Larry is banned?

• Thread starter Thread starter Yehuda
  • Start date Start date
He's not banned anymore
giphy.gif

For the Harvard School of Business 101 Do's and Don'ts

The 7 Habits of Highly Ineffective People:

1. Build a reputation for kindness and helping others on the likes of the Metroamp Forum.

2. Open a business by offering modifications to existing amps and creating a new amp circuit as well.

3. Do not patent any of your work or schematics that may provide income and happiness.

4. Sell some amps to a competitor without any formal acknowledgement of the use or expectations.

5. Go to public online forums on the world wide web and accuse others of ripping off your undocumented work.

6. Get rude with past, current and future customers as well as complete strangers who question your ethics, demeanor and lead times.

7. Then one should double down on past comments and continue to harass strangers online as well customers. When all else fails, threaten legal action.
Regarding your list, ie #3-#5, let's get real. Fortin ripped off Larry in every possible way.
He also stole the noise gate circuit, from the Marshall KK for his Zuul gate.
Another pedal, was completely cloned from a TC electronics boost pedal.

Fortin's work, EVERYTHING, was stolen from others. His Cali circuit was a Jose clone....not original in the least. But, everyone can clone a Jose. While I have no dog in the fight, when you mention Larry's issue with Fortin, well, it's pretty damn obvious that pretty much EVERYTHING Fortin sold under his name, as an ORIGINAL Fortin product, was stolen from someone else.

So, your list seems to implicate that Larry was in the wrong for his accusation....but when you look at all the rest of the evidence, in every other damn thing Fortin made/sold being a complete ripped off clone of a previous product, I'd have to give Larry the benefit of the doubt on those circuits being completely stolen.
Ol' Mike F can't come up with an original idea period.
Unfortunately. Since he was the flavor of the week here about 15 yrs ago.

^ Oh yeah.

For sure. I never blamed Helmut from being mad at Mike Fortin. Can't blame him for being upset. But #3 and #5 have to be taken in the context of #4. If you don't take steps to protect your work, and then give your 'work' to a competitor (a competitor with a possible reputation of using other people's work as their own), then it is hard for others to feel sorry for you :dunno:

If you don't take steps to protect your work, and then give your 'work' to a competitor (a competitor with a possible reputation of using other people's work as their own), then it is hard for others to feel sorry for you
You don't have to give your work to a competitor Brother 3.

If you've sold your amps, they're out-there and anyone can get his or her hands on / borrow them.

I highly doubt Fortin even copied Larry amps. Larry said the Natas was a copy of his Dino, but the Natas look exactly like a Steven, so it kind of makes more sense that he copied the Poundcake 100. Plus, Larrys so bitched about "Bite and Punch", on Fortin amps sound more like a Treble and Bass from the TC Electronic Integrated Preamp, then like Larrys B&P, which at the time, up to first or second version of the 939, were very smooth, not too drastic boosts. That changed sometime after the 939 v1, and my 962 is already very heavy on the B&P, kind of very similar to the TC Preamp, which Fortin was copying even before Larry.
So, since even Larry pictures of his girlfriends are fake, I highly doubt anything he said about Fortin is true.
Most likely, Larry just got butt-hurt, because Mike made money and got a lot of famous people using his amps, and started falsely accusing him. Just like he does to everyone who don't bend over for him.
Matter of fact, when was the last time anyone heard anything from Larry that was 100% true?

I just PM’d this tidbit to one of the regulars here but it bears repeatIng publicly:

Larry went similarly nuts on some German forums years ago regarding Mueller amps. Claimed a guy named Marc Mueller asked him a ton of technical questions and then supposedly ripped off Larry's British Purist when he released his own amps. Seeing a pattern here?

Here's an old thread with some info about Mueller.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/nad-muller-mustang.81470/#post-951596

You don't have to give your work to a competitor Brother 3.

If you've sold your amps, they're out-there and anyone can get his or her hands on / borrow them.
That is very true brother Nikki. What I got out of that Evil Pumpkin thread was that not only did Helmut give Fortin an amp, he graciously shared lots of technical information to him that was then used against him. If that is not true, I will edit my 7 Steps of Highly Ineffective People. :dunno:

And even if @SBlue is correct, and he would probably know better than anyone, it doesn't change the fact the Helmut had a meltdown on the webs over his opinion on the use of his ideas.

And before anyone jumps in here and asks why I give a shit. I never questioned the tone or even the build quality. I mainly questioned why an amp builder running a business would come onto an amp forum and act the way he does :dunno:

-I believe that @DanTravis62 and @peterc52 and soon @Techdeth and even @SBlue really like the tone and build of their amps.
-I also believe that @Disfigured and @thegame and @SBlue and others have had issues with deposits, delivery and demeaner, etc.

He is punishing us for banning him.
And before anyone jumps in here and asks why I give a shit. I never questioned the tone or even the build quality. I mainly questioned why an amp builder running a business would come onto an amp forum and act the way he does :dunno:

-I believe that @DanTravis62 and @peterc52 and soon @Techdeth and even @SBlue really like the tone and build of their amps.
-I also believe that @Disfigured and @thegame and @SBlue and others have had issues with deposits, delivery and demeaner, etc.
I don’t have mine yet

Reactions: rsm
I highly doubt Fortin even copied Larry amps. Larry said the Natas was a copy of his Dino, but the Natas look exactly like a Steven, so it kind of makes more sense that he copied the Poundcake 100. Plus, Larrys so bitched about "Bite and Punch", on Fortin amps sound more like a Treble and Bass from the TC Electronic Integrated Preamp, then like Larrys B&P, which at the time, up to first or second version of the 939, were very smooth, not too drastic boosts. That changed sometime after the 939 v1, and my 962 is already very heavy on the B&P, kind of very similar to the TC Preamp, which Fortin was copying even before Larry.
So, since even Larry pictures of his girlfriends are fake, I highly doubt anything he said about Fortin is true.
Most likely, Larry just got butt-hurt, because Mike made money and got a lot of famous people using his amps, and started falsely accusing him. Just like he does to everyone who don't bend over for him.
Matter of fact, when was the last time anyone heard anything from Larry that was 100% true?
It couldn't be! Yet another (German!!!) amp with a Bass cut filter in the preamp section:

http://www.schroeteramplification.de/en/brownartist-3-ch-head.html

The clips of these sound great. I wonder if they're still around? Anyway, I absolutely recall seeing 3 or 4 other builders in the early 2000's, mainly in Europe, that featured similar bass/treble pre-filters in their amps. Curiously, it was always either a bass OR treble filter that these various obscure and long gone builders used, not both. Still, the point is that the idea was out there for a long, long time.

Exactly. I really like the Larry amps I've had and the ones I still have. But, is it worthy being put through hell, by the narcissist that got your money and holds, both your deposit and amp as an excuse to get you to fulfill his demands, while he uses you to help him fight off the people he already done wrong online? Absolutely no. That's why I would never send him any money ever again.

It couldn't be! Yet another (German!!!) amp with a Bass cut filter in the preamp section:

http://www.schroeteramplification.de/en/brownartist-3-ch-head.html

The clips of these sound great. I wonder if they're still around? Anyway, I absolutely recall seeing 3 or 4 other builders in the early 2000's, mainly in Europe, that featured similar bass/treble pre-filters in their amps. Curiously, it was always either a bass OR treble filter that these various obscure and long gone builders used, not both. Still, the point is that the idea was out there for a long, long time.
And he still try to make everyone else believe he is the genius who came up with all that.

Exactly. I really like the Larry amps I've had and the ones I still have. But, is it worthy being put through hell, by the narcissist that got your money and holds, both your deposit and amp as an excuse to get you to fulfill his demands, while he uses you to help him fight off the people he already done wrong online? Absolutely no. That's why I would never send him
That's the m.o of pretty much every forum build scammer ever be it gun parts, guitars, knives, etc. Design something niche people will want, deliver a couple to rave reviews, then screw over anyone else after that and use the got sick/wife sick, had to move,, got backed up, super busy, almost there, by next week/month etc etc. Nothing more than thieves.

Out of interest, how many people are you guys aware of on the waiting list right now? Appreciate that not everyone on the list is going to be a RigTalk member or known to one, but would be interested in how many people you collectively know who are waiting

Back