Bogner XTC vs Axe FX Ultra clips!

• Thread starter Thread starter flyangus
  • Start date Start date
Bob Savage":3dzu96qe said:
Here's 3 clips with 3 different amps:

Reamped boosted 81 JMP

Reamped Deliverance 60

Reamped S-Shiva

The intro didn't seem to have the lowered dynamic range for my clips that the others did. Even looking at the wave form, the intro part seemed to be approximately the same amplitude as the part where the volume kicks up... strange.

Hmm, odd! :confused:

Unless someone has 'cleaned' the track up since I sent it to Scott. A few guys were saying the WAV was clipping so it would degrade the sound - I know someone offered to 'clean it up' whether he did or not I don't know. The original WAV file, the intro is barely visible!

I used the original WAV file for my re-amp and had no issues with the clipping.

The clips are great, I like the Shiva the best :thumbsup:

the first DI clip I downloaded and that I used had significant clipping. I reamp a lot and seldom have issues even with severe clipping.

flyangus":kg7b1kw1 said:
Hmm, odd! :confused:

Unless someone has 'cleaned' the track up since I sent it to Scott. A few guys were saying the WAV was clipping so it would degrade the sound - I know someone offered to 'clean it up' whether he did or not I don't know. The original WAV file, the intro is barely visible!

I used the original WAV file for my re-amp and had no issues with the clipping.

The clips are great, I like the Shiva the best :thumbsup:

I didn't zoom to the sample to look at it but there did seem to be a couple spots where it looked like the waveform squared off.

flyangus":2dfgzzcq said:
Audioholic":2dfgzzcq said:
I think my post got deleted, but if you are re-amping, you need a reamp box, meaning you can't really just take the line level output from your mbox and feed it into something looking for an instrument level input like an amp or the axe. not to mention impedience differences. A reamp box will make the conversion for you and get it to the right level. if you send too hot of a signal, potentially you may damage the inputs on your amp. I am not sure if you are using a reamp box, but from what i saw, you just took the line level out from your mbox.

That's just what I did. I wondered about impedance mismatches etc. but figured everyone was doing the same thing! Maybe I won't bother re-amping again until I know what to do or what bits of gear I need.

yup, need a re-amping box, not too expensive, Radial makes an x-amp for like 175 or something. Need to use that if you are going to reamp in this way, otherwise, you are compromising your sound, and possibly your equipment

Audioholic":2yebb5c2 said:
yup, need a re-amping box, not too expensive, Radial makes an x-amp for like 175 or something. Need to use that if you are going to reamp in this way, otherwise, you are compromising your sound, and possibly your equipment

That's what I used on the clips above.

Audioholic":jkj0oohx said:
flyangus":jkj0oohx said:
Audioholic":jkj0oohx said:
I think my post got deleted, but if you are re-amping, you need a reamp box, meaning you can't really just take the line level output from your mbox and feed it into something looking for an instrument level input like an amp or the axe. not to mention impedience differences. A reamp box will make the conversion for you and get it to the right level. if you send too hot of a signal, potentially you may damage the inputs on your amp. I am not sure if you are using a reamp box, but from what i saw, you just took the line level out from your mbox.

That's just what I did. I wondered about impedance mismatches etc. but figured everyone was doing the same thing! Maybe I won't bother re-amping again until I know what to do or what bits of gear I need.

I use the X-amp and anoriginal Reamp...that said a DI in rverse will work just fine. As for compromising gear...I'd like to see the haed that can't take +20dB...

degenaro":2amjjr39 said:
Here we go...bad bit rate, clipping and what not...I still made it work...aren't I special... :)

Now that is what I am talking about :thumbsup:

Bob Savage":3nn5usoz said:

Reamped boosted 81 JMP

Reamped Deliverance 60

Reamped S-Shiva

The intro didn't seem to have the lowered dynamic range for my clips that the others did. Even looking at the wave form, the intro part seemed to be approximately the same amplitude as the part where the volume kicks up... strange.

NIce stuff Bob, I enjoyed the JMP myself....Doug did a GREAT job with that amp!!

Two more sig x with different sauce...

And something else...

Bob Savage":2tur9dht said:

Reamped boosted 81 JMP

Reamped Deliverance 60

Reamped S-Shiva

The D60 in this was a bit too scooped for me. And prolly coulda stood a bit more gain.
The Marshall's attack was happening and the Shiva had the best EQ but crap attack for my likes.

degenaro":20ku4ow6 said:

And something else...

The 2nd one sounds like the L6 Big Bottom patch...well or a Herbert :) Pretty amasing what one can do with a track to get what he wants. Cool stuff.

Digital Jams":1mau47qe said:
degenaro":1mau47qe said:

And something else...

The 2nd one sounds like the L6 Big Bottom patch...well or a Herbert :) Pretty amasing what one can do with a track to get what he wants. Cool stuff.
Second one with less sauce is actually hipper...

Digital Jams":mrm4emzl said:
flyangus":mrm4emzl said:
OK,

I re-amped the Bogner using the same WAV file that everyone else has. I snipped the intro because the noise is terrible, it's not hiss from the track it's pickup or a ground loop maybe. The clip sounds pretty much like the original otherwise IMHO.

https://soundclick.com/share?songid=6474770

Nice!!!

Thanks Scott :)

Here is the Blue channel of the Bogner re-amped with the same WAV file:

https://soundclick.com/share?songid=6474785

:D

degenaro":3athx04r said:

And something else...

So far, these two clips sound the best to me. The second one sounds much darker than the first. But, I like them both.

FourT6and2":3di5n7fi said:
degenaro":3di5n7fi said:

And something else...

So far, these two clips sound the best to me. The second one sounds much darker than the first. But, I like them both.
First one is Sig X, second one is Waves GTR.

Back