The True Atomica

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmaniac93

Awesome and congrats!!! It really sucks that the Atomica is not really the amp Mark set out to design and it is basically a glorified Friedman!!! It could of been a much better amp than it currently is, but that said it is a damn good amp!!! I will be selling mine once I get my Dan Gower modded JCM 800 (KK++) sometime this mid to late summer.

a5150guy":10i0jn74 said:
If I keep it Steve, Mark still has that same exact stencil and I am going to spray paint that exact thing on the front of the amp lol. I might just do it anyway! I think he even has the same spray paint can!!! A few more beers the other night and I just might have done it hehe... He is putting together a Sovtek Midget 50 turned into an Atomica that we are painting hehe... Think Atomica in a 25 lb carry on!!!

The Mini-Me Atomica!

Glad you got the production one sorted out.

I think Steve owns the exclusive rights to the use and or production or distribution of the official unofficial real Atomica stencil.

He does not own rights and or exclusivity to the the official unofficial true Atomica stencil or its likeness.

Also I belive the semi gloss white spray can paint is a more desirable option amongst collectors. Compared to the guys that went cheap when they ordered theirs and chose flat instead of the semigloss since it was a hefty upcharge.

Also I think I have a Home Depot receipt proving me the owner of said items.

I will be seeing you all in court gentlemen. :thumbsdown:

...Strangely, it does look better like that though. :confused:

Bring on some clips!

Did he hook you up with switching to make it a two channeler as well?

Did he bend you over his bench and pump you a few times while whispering sweet amp mods into your ear?

True story I spent a lot of time checking local stores picking the font and size of those stencils with Mark. :LOL: :LOL:

I think they should be refered to as:

True Atomica Relic

True Atomica

Relic is just a LG repro of the original Atomica, like a original muscle car.

True Atomica is everything HG and LG aweomeness that Mark could think of and put in, kind of like a Ferrari

EXPcustom said:
True story I spent a lot of time checking local stores picking the font and size of those stencils with Mark. :LOL: :LOL:

I think you could choose your thief friends more wisely....

tgun76":37w5tje8 said:
EXPcustom":37w5tje8 said:

Does he owe you amp or something?

EXPcustom":ztzzsujg said:
tgun76":ztzzsujg said:
EXPcustom":ztzzsujg said:

Status tgun76 Flirtomatic
Interested in
Films, Books, Arts, Family, Pets, Smoking, Cooking, Sport, Travel, EatingOut, BarsAndPubs, Xrated, Music
Description
Im about my money.i must be in hell cause the ***es on this site are evil. Where are the good women at? If ur married why the *** are u on here. If ur a lesbian go munch on a carpet. All i have is dick and money and weed.

glip22":2hwbg5pr said:
EXPcustom":2hwbg5pr said:
tgun76":2hwbg5pr said:
EXPcustom":2hwbg5pr said:

Status tgun76 Flirtomatic
Interested in
Films, Books, Arts, Family, Pets, Smoking, Cooking, Sport, Travel, EatingOut, BarsAndPubs, Xrated, Music
Description
Im about my money.i must be in hell cause the ***es on this site are evil. Where are the good women at? If ur married why the *** are u on here. If ur a lesbian go munch on a carpet. All i have is dick and money and weed.

WTF? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Correct Steve, Macedonia, Europe.
I've tried to answer your post in the classifieds, and I was not allowed as a new member to do that.
I've tried to send you message, and again I was not allowed as a new member to do that.
Now, I have your message in PM's, and voila, same situation again, I am not allowed as a new member to answer private message...
Someone at Gear Page was selling LG Jose and he pointed me that I can find Cameron here.
Please send me mail, it is not polite from me to bore all members with this.

Best regards,
Darko
darko@mimimuzika.com.mk

PS: part of the amps that I have:
www.oldamplifiers.com

I just read this and I am bit puzzled
I bought this very same atomica amp ser# 008 brand new from Brad king I bought it in june 2012 which is before the date you bought it and when it arrived with me in the uk it was faulty straight out of the box so I contacted Brad and he put me in touch with Dave friedman and after short but useless discussion with him I sent the amp back 48 hours after receiving it.
I didnt ask if I could send it back no ifs no buts I just sent it straight back and about two weeks after Brad got it back he refunded me which was 19th july 2012 I checked the refund date in my paypal account
So...what is going on how come it was sold onto you with a faulty output transformer when it had already been returned to brad from me with a known fault ?????
and then you say brad wouldnt sort it out ,seriously WTF

a5150guy":4zawedtb said:
This is the closest thing to the real Atomica I believe there is. This is the ONLY Brad/Rob Atomica Mark has ever seen let alone played. It will be the ONLY Brad/Rob Atomica he ever works on. There was quite a bit of things that needed to be reworked to get it to what he envisioned the Atomica should be. I purchased this amp from Brad 08/2012. It is SN 008. It came to me with a bad OT. I had asked him for a replacement but received zero response. I asked Mark for help and he was interested in actually seeing the amp that bears his name. Mark spent hours digging through this amp fixing and replacing things that were to his liking. This is definitely not a one trick pony now. George built a great amp but you can't just give people a recipe and expect an award winning meal. Build quality was very good of course, but things were not the way he wanted. Schematics only get you so far. Just when I thought it was perfect he would solder in another part and make it even better!! He never settles when it comes to tone and feel.

Completely reworked input section. TWO gain knobs that work in conjunction to shape BOTH tone and gain. Original gain sets the tone with the bright/gain caps. Second gain adds the balls and mojo. They work perfect together and add infinite tonal possibilities. Yes you can actually turn up the gain so the bright caps actually work correctly now. The diode clipping now has 12 stages instead of 3. Way more flexibility. OT replaced with his spec'd Mercury Magnetics OT gives great string resolution. Three way power switch now.... middle off, up normal, down lowers the plate voltage approx 100 volts similar to a variac. Very cool to crank the master up more and get that coveted power stage gain. There's more Mark mojo in there as well. And yes he signed it. I will try to get clips as soon as I can. Iphone clips don't do it justice :) Mark is a good friend and I WILL NOT be entertaining any drama. I know it all and I'm not interested. There's three sides to every story and I'm not going there, so please limit things to this specific amp. He put his heart and soul in this amp and it's amazing! I might consider selling it if the right offer is there. Just putting this out there for discussion. It won't be cheap as Brad dinged me full price for a pre-owned amp.

Better get to poppin.

Popcorn%20Grain%20crop%20021.jpg

custom62":61thb6zf said:
I just read this and I am bit puzzled
I bought this very same atomica amp ser# 008 brand new from Brad king I bought it in june 2012 which is before the date you bought it and when it arrived with me in the uk it was faulty straight out of the box so I contacted Brad and he put me in touch with Dave friedman and after short but useless discussion with him I sent the amp back 48 hours after receiving it.
I didnt ask if I could send it back no ifs no buts I just sent it straight back and about two weeks after Brad got it back he refunded me which was 17th july 2012 I checked the refund date in my paypal account
So...what is going on how come it was sold onto you with a faulty output transformer when it had already been returned to brad from me with a known fault ?????
and then you say brad wouldnt sort it out ,seriously WTF

a5150guy":61thb6zf said:
This is the closest thing to the real Atomica I believe there is. This is the ONLY Brad/Rob Atomica Mark has ever seen let alone played. It will be the ONLY Brad/Rob Atomica he ever works on. There was quite a bit of things that needed to be reworked to get it to what he envisioned the Atomica should be. I purchased this amp from Brad 08/2012. It is SN 008. It came to me with a bad OT. I had asked him for a replacement but received zero response. I asked Mark for help and he was interested in actually seeing the amp that bears his name. Mark spent hours digging through this amp fixing and replacing things that were to his liking. This is definitely not a one trick pony now. George built a great amp but you can't just give people a recipe and expect an award winning meal. Build quality was very good of course, but things were not the way he wanted. Schematics only get you so far. Just when I thought it was perfect he would solder in another part and make it even better!! He never settles when it comes to tone and feel.

Completely reworked input section. TWO gain knobs that work in conjunction to shape BOTH tone and gain. Original gain sets the tone with the bright/gain caps. Second gain adds the balls and mojo. They work perfect together and add infinite tonal possibilities. Yes you can actually turn up the gain so the bright caps actually work correctly now. The diode clipping now has 12 stages instead of 3. Way more flexibility. OT replaced with his spec'd Mercury Magnetics OT gives great string resolution. Three way power switch now.... middle off, up normal, down lowers the plate voltage approx 100 volts similar to a variac. Very cool to crank the master up more and get that coveted power stage gain. There's more Mark mojo in there as well. And yes he signed it. I will try to get clips as soon as I can. Iphone clips don't do it justice :) Mark is a good friend and I WILL NOT be entertaining any drama. I know it all and I'm not interested. There's three sides to every story and I'm not going there, so please limit things to this specific amp. He put his heart and soul in this amp and it's amazing! I might consider selling it if the right offer is there. Just putting this out there for discussion. It won't be cheap as Brad dinged me full price for a pre-owned amp.

Wow!!! That is just plain messed up!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back