The True Atomica

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a Suhr guitar from a reputable dealer ad when the guitar arrived there was an issue with the pickups being very weak sounding. I took it to a tech an they read the pickups as being approx 6k output - super low. I sent the guitar back an I would imagine there might have been a chance that if someone plugged it in and it was working to the best of their knowledge they might have sold it again. Or they may have sent it o Suhr for fix...the sold it to someone else. I think this is just the typical he said she said BS. I stand behind what I know to be true as far as the dealings I've had with Brad King. But perhaps this is the classic miscommunication of information. Who is at fault...I play a Wizard amp, so you guys figure it out.

Semper Fi!

Im beginning to think Mark Cameron was not even a real dude but a hologram, a HAARP created person to sew discord among the rig talk bretheren just like all those really crappy drivers out there. They can't possibly be real people.

a5150guy":38g9cs66 said:
rbasaria":38g9cs66 said:
What I wanna know is...why are there so many of you using the word "of" instead of "have"...

"I would not of blown you off..." I would not HAVE blown you off.

"It could of been a much better amp..." It could HAVE been a much better amp.

Shit drives me crazy and makes shit unreadable.

What I wanna know is.... why are so many of you using incomplete sentences...

"Shit drives me crazy and makes shit unreadable. THIS shit drives me crazy and makes shit unreadable.

Ugh... can we stay on point please...

I fucking love you to death Raf but this was the best comeback ever!

jerrydyer":312duf6n said:
Im beginning to think Mark Cameron was not even a real dude but a hologram, a HAARP created person to sew discord among the rig talk bretheren just like all those really crappy drivers out there. They can't possibly be real people.

At one point, I told him to do a Kaiser Soze mod. :LOL: :LOL:

Back to the OP's and Custom62's original posts (and please, nothing to do with the unfolded drama with #08) - did you get any read on why a brand new transformer failed? Transformers are dumb iron and do nothing but let the windings do the work when power is applied and the failure rate is almost zero. And, I am just playing the devil's advocate here, but was there any chance this got plugged into the wrong input power, being it was sent to the UK? These were the Heyboer trannies in the Atomica?

steve_k":a2v6vmis said:
Back to the OP's and Custom62's original posts (and please, nothing to do with the unfolded drama with #08) - did you get any read on why a brand new transformer failed? Transformers are dumb iron and do nothing but let the windings do the work when power is applied and the failure rate is almost zero. And, I am just playing the devil's advocate here, but was there any chance this got plugged into the wrong input power, being it was sent to the UK? These were the Heyboer trannies in the Atomica?

Hi steve , the atomica needs to be hardwired for either UK voltage or USA voltage so it was sent to me hardwired for UK voltages
and no I did not get any read as to why a brand new transformer failed
when I had the amp I was told by an insistent brad king and dave friedman that the power transformer was not the prob but it just needed a new or bigger fuse ? and yet this thread by brads own admission would now indicate it was the mains tranny that needed replacing so I dont really know what happened

steve_k":a19wy15j said:

The power transformer on the Atomica I had in the shop vibrated and buzzed loudly too. It would calm down a bit after a minute or so and functioned fine. If that dumb iron isn't tight the 50/60hz running thru the winding will vibrate. I'm guessing once it created some heat the laminations expanded and tightened up. It looked like a Heyboer PT, Magnetic Components OT and choke. That amp arrived with 3 incorrect screen grid resistors in it.
Jerry

jerrydyer":tg8xert3 said:
Maybe so, but how scary is it that it was actually easier for the op to get ahold of mark and get the amp sorted out then through the actual company :doh:

custom62":3cj7l65q said:
King Guitar":3cj7l65q said:
Just checked all emails on May 5 and I got nothing. I certainly would of remembered it and got Dave involved. Not saying you didn't send them but I didn't get them as I am johnny on the spot in replying as others can attest. I never got a call from you or anything. How am I supposed to fix your problem if I dont know about it? Also as far as reselling the amp. The amp was brand new unused, it went back to Friedman for a transformer swap and went back out. We do not scrap new amps that are returned (this is the only one). If for some reason the power transformer was bad again it probably had some other problem but I never had a chance to help because the first I ever heard about your issue was in this thread. We certainly would of warranted it for you and fixed it.

ps: I have emailed Dave for his recollection on this amp as well and hope he can chime in.

Brad

I originally purchased this amp from you Brad and Whilst you may or may not of received emails from a5150guy you DID receive emails from me brad and you replied to them and so did Dave friedman.

I told you brad King and dave friedman right from the start that the amp was faulty right out of the box
I told you it was blowing fuses and the amp sounded like shit and the mains transformer was buzzing like a load of bees and all I got back from dave friedman was put a bigger fuse in the amp and you your self Brad refused to recognise their was a problem with the amp
and I was told in no uncertain terms that the amp would be considered a return and That I was responsible for the cost of shipping the amp
Brad your own words to me were
" I cannot believe you want to return the amp just because it needs a replacement fuse you can buy a fuse anywhere you are completely overeacting "

So as a result of this I was left with the cost of the shipping for the atomica and at no point was I ever informed that once you had the amp returned that the amp had then been diagnosed as faulty and had in fact received a replacement mains transformer
and yet... by your own admission in this very discussion you just disclosed that it did in fact require a replacement mains tranny ?
so the amp WAS faulty which is no fault of my own and yet I got totally shafted for the shipping costs ?????
the amp should NEVER of been sold to me with a faulty mains transformer and should NEVER of resulted in myself being liable for ANY costs whatsoever

you OWE me the shipping costs and just because this happened last year does not make it any less relevant, I wouldnt of even known about the replacement tranny if this thread had not got started but now it has the TRUTH is starting to slowly emerge from your own mouth brad , YOIU SAID YOURSELF the mains transformer was replaced so why was I held liable for the shipping costs ,its your fault not mine it was a brand new amp...

So based on your own comments Brad the amp which was sold to me actually had a faulty power/mains transformer which obviously wasnt spotted before shipping to me and when I returned the atomica to you the mains transformer was then replaced by dave friedman with another Mains transformer which was also faulty ?
and even more difficult to swallow we are to belive that nobody actually picked up on the fact that the replacement/second transformer was also faulty ? thats Two mains transformers in a row that were both faulty and yet NOT ONE person noticed this with either faulty mains tranny on both seperate occasions before the same amp was shipped REALLY ? SERIOUSLY ?

are you saying the legendary Dave friedman cast his watchful eye over this amp and on two seperate occasion and he completely missed the fact that the amp was faulty with a busted mains tranny ,TWO OF THEM ???

and I honestly beleive you kept me waiting for my refund for the amp until you sold it for a second time and you used the funds from the second sale of the same atomica to pay my refund , the sale invoice date for the resale of the atomica and my refund date are identical

I think you owe me the cost of the shipping ... this was your fault you openly admit the amp needed a replacement mains/power transformer so I dont see how I am liable for the shipping costs...

The power transformer needed to be changed regardless as you were UK power. As to what Dave did I have no idea. Also to set the record straight I put you in touch with Dave for service which is the procedure. He was actually going to line up a warranty repair with a buddy of his in the UK so it could be done there. You emailed us and told us you sent it back. No return authorization or asking if thats what was supposed to happen. We then refunded you.

I wont ban anyone, free speech and all.

5150guy I do find it amusing that you want to beat me up. I arrive into LA July 8 and would be happy to give you the opportunity. :yes: PM me so I get it and don't miss you. ;)

Fact is I didnt get your email, you never called me, I had no clue you had a problem and your shilling this amp to sell for a profit so you can get you world beater amp from Mark Cameron.

If you had spoke to me this would of been solved. Good luck with that new amp. Thread locked but of course not deleted.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back