The True Atomica

Status
Not open for further replies.
'custom62' received his refund on June 19, 2012, per his own admission. You were invoiced for the amp on July 17, 2012, per the King Guitar invoice you have attached in this thread. A month does in fact seem like sufficient time to have the amp checked by Dave, does it not?

:confused:

No that is incorrect your reading the dates wrong..
a5150guy paid 07/19/2012 and I got my refund 07/19/2012
reread the invoice from brad it is 07/19/2012
I had to wait a couple of weeks to get my refund and when I received the refund it was the very same day that brad resold it
I suppose its just coinidence that I was kept waiting for my refund for an amp that was quite obviously fucked and yet when I did get the refund it was on the very same day the amp got resold
who knows, if the amp hadnt been resold that day I might of got my refund on another later date maybe ....
and if dave friedman checked the amp then why was it resold with the exact same problem that I sent it back to for ?
I never even heard of a5150guy the second owner until I read this thread yesterday and we are not in collusion I dont even know him ...

custom62":2qlwo5gk said:
I realised this morning I made slight mistake when I read my paypal account refund date last night probably cos it was late and I was tired.
The refund date from paypal from Brad King Cameron amplifiers LLC for the faulty atomica ser #008 is actually dated 19th of june 2012
so the SAME day that you bought the atomica amp #008 from brad King was the day that I got the refund thats a bit naughty to say the least.
It would seem that the brad king /tone merchants dave friedman gang deliberately fucked you over big time on the purchase of this atomica #008
very shady indeed......

I'm getting the date of the refund from YOUR post. Look above. That's a month prior to a5150 buying the amp.

custom62":21hhbq90 said:
I never even heard of a5150guy the second owner until I read this thread yesterday and we are not in collusion I dont even know him ...

a5150guy":21hhbq90 said:
Now for the most part I could give a shit either way, I am like most people on this board. I just want a fucking kick ass piece of history that Mark builds. Fuck the politics... sell me an amp. Ultimately that's what I got. Took a while but the end result was worth it. I am not here to "champion" Mark or bash Brad/Rob. I am just here to keep it real. I tried to avoid the drama until custom62 pm'd me and then posted about #008. That did piss me off. We did the math and looking at the records it appeared Brad shipped me his returned #008 literally within hours. I attached my invoice as proof AFTER custom62 told me his timeline on the amp. That doesn't mean Brad isn't telling the truth. I KNOW me and custom62 are as we compared timelines that are documented. Was the amp checked? Can't say for sure. The facts are it was sent to TWO people defective. That's not up for dispute. If this amp was ever checked and they couldn't tell the transformer was bad, FIRE THEM. I am not an expert and I just assumed it was a high gain noisy amp. Once it was pointed out to me the buzz was blatantly obvious. You make the call.

So you guys just started talking to each other yesterday?

3s53l6.jpg

i'm outta here...

rlord1974":34tcsrav said:
custom62":34tcsrav said:
I realised this morning I made slight mistake when I read my paypal account refund date last night probably cos it was late and I was tired.
The refund date from paypal from Brad King Cameron amplifiers LLC for the faulty atomica ser #008 is actually dated 19th of june 2012
so the SAME day that you bought the atomica amp #008 from brad King was the day that I got the refund thats a bit naughty to say the least.
It would seem that the brad king /tone merchants dave friedman gang deliberately fucked you over big time on the purchase of this atomica #008
very shady indeed......

I'm getting the date of the refund from YOUR post. Look above. That's a month prior to a5150 buying the amp.

Hi sorry yes thats confusing .. you are correct my post does in fact state june but.. I just double checked my paypal and the refund was in fact made 19th july 2013 same day as it was resold

a5150guy":1dexcsue said:
custom62":1dexcsue said:
rlord1974":1dexcsue said:
custom62":1dexcsue said:
very shady indeed......

Hi sorry yes thats confusing .. you are correct my post does in fact state june but.. I just double checked my paypal and the refund was in fact made 19th july 2013 same day as it was resold

LOL It would appear my money went straight to you!! Problem solved I guess... right?? For you anyway...

yes I would think so and Im sorry about that
apart from yourself a5150guy I dont really give a flying fuck what anybody else thinks about this situation

all I know is the atomica amp sold to me was fucked straight out of the box and I sent it back
and thats the last I heard or thought about it until yesterday when I read your thread and then realised you had bought the exact same amp ser #008 with the exact same fault and I got my refund on the exact same day that you paid for the amp I sent back

why was an amp that was returned with an obvious fault then resold without the fault being sorted out and why was the refund sent to me done the same day that you bought the faulty amp

if there is a reason as to how and why this happened then it has certainly not been offered as plausible explanation
brad stating that dave friedman checked the amp out before it being resold does not amount to jack fucking shit when the amp was actually resold with the same fault still present.
that just tells me that either friedman didnt actually check the amp or if he did then he needs to wake the fuck up
I would hope by now I have made it clear how I feel about this whole situation I think it stinks to high heaven

Just curious and not stirring the drama pot - but being that amp was originally sold to a UK buyer, was it wired for 220V or 110V input? It didn't happen to get plugged into the wrong voltage did it?

Just checked all emails on May 5 and I got nothing. I certainly would of remembered it and got Dave involved. Not saying you didn't send them but I didn't get them as I am johnny on the spot in replying as others can attest. I never got a call from you or anything. How am I supposed to fix your problem if I dont know about it? Also as far as reselling the amp. The amp was brand new unused, it went back to Friedman for a transformer swap and went back out. We do not scrap new amps that are returned (this is the only one). If for some reason the power transformer was bad again it probably had some other problem but I never had a chance to help because the first I ever heard about your issue was in this thread. We certainly would of warranted it for you and fixed it.

ps: I have emailed Dave for his recollection on this amp as well and hope he can chime in.

Brad

a5150guy":1ynzf1s7 said:
This is the closest thing to the real Atomica I believe there is. This is the ONLY Brad/Rob Atomica Mark has ever seen let alone played. It will be the ONLY Brad/Rob Atomica he ever works on. There was quite a bit of things that needed to be reworked to get it to what he envisioned the Atomica should be. I purchased this amp from Brad 08/2012. It is SN 008. It came to me with a bad OT. I had asked him for a replacement but received zero response. I asked Mark for help and he was interested in actually seeing the amp that bears his name. Mark spent hours digging through this amp fixing and replacing things that were to his liking. This is definitely not a one trick pony now. George built a great amp but you can't just give people a recipe and expect an award winning meal. Build quality was very good of course, but things were not the way he wanted. Schematics only get you so far. Just when I thought it was perfect he would solder in another part and make it even better!! He never settles when it comes to tone and feel.

Completely reworked input section. TWO gain knobs that work in conjunction to shape BOTH tone and gain. Original gain sets the tone with the bright/gain caps. Second gain adds the balls and mojo. They work perfect together and add infinite tonal possibilities. Yes you can actually turn up the gain so the bright caps actually work correctly now. The diode clipping now has 12 stages instead of 3. Way more flexibility. OT replaced with his spec'd Mercury Magnetics OT gives great string resolution. Three way power switch now.... middle off, up normal, down lowers the plate voltage approx 100 volts similar to a variac. Very cool to crank the master up more and get that coveted power stage gain. There's more Mark mojo in there as well. And yes he signed it. I will try to get clips as soon as I can. Iphone clips don't do it justice :) Mark is a good friend and I WILL NOT be entertaining any drama. I know it all and I'm not interested. There's three sides to every story and I'm not going there, so please limit things to this specific amp. He put his heart and soul in this amp and it's amazing! I might consider selling it if the right offer is there. Just putting this out there for discussion. It won't be cheap as Brad dinged me full price for a pre-owned amp.

A. Bullshit. If someone is willing to pay and wait, he'll do it again.

B. If Mark was your "good friend", you wouldn't have ever purchased one of these.

C. LOL :D

King Guitar":3c0rj729 said:
The amp was brand new unused, it went back to Friedman for a transformer swap and went back out. We do not scrap new amps that are returned (this is the only one).

Well, it was used though. It went out to one customer, was opened and used (if only for a few minutes, doesn't matter) and was returned to the retailer. This is why most reputable retailers mark things as "open box" and offer a discount. On top of this, the amp was defective and repaired. Usually things like this are marked as being refurbished.

Maybe the laws on this vary from state to state. Pretty sure Circuit City lose a court case related to this in the early 00's.

Regardless, unless I'm missing something, you sold an amp that was returned to a customer who thought he was getting a new product. Shady. He should have been made aware the product was a returned item (repaired even, which makes this worse IMHO) and offered a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back