Best picks

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
Yeah. I like the crisp, tight attack. Plus they have the Hufschmid logo that goes with my guitar. Lol
I just didn’t like how metal picks produced scraping sounds off the wounding. Can It be because of mine was a thin one?

Do you consider all non-metal picks dull? Even likes of Dunlop Ultex or D’addario Vortex?

These metal picks are not widely used even by metal players for some reason. Clangy might not be for everyone I guess. Too steep of a price to risk trying. And knowing what a mess Patrick is, I don’t see myself paying him money.

But if I stumble on one, I’ll try. If I like them, I’ll manufacture ‘em lol
No. I dont consider all picks dull. Tortex are some of the most transparent picks out there. Just dont last long. Attak picks have an extremely tight attack. But there are some of the non sharp picks thst can give a dull sound. Also, unless i am playing acoustic i cant abide by a flimsy pick..less than 1.35 or so mm. I also cant my wrist a bit and cut through the string like a knife. So my attack may be different from others, which changes my preferences as well

No. I dont consider all picks dull. Tortex are some of the most transparent picks out there. Just dont last long. Attak picks have an extremely tight attack. But there are some of the non sharp picks thst can give a dull sound. Also, unless i am playing acoustic i cant abide by a flimsy pick..less than 1.35 or so mm. I also cant my wrist a bit and cut through the string like a knife. So my attack may be different from others, which changes my preferences as well

That’s why I asked, because never thought my standart Tortex are dull in any way. At least I confirmed I am not deaf yet.

Have you tried Ultex or Cortex I mentioned? I keep hearing nice things about them, but can’t find any around to try. Just don’t want to order a pack and let lit lay around without use, to be honest.

That’s why I asked, because never thought my standart Tortex are dull in any way. At least I confirmed I am not deaf yet.

Have you tried Ultex or Cortex I mentioned? I keep hearing nice things about them, but can’t find any around to try. Just don’t want to order a pack and let lit lay around without use, to be honest.
Ultex.yes. but honestly if i could bless the blood of a goat and dip tortex picks in them so they would not dull, i think they are the best plastic picks out there. Being that i cant, this brass bastard is fucking nice and i have that big blue that racer and braintheory are bragging up coming to try as well. The torlon pick i have is very interesting feeling pick. If it were shaped sharper, i might like it best. Hard to say

Ultex.yes. but honestly if i could bless the blood of a goat and dip tortex picks in them so they would not dull, i think they are the best plastic picks out there. Being that i cant, this brass bastard is fucking nice and i have that big blue that racer and braintheory are bragging up coming to try as well. The torlon pick i have is very interesting feeling pick. If it were shaped sharper, i might like it best. Hard to say
Thanks for the insight. One day I fly to US, go to nearest GC and just try the shit out of the whole pick selection lol

Last edited:
Just placed an order for the Hufschmid Brass pick and the Attak one. Curious to see how they are
The attak ones are great. They have the tightest atack ever, but really weird shaped. The concave for the thumb just doesnt quite fit right. You get the 2.0?
I think the brass is going to be something you like. It has a raised logo that feels right.

I cant wait for your thoughts..good or bad. Honestly i would love to run all my gear by you.

The attak ones are great. They have the tightest atack ever, but really weird shaped. The concave for the thumb just doesnt quite fit right. You get the 2.0?
I think the brass is going to be something you like. It has a raised logo that feels right.

I cant wait for your thoughts..good or bad. Honestly i would love to run all my gear by you.
I enjoy tight attack lol. This one says it’s the 2.0 in the ad’s description. I also think there’s a good chance I’ll like the brass based on what you said. The V-Pick Screamer 2.75mm mostly is my go-to for just playability and easier pinch harmonics. Some of my other picks would in most ways win in tone imo

I enjoy tight attack lol. This one says it’s the 2.0 in the ad’s description. I also think there’s a good chance I’ll like the brass based on what you said. The V-Pick Screamer 2.75mm mostly is my go-to for just playability and easier pinch harmonics. Some of my other picks would in most ways win in tone imo
Yeah. The harmonics are off the chart with some of the thicker (5mm or more) huffshmid picks

Have you tried the max-grip surface?

They do it on many models now, and with many materials, so it's hard to not find something that agrees with you with the max-grip surface.
Tried them but the max grip dunlop feel a bit plastic cheap compared to the other dunlop lines. I think I might try ultex sharp next, the .90 pick. I was experimenting tonight with scoring the picks with a razor and surprisingly that worked quite well. Liked the feel of that and i was able to control the pick way more.

I like the Jazz or Jazz III size..mostly Tortex or Nylon...I like the feel of the Ultem (Ultex), but for some reason it seems to add more pick noise to the notes. I've also recently been liking the triple tip triangular Petrucci one that comes in the multi-pack too.

Back