The True Atomica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here?.....

airplane.gif

I realised this morning I made slight mistake when I read my paypal account refund date last night probably cos it was late and I was tired.
The refund date from paypal from Brad King Cameron amplifiers LLC for the faulty atomica ser #008 is actually dated 19th of july 2012
so the SAME day that you bought the atomica amp #008 from brad King was the day that I got the refund thats a bit naughty to say the least.
It would seem that the brad king /tone merchants dave friedman gang deliberately fucked you over big time on the purchase of this atomica #008
very shady indeed......

As the original buyer of this atomica #008 I also lost out on the shipping costs of this amp along with import taxes etc and I would now question why a faulty amp was sent out to me in the first place isnt there a quality control process ?
and why was the atomica #008 sold a second time by brad King cameron amplifiers LLC still faulty to another buyer after it had obviously been sent back to them by me because it was faulty.
I would guess that that would be for the same reason that brad refused to communicate or help out a5150guy in line with the 1 year warranty on the atomica #008 after he bought the amp and discovered it was faulty they just dont care...

this statement below is on the invoice from brad
" Thank you for choosing King Guitar ltd.
We are a small independent guitar shop and without loyal customers like you we would not
be in business! "
what a load of old bollocks :thumbsdown:

a5150guy":1ygwxhcq said:
custom62":1ygwxhcq said:
I just read this and I am bit puzzled
I bought this very same atomica amp ser# 008 brand new from Brad king I bought it in june 2012 which is before the date you bought it and when it arrived with me in the uk it was faulty straight out of the box so I contacted Brad and he put me in touch with Dave friedman and after short but useless discussion with him I sent the amp back 48 hours after receiving it.
I didnt ask if I could send it back no ifs no buts I just sent it straight back and about two weeks after Brad got it back he refunded me which was 17th july 2012 I checked the refund date in my paypal account
So...what is going on how come it was sold onto you with a faulty output transformer when it had already been returned to brad from me with a known fault ?????
and then you say brad wouldnt sort it out ,seriously WTF

a5150guy":1ygwxhcq said:
This is the closest thing to the real Atomica I believe there is. This is the ONLY Brad/Rob Atomica Mark has ever seen let alone played. It will be the ONLY Brad/Rob Atomica he ever works on. There was quite a bit of things that needed to be reworked to get it to what he envisioned the Atomica should be. I purchased this amp from Brad 08/2012. It is SN 008. It came to me with a bad OT. I had asked him for a replacement but received zero response. I asked Mark for help and he was interested in actually seeing the amp that bears his name. Mark spent hours digging through this amp fixing and replacing things that were to his liking. This is definitely not a one trick pony now. George built a great amp but you can't just give people a recipe and expect an award winning meal. Build quality was very good of course, but things were not the way he wanted. Schematics only get you so far. Just when I thought it was perfect he would solder in another part and make it even better!! He never settles when it comes to tone and feel.

Completely reworked input section. TWO gain knobs that work in conjunction to shape BOTH tone and gain. Original gain sets the tone with the bright/gain caps. Second gain adds the balls and mojo. They work perfect together and add infinite tonal possibilities. Yes you can actually turn up the gain so the bright caps actually work correctly now. The diode clipping now has 12 stages instead of 3. Way more flexibility. OT replaced with his spec'd Mercury Magnetics OT gives great string resolution. Three way power switch now.... middle off, up normal, down lowers the plate voltage approx 100 volts similar to a variac. Very cool to crank the master up more and get that coveted power stage gain. There's more Mark mojo in there as well. And yes he signed it. I will try to get clips as soon as I can. Iphone clips don't do it justice :) Mark is a good friend and I WILL NOT be entertaining any drama. I know it all and I'm not interested. There's three sides to every story and I'm not going there, so please limit things to this specific amp. He put his heart and soul in this amp and it's amazing! I might consider selling it if the right offer is there. Just putting this out there for discussion. It won't be cheap as Brad dinged me full price for a pre-owned amp.

Well this is quite interesting. The plot thickens. I requested multiple times support from Brad well within the 1 year warranty as it STILL is supposedly under warranty. I received zero response. He KNOWINGLY sold me a defective amp. As far as I am concerned he has zero right to talk shit about ANYONE and their business practices. As you can see from my invoice that I uploaded he invoiced me 2 DAYS after refunding the money from someone else for the same amp. Who pulls a scam on people like this? I have a 35 part email chain with more bullshit in it than you would believe. I am tempted to post it to keep shit real around here. Knowing what I know now it's creepy. People reap what they sow. Shit is coming home to roost. Through all of this the past 9 months I was able to get in touch with Mark and he has not only fixed all the problems that riddle this amp but turned it into something NO ONE could create but the man himself. So in the end I guess it came out ok even though it cost me money. Mark was kind enough to only charge me for the Mercury Magnetics transformer (below cost)!!!! EVERYTHING else was done no charge to make the amp what it should have been. Thanks again Mark. All I can say is I have never met Brad, Rob and the bunch but if this is the way they do business they are no better than the people they claim to be "helping". I have met Mark and I do know he is doing all he can to make things right and knowing him he will eventually. Will Brad and Rob? Time will tell people.... stay tuned.... Mark is NOT GONE. He has surprises in store :)

I realised this morning I made slight mistake when I read my paypal account refund date last night probably cos it was late and I was tired.
The refund date from paypal from Brad King Cameron amplifiers LLC for the faulty atomica ser #008 is actually dated 19th of june 2012
so the SAME day that you bought the atomica amp #008 from brad King was the day that I got the refund thats a bit naughty to say the least.
It would seem that the brad king /tone merchants dave friedman gang deliberately fucked you over big time on the purchase of this atomica #008
very shady indeed......

As the original buyer of this atomica #008 I also lost out on the shipping costs of this amp along with import taxes etc and I would now question why a faulty amp was sent out to me in the first place isnt there a quality control process ?
and why was the atomica #008 sold a second time by brad King cameron amplifiers LLC still faulty to another buyer after it had obviously been sent back to them by me because it was faulty.
I would guess that that would be for the same reason that brad refused to communicate or help out a5150guy in line with the 1 year warranty on the atomica #008 after he bought the amp and discovered it was faulty they just dont care...

this statement below is on the invoice from brad
" Thank you for choosing King Guitar ltd.
We are a small independent guitar shop and without loyal customers like you we would not
be in business! "
what a load of old bollocks

Just plain bad business practices from the Scameron camp!!! This is why I got my CC company involved in getting me most of my refund back on the mythical 2nd run CCV and I am done with all things Cameron related except I still have the Atomica (well until I get the KK++) and the 4X12 cab. Just not worth the headache anymore!!

WTF, I am just reading this now. I would never sell you a known broken amp. Why would I do that? Atomica #8 was a brand new unused Cameron Atomica built by George and sent to the UK. That customer got it and immediately said it wasn't working so we took it back and gave a full refund.

It immediately went back to Friedman's shop and was tested checked out and was still unused brand new in the box. I will ask Dave to post in here if he remembers this amp.

We sold it with full warranty to the next guy. To the OP please let me know when you contacted me asking for warranty work that was denied? I certainly would not of ignored your email knowingly?

We haven't denied any warranty work and I refer all inquires to Dave Friedman who handles and performs the warranty.

Something is not adding up here. If you asked me for help, I didnt get the message or a call. I would not of blown you off.

Word I have is Mark is trying all kinds of things to breach his deal and getting guys to post here trying to stir up the pot. He called a friend of mine trying to get distribution for amps he doesn't have the right to build.

If your championing Mark and his game the only surprise you will have in the future in an empty wallet mark my words.

Brad

I don't usually get into these threads, but I gotta say, from my dealings with Brad, this seems very out of the ordinary. All of our deals have been nothing less than stellar....

tfridgen":98gypgfv said:
I don't usually get into these threads, but I gotta say, from my dealings with Brad, this seems very out of the ordinary. All of our deals have been nothing less than stellar....

I don't usually get into these threads either :LOL: :LOL: , but I have to echo Tyler's sentiments. My PERSONAL experiences dealing with Brad/King Guitar (NOT for Cameron-related products) have been great.

I have spent a few thousand with Brad and all went well.

Even got answers from him on purchases during the NAMM drunken debauchery.

'Deliberately tried to fuck someone'....? I could see a mistake maybe, we all have made them, but to throw that out there was over the top.

Flag on the play...

I've bought three amps from brad just this year (including a cameron old bitch)...once i reached out to him at 4am his time and somehow I had a response within 15 minutes...

Not to diminish anyone elses experience, but something with all these accusations does not seem right to me personally. Hope it all gets worked out :thumbsup:

What I wanna know is...why are there so many of you using the word "of" instead of "have"...

"I would not of blown you off..." I would not HAVE blown you off.

"It could of been a much better amp..." It could HAVE been a much better amp.

Shit drives me crazy and makes shit unreadable.

Yeah, I have no real opinion on any of this stuff. Looks like a lot of shady things, but I haven't dealt with any of these guys, so what do I know.

Also, the irony is lost here :LOL:

I got Marks number from a friend and he responded to me within a day not even knowing the problem. I simply asked if he was available to do work. He was very helpful and easy to deal with. He was more than happy to help and seemed eager to actually see the amp that he supposedly built. I, like most people, thought he was responsible for the amp. It turns out he had nothing to do with the build and would have never built them the way they were produced. He explained and showed me in great detail the flaws that were different from what he wanted. He was pretty shocked actually when he saw the amp. I would have never even purchased the amp had I known ANY of this. We all assumed we were buying Mark Cameron's Atomica. It is NOT. Completely misleading marketing if you ask me. This one is now, after Mark did extensive work on it. It is nowhere close to the same amp. The amp you're selling is a great amp on it's own, but hearing this one you would throw that one in the trash.... sorry just my opinion.

Yeah, misleading marketing!!! It is basically a tweaked Friedman amp, but it does still sound pretty damn good, but it is not a Cameron!!! It is a Scameron!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I purchased this amp from Brad 08/2012. It is SN 008. It came to me with a bad OT. I had asked him for a replacement but received zero response.

Brad check your emails from May 5th. I can provide proof if you need it. You were very prompt when I emailed you in the past, but that was always regarding purchasing. Never missed an email and never failed to respond usually within minutes. I have email chains that contain 36 dating back to our first contact. So you can understand why I was miffed at the zero response when it's time to solve a problem. I waited a week and then sought out another solution. I got Marks number from a friend and he responded to me within a day not even knowing the problem. I simply asked if he was available to do work. He was very helpful and easy to deal with.

If I keep it, Mark still has that same exact stencil and I am going to spray paint that exact thing on the front of the amp. I think he even has the same spray paint can!!! A few more beers the other night and I just might have done it

custom62":tng0dv39 said:
I bought this very same atomica amp ser# 008 brand new from Brad king I bought it in june 2012 which is before the date you bought it and when it arrived with me in the uk it was faulty straight out of the box so I contacted Brad and he put me in touch with Dave friedman and after short but useless discussion with him I sent the amp back 48 hours after receiving it.
I am not trying to stir the pot here, but you opened yourself up to these types of questions by making your grievance and history public on here.

In your above post, are you saying that you did not reach out to Brad until May 5, 2013, to inquire about replacing the faulty transformer? If so, it took you over 8 months to determine it was faulty, when 'custom62' realized this the day he opened the shipping box? Not that the 8 months really matters, as it should still be covered under the warranty.....

Then, you say you waited a week for Brad to respond but he didn't? Did you ever once call his cell and try to speak with him?

Regardless, May 5 plus a week waiting for Brad's response brings you to May 12. So on May 13 you were able to contact Mark and he got back in touch with you and fixed the problem all by around 8 PM on May 14 - the time you started this thread?

But you also wrote on May 14 that: "A few more beers the other night and I just might have [spraypainted the Atomica stencil on my amp]." This means Mark was fixing your amp a night or two BEFORE May 14, implying that you in fact DID NOT wait even one full week for Brad to respond to your email?

The timeline seems a little wonky, yet it is based on the statements you have made in this thread. Please feel free to correct it as appropriate.

custom62":tng0dv39 said:
The refund date from paypal from Brad King Cameron amplifiers LLC for the faulty atomica ser #008 is actually dated 19th of june 2012

very shady indeed......
'custom62' received his refund on June 19, 2012, per his own admission. You were invoiced for the amp on July 17, 2012, per the King Guitar invoice you have attached in this thread. A month does in fact seem like sufficient time to have the amp checked by Dave, does it not? :confused: I'm not saying it was, because we'll never know for certain, but the timing between the issuance of the refund and the re-sale of the amp does not raise any "red flags" to me......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back