A certain someone supposedly has a new shop in Cali and looks to be building amps again.....

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
Every time I see a pic of this cock I'm embarrassed for Long Island. This prick commissioned an amp from a great local builder, then stiffed him. Never paid for the amp. Perfect example of of a grown adult who never played in a band, interacted w/ other musicians. He just stares at the Def Leppard TAB in his laptop and plays it w/ the spaz picking hand.
Long Island has notable builders? Fuck that chippy guy for shit like that.

Let’s not forget that the whole Brad King/Dave Friedman/Tone Merchants bunch had a hand in all the MC shit that went down. THAT venture took the money, not MC. MC was an employee at that point.

Ignore the hype!

Avoid the stress of sending in your amp and money, and wondering if you'll ever get it back!

Save money!

Marshall DSL100HR 100 | Best New Marshall? Full Demo

Yes, repair guy who builds amps. Chippy commissioned a 100 watt head. Never took delivery or paid for it.
At least he didn’t take that amp. I am now curious what that guy builds 😁

Let’s not forget that the whole Brad King/Dave Friedman/Tone Merchants bunch had a hand in all the MC shit that went down. THAT venture took the money, not MC. MC was an employee at that point.
Dave was in on it??

I always wanted to hear the full story on that from our local croniclers

slightly unrelated; if the Cameron sound is that good, are Cameron modded Ecstasys any good?
they come up every now and then..
Cameron Ecstacy amp or Cameron Ecstacy pills?

Too soon?..........

Wasn’t this after mark already took peoples amps?? I think I remember asking what about getting people their amps first as people were getting their ccv’s?

Wasn’t this after mark already took peoples amps?? I think I remember asking what about getting people their amps first as people were getting their ccv’s?
No. Neither party would take responsibility. Each side played against the other.

OK, I know nothing about Cameron amps except that some people love them. Does he goop up his circuits so that they can't be figured out?
Yes, what vultures said. There have been many "stages" of the Cameron amp excitement and then letdown. I played a buddy's Cameron Modded Aldrich Marshall and was the best tone I'd ever heard. I got really excited and started a quest to buy one.

Shortly after I started seeing the "anyone heard anything?" type messages and got nervous. Then over the years he would show up unveiling a new model and all of us would reach for our checkbooks but would soon die off when nothing was produced.

The last Cameron ramp-up I remember was when Brad King was going to facilitate and then it failed again.

It really is a shame because if those amps were made at the rate of other amps and he could be trusted, he could almost name the price. That tone haunts me, lol.

Dave was part of the Tone Merchants ownership and they were partnered with Brad…
There is no way Dave knew what was going on with all of that. Dave is a totally different human than Mark. I've talked with him on the phone qnd met him and he is a stand up guy. When I sent him my Marshall to mod, the shipping company smashed the headshell. Dave repaired it as best he could for free and sent it back.

There is no way Dave knew what was going on with all of that. Dave is a totally different human than Mark. I've talked with him on the phone qnd met him and he is a stand up guy. When I sent him my Marshall to mod, the shipping company smashed the headshell. Dave repaired it as best he could for free and sent it back.
Dave may have been just the tech guy, idk. But isn’t he partnered with Rob in Tome Merchants ? I remember Brad and Rob being quite vocal and blaming Mark for all of it. I would think (but I’m no lawyer) when you buy a business (Cameron Amps in this case), you buy the assets and liabilities of said business. The assets were the amp designs and any parts on hand) The liabilities were anything owed. Then MC says he didn’t give them the real designs and said the Brad run amps were a Dave design based on an MC design. Years after they teased a new amp company using the designs called California Amps…which obviously never happened.

Last edited:
Dave was part of the Tone Merchants ownership and they were partnered with Brad…
Mark nuked that deal Paul. Just like he blows up everything else.
The TM venture was an opportunity for Mark to make things square with folks that he owed plus be part of the whole thing and profit.
As per usual Mr. Cameron Fucked everyone.
Funny thing about drug addicts, when on drugs, all they care about is drugs.
Mark is a lost cause and likely gonna die soon.
He's hurting for money cuz he got someone here to drum up business w/a "new shop" announcement.
Same shit dude, Same shit story.

Mark nuked that deal Paul. Just like he blows up everything else.
The TM venture was an opportunity for Mark to make things square with folks that he owed plus be part of the whole thing and profit.
As per usual Mr. Cameron Fucked everyone.
Funny thing about drug addicts, when on drugs, all they care about is drugs.
Mark is a lost cause and likely gonna die soon.
He's hurting for money cuz he got someone here to drum up business w/a "new shop" announcement.
Same shit dude, Same shit story.
Just because Brad and Rob said he nuked it ? What kind of business is that ?? So they built 25 of each amp and pulled the plug and didn’t make 13+- whole.

Dave may have been just the tech guy, idk. But isn’t he partnered with Rob in Tome Merchants ? I remember Brad and Rob being quite vocal and blaming Mark for all of it. I would think (but I’m no lawyer) when you buy a business (Cameron Amps in this case), you buy the assets and liabilities of said business. The assets were the amp designs and any parts on hand) The liabilities were anything owed. Then MC says he didn’t give them the real designs and said the Brad run amps were a Dave design based on an MC design. Years after they teased a new amp company using the designs called California Amps…which obviously never happened.
I know what you are saying but as mentioned above, Mark had several opportunities to make things square or explain himself, etc. Dave is churning out pedals buffer bays, guitars, amps, etc. and it is because he is clean, has integrity and working hard.

It is a real shame because if Mark would properly help another company sell his creativity or would get clean or figure things out and start making amps right again, he would be a hero.

People can handle someone making mistakes if they make an effort to fix the problem but it was that up and down with folks. I actually feel bad for him because I've had family with addiction issues and know it can't be easy.

Back