The True Atomica

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't calling a faulty component (ie output transformer) a "faulty atomica amp"
stretching the truth a bit ?

if you buy a new Ford and the alternator takes a shits a week later - did
Ford sell you faulty car or a car with a faulty alternator ??

I've had bad auto parts and electronic parts (stamped "tested by ..." !!) straight
out of the box

shit happens ~ thats why life is a 4 letter word :D

turtlefingers":13lurwcl said:
a5150guy":13lurwcl said:
Contrary to popular belief he is NOT motivated by money.

I don't know, but he was very motivated when he got my US$2.700 and give me a fuck!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You paid Mark Cameron $2,700 to let him fuck you?

Sorry my juvenile mind could not resist :LOL: :LOL: :hys:

Wouldn't it be great if Mark Cameron got a username and came here to set the story straight?!!!

Wow, it does seems the op has a valid point. I would be a little pissed also. I don't think brad would sell an un repaired amp on purpose but that's why other builders sell these as factory refurbs, b-stock, used, open box, etc. I thought it was a bit wierd that these didn't come with either mercury or metro/hoeyboer trannies from the gate. Whoever was supposed to inspect and then re inspect this on its first return from uk before being re sold should be put in the penalty box and have to pay for the repairs out of their own pocket.

joepete77":1554wwgn said:
Wow, it does seems the op has a valid point. I would be a little pissed also. I don't think brad would sell an un repaired amp on purpose but that's why other builders sell these as factory refurbs, b-stock, used, open box, etc. I thought it was a bit wierd that these didn't come with either mercury or metro/hoeyboer trannies from the gate. Whoever was supposed to inspect and then re inspect this on its first return from uk before being re sold should be put in the penalty box and have to pay for the repairs out of their own pocket.

I suppose if it indeed was sent to someone else an open box discount would be fair. Everything else a5150guy is posting sounds like a juvenile or disturbed person.

I too have several years of history with Brad and Dave. Dave warrantied a CCV I bought used, and paid return shipping. Dave will answer his phone and try to help you if you call him.

If a5150guy would have called Brad or Dave, the problem would have been dealt with fairly. How do I know? They treat me that way. And many others as many have already attested.

When my $3000+ amp acts up I pick up the phone and talk to Dave directly, sending one email and then having someone else fix it seems pretty stupid if you want to file a warranty claim.

The upside is it seems like you have a real good amp now and in the end that is what should be is important.

tfridgen":2b57eagn said:
glassjaw7":2b57eagn said:
steve_k":2b57eagn said:
I don't know.....they're better than most of the stuff posted these days.

:LOL: :LOL:

The Bogner subforum is really getting messy.

You think the Bogner subforum is getting messy, check the Atomica thread in the Cameron section :thumbsup:

that was a great post from the spam thread...thanks for redirecting me here....12 mins of entertaining reading!!!!

JerryP":1jhj9pez said:
That's the power transformer that was changed, not the output transformer.
Jerry

When I had the amp in my possesion the power transformer was physically buzzing and vibrating like a load of bees in a tin can and the amp was either blowing fuses immediately on powering up or it would blow a fuse after a couple of minutes.

I spoke to dave friedman as per brad kings advice and dave friedman told me all I needed to do was use a bigger fuse , which I beleive was unsound advice
dave friedman was a man of very few words ...
the amp sounded like a wealk solid state 12 watt practice amp it was without a doubt the worst amp I have EVER played through

Eric,

1. I never got a the email you posted above or a call or PM from you.

2. I remember you and thought you were a cool dude.

3. A brand new amp with a brand new transformer swap out is not a B Stock amp. (If ESP or EVH gets a guitar back with a bad pick up they don't mark it as B Stock, they replace the pick up and put it back into inventory. We are not Circuit City. We are 3 guys who trying to build amps).

4. This is my problem with the $200 refund (Its not the money).

You sent an email we never got and we never got a chance to fix your problem. Seems to me you went straight away to Mark Cameron and bought into his bullshit and sob story (with all due respect so did I when I took this on so it doesn't make you a bad guy). You replaced the transformer with a non factory part and we never got a chance to see what the problem was so we could make sure it was fixed.

You post here on the forum with a noticeable build up to selling the "One and only True Cameron Atomica " for a profit which is fine but it seems like you want us to finance your incredible "upgrade".

Then you put us/me on blast with out the courtesy of a PM or call asking WTF?

Seems like you want to drag me through the mud and then ask to be reimbursed for voiding your warranty?

So with all that I purpose this solution.

In good faith I cant reward you for having the amp fixed outside of the warranty process (which would be the same for Mesa, Bogner, Marshall etc...).

So at that I want you to know I am a stand up guy and would of fixed your problem if I knew about it.

How about we donate the $200 to the Wounded Warriors Fund in your name and call it a day.

^ #4 is the bottomline. You have to give the vendor an opportunity to provide a remedy. One email and six days of waiting? Hardly seems like a good-faith effort. It's not like Brad is difficult to reach - the guy publishes his cell number.

And I don't see how calling Brad was too hard but calling Cameron, who you don't know, have never dealt with, and has nothing to do with this transaction, was so easy. Why did you choose to call Cameron and not Brad?

King Guitar":3jq4t0p8 said:
Just checked all emails on May 5 and I got nothing. I certainly would of remembered it and got Dave involved. Not saying you didn't send them but I didn't get them as I am johnny on the spot in replying as others can attest. I never got a call from you or anything. How am I supposed to fix your problem if I dont know about it? Also as far as reselling the amp. The amp was brand new unused, it went back to Friedman for a transformer swap and went back out. We do not scrap new amps that are returned (this is the only one). If for some reason the power transformer was bad again it probably had some other problem but I never had a chance to help because the first I ever heard about your issue was in this thread. We certainly would of warranted it for you and fixed it.

ps: I have emailed Dave for his recollection on this amp as well and hope he can chime in.

Brad

I originally purchased this amp from you Brad and Whilst you may or may not of received emails from a5150guy you DID receive emails from me brad and you replied to them and so did Dave friedman.

I told you brad King and dave friedman right from the start that the amp was faulty right out of the box
I told you it was blowing fuses and the amp sounded like shit and the mains transformer was buzzing like a load of bees and all I got back from dave friedman was put a bigger fuse in the amp and you your self Brad refused to recognise their was a problem with the amp
and I was told in no uncertain terms that the amp would be considered a return and That I was responsible for the cost of shipping the amp
Brad your own words to me were
" I cannot believe you want to return the amp just because it needs a replacement fuse you can buy a fuse anywhere you are completely overeacting "

So as a result of this I was left with the cost of the shipping for the atomica and at no point was I ever informed that once you had the amp returned that the amp had then been diagnosed as faulty and had in fact received a replacement mains transformer
and yet... by your own admission in this very discussion you just disclosed that it did in fact require a replacement mains tranny ?
so the amp WAS faulty which is no fault of my own and yet I got totally shafted for the shipping costs ?????
the amp should NEVER of been sold to me with a faulty mains transformer and should NEVER of resulted in myself being liable for ANY costs whatsoever

you OWE me the shipping costs and just because this happened last year does not make it any less relevant, I wouldnt of even known about the replacement tranny if this thread had not got started but now it has the TRUTH is starting to slowly emerge from your own mouth brad , YOIU SAID YOURSELF the mains transformer was replaced so why was I held liable for the shipping costs ,its your fault not mine it was a brand new amp...

So based on your own comments Brad the amp which was sold to me actually had a faulty power/mains transformer which obviously wasnt spotted before shipping to me and when I returned the atomica to you the mains transformer was then replaced by dave friedman with another Mains transformer which was also faulty ?
and even more difficult to swallow we are to belive that nobody actually picked up on the fact that the replacement/second transformer was also faulty ? thats Two mains transformers in a row that were both faulty and yet NOT ONE person noticed this with either faulty mains tranny on both seperate occasions before the same amp was shipped REALLY ? SERIOUSLY ?

are you saying the legendary Dave friedman cast his watchful eye over this amp and on two seperate occasion and he completely missed the fact that the amp was faulty with a busted mains tranny ,TWO OF THEM ???

and I honestly beleive you kept me waiting for my refund for the amp until you sold it for a second time and you used the funds from the second sale of the same atomica to pay my refund , the sale invoice date for the resale of the atomica and my refund date are identical

I think you owe me the cost of the shipping ... this was your fault you openly admit the amp needed a replacement mains/power transformer so I dont see how I am liable for the shipping costs...

King Guitar":2hg7k42j said:
4. This is my problem with the $200 refund (Its not the money).

You sent an email we never got and we never got a chance to fix your problem. Seems to me you went straight away to Mark Cameron and bought into his bullshit and sob story (with all due respect so did I when I took this on so it doesn't make you a bad guy). You replaced the transformer with a non factory part and we never got a chance to see what the problem was so we could make sure it was fixed.

You post here on the forum with a noticeable build up to selling the "One and only True Cameron Atomica " for a profit which is fine but it seems like you want us to finance your incredible "upgrade".

Then you put us/me on blast with out the courtesy of a PM or call asking WTF?

Seems like you want to drag me through the mud and then ask to be reimbursed for voiding your warranty?

dsquared":2hg7k42j said:
^ #4 is the bottomline. You have to give the vendor an opportunity to provide a remedy. One email and six days of waiting? Hardly seems like a good-faith effort. It's not like Brad is difficult to reach - the guy publishes his cell number.

And I don't see how calling Brad was too hard but calling Cameron, who you don't know, have never dealt with, and has nothing to do with this transaction, was so easy. Why did you choose to call Cameron and not Brad?

Yep this is pretty much all that needed to be said. Contacting a random guy and getting him to do god knows what to your amp (aka totally voiding your warranty) and then asking to be reimbursed for undocumented work is just ludicrous.

Let this be a lesson to you, a5150guy. That is NOT how a warranty repair process works. If you email someone and don't hear back in a day or two, you pick up the phone and CALL.

This original post seems like an infomercial. Full of all the drama... Chance to make all your to e chasing dreams come true...

Point of it all seems to be a plug for Mark Cameron and his new amp business pyramid scheme?

A real cock sucker move to come on Brad's forum, plug has past train wreck business partner, and play victim.

Pure douchebaggery...

i smell something foul here. I think the chap from england probably did have an issue with the amp. to the op however, in my life i have never waited 8 months to tell someone i received a faulty product. plus warranties are voided in all cases unless you follow that compaines warranty policy. I also noted on your invoice Brad's cell phone is listed. try it, i heard he answers it, not to hard to do if you have an issue with something he is associated with. i purchased a stealth and the toggle switch was bad, he had the evh rep on the phone with me that day arranging a repair.

the fact Brad hasn't banned you already shows that he's fine with explaining his position. you have 28 posts...mostly on bashing a Marine who had done people right. you are the minority and sounds like you've an axe to grind

a Marine is...Semper Fi (Always Faithful)
Until I hear otherwise - I'll support Brad King as I've spent thousands of $'s with him, not just 1 fucking amp.

:no:

Attachments

• circular-reasoning-works-because.jpg
    circular-reasoning-works-because.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 4,572
UberschallEL34":2h295omc said:
the fact Brad hasn't banned you already shows that he's fine with explaining his position. you have 28 posts...mostly on bashing a Marine who had done people right. you are the minority and sounds like you've an axe to grind

a Marine is...Semper Fi (Always Faithful)
Until I hear otherwise - I'll support Brad King as I've spent thousands of $'s with him, not just 1 fucking amp.

I dont believe brad has explained his position ... Him saying he didnt get the emails is not an explanation its far from it in fact ...
here are some simple undeniable facts ..
the atomica #008 was sold to me and it had a faulty power transformer I returned it and it was then sold to another customer with the exact same fault still present and yet brad claims it had a replacement transformer ,so that would mean it was sold twice with two different but faulty transformers and yet no one noticed before the amp was shipped that either transformers were faulty
so at the very least there is gross negligence on his part as a retailer.
that shows that some part of his retailer service is totally fucked , brad king has a legal duty of care to ensure that electrical goods that he sells are fit for purpose and I believe he has been shown to be totally derelict of that duty not once but twice and that deserves an explanation , his response "I didnt get the emails " is NOT an explanation ... that is just a claim that there was a break in communication it does not explain why the same faulty product was shipped twice to two different people

and to be honest your use as a defense of brad king that he is a marine is completely irrelevant to this issue as his actual role in this situation is that of a retailer and I find your weak resort to that comment as a defense of brad is nothing less than totally puerile and you come off as being a sycophantic fanboi completely lacking any objectivity and you seem unable to perform even the most basic analysis of a simple debate
I think you may have comprehension issues as you obviously have no grasp on this debate whatsoever or the facts involved in it even though it really is very simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back