Biden tests positive for COVID

• Thread starter Thread starter psychodave
  • Start date Start date
You're ridiculous. I'm not talking about Granny knitting a sweater. I'm talking about cars, planes, industrial activity, and so on, which is what drastically changed during the pandemic. How can you take yourself seriously?

Because I respect accurate information and I respect purposeful communication. I don’t rely on fallacies to try and prove people wrong. I state facts. If a bunch of knuckleheads want to make it out to be more than it is, then they can have it. But it doesn’t change that they are facts.

I’m fascinated by language and communication and you guys are an absolute goldmine of entertainment. I’ve never came across people so oblivious to their own faux pas.
I also love that the only person I think I’ve had a nuanced and constructive discussion with is a Monkey Man lol.

Actually VB too. not because I necessarily agree with him, but because he bases his responses on his core values and beliefs. He doesn’t try and use science he likes to disprove science he doesn’t like. I’m not not to prove people wrong. I don’t care to try and systematically invalidate his beliefs, because he’s beliefs are not based on the building blocks that I base mine. It apples to oranges.

Because I respect accurate information and I respect purposeful communication. I don’t rely on fallacies to try and prove people wrong. I state facts. If a bunch of knuckleheads want to make it out to be more than it is, then they can have it. But it doesn’t change that they are facts.

I’m fascinated by language and communication and you guys are an absolute goldmine of entertainment. I’ve never came across people so oblivious to their own faux pas.
I also love that the only person I think I’ve had a nuanced and constructive discussion with is a Monkey Man lol.

Actually VB too. not because I necessarily agree with him, but because he bases his responses on his core values and beliefs. He doesn’t try and use science he likes to disprove science he doesn’t like. I’m not not to prove people wrong. I don’t care to try and systematically invalidate his beliefs, because he’s beliefs are not based on the building blocks that I base mine. It apples to oranges.
blah-blah-blah-blah-ryanfluffbruce.gif

@anus bailyrar, please allow me, what part of this statement is fallacious?

> The reduction in human derived emissions during the pandemic is associated with an increase in planetary temperature.

@anus bailyrar, please allow me, what part of this statement is fallacious?

> The reduction in human derived emissions during the pandemic is associated with an increase in planetary temperature.

It’s a straw man because it was a response to me saying that greenhouse gases contribute to climate change.
The study you are quoting clearly states that to be true.
You are combining other elements of “human activies” to create a bigger picture that I can’t refute, and trying to play it off as a counter argument to the initial post. Meanwhile it is only somewhat related to my original sentiment and does not go against the orignal sentiment.

You are attempting to alter my statement so that you can add conflicting information to something that you would otherwise have none of

It’s a straw man because it was a response to me saying that greenhouse gases contribute to climate change.
The study you are quoting clearly states that to be true.
You are combining other elements of “human activies” to create a bigger picture that I can’t refute, and trying to play it off as a counter argument to the initial post. Meanwhile it is only somewhat related to my original sentiment and does not go against the orignal sentiment.

You are attempting to alter my statement so that you can add conflicting information to something that you would otherwise have none of
Good lord man. Is the statement true or not?

The one I just asked you to evaluate, dumbass. You went on a tangent again trying to justify yourself and got confused.
It depends. I only read that one study you posted briefly. Are there others? Has it been peer reviewed? I also don’t remember what models they used, but I kinda remember not having an issue with them.

It’s most likely true because most aerosols have long been understood to reflect heat (cool earth) but as far as pandemic specific global temperatures, I don’t know. One study isn’t enough to have me say it’s factual.

I will gladly say that the post you showed me showed that temps rose in some areas though

It depends. I only read that one study you posted briefly. Are there others? Has it been peer reviewed? I also don’t remember what models they used, but I kinda remember not having an issue with them.

It’s most likely true because most aerosols have long been understood to reflect heat (cool earth) but as far as pandemic specific global temperatures, I don’t know. One study isn’t enough to have me say it’s factual.

I will gladly say that the post you showed me showed that temps rose in some areas though
Talk about entertainment! 🤣

You can parse the language as much as you want and can find convincing the prediction that even though temps got warmer they will eventually cool, but the science daily summary spoke of the “counterintuitive” findings. Seems to me that you’re just desperately clinging to any hint that might support your belief that human emissions lead to warmer planet temps, when the most straightforward and applicable, non modeled data shows the complete opposite.

You can parse the language as much as you want and can find convincing the prediction that even though temps got warmer they will eventually cool, but the science daily summary spoke of the “counterintuitive” findings. Seems to me that you’re just desperately clinging to any hint that might support your belief that human emissions lead to warmer planet temps.
It is counter intuitive because many people, like yourself think that all man made pollution acts the same.
Which it does not

Back