Soldano Going Out of Business

candletears7":3dqxzcwm said:
What's this 'real' story?

Not too hard to deduct the information - these comments don't really contrast each other if you read into them.

steve_k":3dqxzcwm said:
The last sets of DeYoung transformers are coming in. Once they are gone, they are gone.

As it stands, Mike will take the SLO to the grave.

See how it plays out with the rest of the line.

King Guitar":3dqxzcwm said:
I know the real story. Don't worry about it, Soldano amps will still be available for the foreseeable future.

journeyman73":2vyvvzj1 said:
Luca79":2vyvvzj1 said:
Very confused :LOL: :LOL:

Soldano is not only SLO

Fair point.

I have no dog in this race. Do not have an SLO and had no intentions on buying one but we have all seen these types of things happen. IF someone were to buy up Soldano and continue to make their amps I really hope they have their act together and also hope they do not change a thing. Usually these acquisitions do not end up working out so well.

I know the REAL REAL story, not these fake 2nd hand guess stories. I know a guy who's cousins best friend mowed Mike Soldano's grass a few times, and let me assure you NONE of the people in this thread have the REAL REAL story. Being a "who's who" insider on all the breaking amp news, you can rest assured I will release this highly classified information as soon as Mike Soldano himself comes out with a statement. But not before.

journeyman73":3qv1pceb said:
Luca79":3qv1pceb said:

Soldano is not only SLO
SLOs will not be produced anymore. But the rights to his other designs are being sold. Since DeYoung won't be making the Transformers, there goes a huge part of the 3D tone. Hence no more SLOs.

If I'm reading all the hints here.
:cry:

King Guitar":3nr2i8ax said:
Kelly":3nr2i8ax said:
engage757":3nr2i8ax said:
Nevermind. Brad has it. :D
Just like he has Cameron Amps... :doh:

For the record, I dont "have it". I just know whats going on and what the future is for the Soldano brand and its not going away. When the people involved decide its time to pull back the curtain they will. That is all.

Nah didn't mean it like that. Just saying that you know. I also know, but it isn't my place to say.

Racerxrated":e7sjtr5q said:
journeyman73":e7sjtr5q said:
Luca79":e7sjtr5q said:

Soldano is not only SLO
SLOs will not be produced anymore. But the rights to his other designs are being sold. Since DeYoung won't be making the Transformers, there goes a huge part of the 3D tone. Hence no more SLOs.

I think someone else can make good transformers. If have the exact project and specs is not a big deal... could even being better.

glpg80":2568hodo said:
King Guitar":2568hodo said:
Kelly":2568hodo said:
engage757":2568hodo said:
Nevermind. Brad has it. :D
Just like he has Cameron Amps... :doh:

For the record, I dont "have it". I just know whats going on and what the future is for the Soldano brand and its not going away. When the people involved decide its time to pull back the curtain they will. That is all.

Is there any incentive to invest in an SLO now or will it not matter? That's really the question I've got.

Same here. I literally just typed up some FS ads for some of my gear. :LOL: :LOL: :doh:

Sounds like the BAD rumor may possibly be true after all? I don't know..I can see Mike wanting to take the design/name with him so it's left with integrity but on the other hand, if it continued under BAD or some other quality manufacturer it wouldn't be the worst thing. Keep a great thing going. As long as the circuit isn't changed for the worse (and you know it will be eventually) Crazy how the old stuff almost always sounds better.

Getting mixed signals from Blues City Music owner on the forums. He recently stated on TGP that all was well and business as usual but now he's stating quite the opposite. I get not releasing info too soon or whatever but the OP was a complete 180 from what I had recently read. Maybe I misunderstood his other post.

Luca79":1of0j5m3 said:
Racerxrated":1of0j5m3 said:
journeyman73":1of0j5m3 said:
Luca79":1of0j5m3 said:

Soldano is not only SLO

I think someone else can make good transformers. If have the exact project and specs is not a big deal... could even being better.
Sure they can. And, they do. The problem/question is will any SLO build have that same tone without the exact DeYoung Transformers? Who knows.. The clones people build don't quite get there.

Racerxrated":dgdfvssm said:
Luca79":dgdfvssm said:
Racerxrated":dgdfvssm said:
journeyman73":dgdfvssm said:
Luca79":dgdfvssm said:

Soldano is not only SLO

Sure they can. And, they do. The problem/question is will any SLO build have that same tone without the exact DeYoung Transformers? Who knows.. The clones people build don't quite get there.

Its also not just a question of can it be done ‘technically’.

Its also can it be done ‘legally’.

Mike may decide to not include the SLO in whatever deal may be getting worked on, making the transformer question moot.

020514_3667.gif

They will probably do a SLO II that will address the issues with the original model... might even be better, who knows

Mike had stated in an interview he wanted to do an SLO II with dual tonestacks and the loop in the correct spot. Also, Bud of Onetics, had a hand in designing the DeYoungs transformers when he worked for them.

Racerxrated":1gh5jbvf said:
Luca79":1gh5jbvf said:
Racerxrated":1gh5jbvf said:
journeyman73":1gh5jbvf said:
Luca79":1gh5jbvf said:

Soldano is not only SLO

We designed an OT that got 99% there to the DeYoung. MCI part number 40-18072.

russoloco":31hs7r1q said:
Mike had stated in an interview he wanted to do an SLO II with dual tonestacks and the loop in the correct spot. Also, Bud of Onetics, had a hand in designing the DeYoungs transformers when he worked for them.

exactly.. its not like deyoung buys their stuff from a unicorn in the sky... its all about impedance ratios, there is no magic spell

Back