intronaut":1kbn8adm said:
Well just ordered me a 50 watt from Kyle this week. So pumped for this amp. :rock:
Thanks to all who answered my questions

Now the wait :cry: :cry:

Congrats, Intronaut. You’re gonna love it.

I have been around the block a few times so I dont wanna gush too much, but I freaking love the Juno more than any other of this type of amp. Gimme the Juno and either a Dual Rec or an Uber and I’m done.

Phil M":w1iiu1ue said:
Congrats, Intronaut. You’re gonna love it.

I have been around the block a few times so I dont wanna gush too much, but I freaking love the Juno more than any other of this type of amp. Gimme the Juno and either a Dual Rec or an Uber and I’m done.

Yea thanks man. It’s cause of people like yourself jerevil and peterc52 that I can confidently purchase the Juno. This is a massive investment for me living in NZ will prolly come close to $6000 by time I pay import tax.etc. But I know It’s going to be the business. Kyle is the man and has been amazing to deal with. Still can’t believe I’m going to own one ;) . I watch and rewatch any krs Juno content every night. (Lame I know) :LOL: :LOL: but I just can’t wait to get my hands on it.

And it sounds really good at low volumes as well. I love that some times when I just sit and practice at home.

Ugh... GAS. Sounds like it will do the tighter thing more than the BE50.

But can it do raw, in your face hard rock?

Does the compression vary with the feel knob?

Mine came in a few days ago and this amp is just amazing. It has such a beautiful clean channel and go to ch2 or 3 and its a fire breather.

Back