Choosing a Diezel....

• Thread starter Thread starter teestone
  • Start date Start date
Right on! Personally I just don't understand the mindset. It seems most high dollar amp collectors are connected in some form, so you'd think customer service should be a focal point considering amps at that level are mainly sold through word of mouth

Oh shit, thanks for letting me know. Unacceptable, especially at those prices.

IIc+ it is then 😂

By the way, you tested your MGL in the room with Wizards, right?

Mike is THE GUY. You wan’t double OD channel SLO? You got it. You want a single channel SLO? You got it. Probably was a cool experience to be able to get your amp tailor made while on the phone with the guru himself. Glad I supported him with my own coin while he was in the business, although mine is a pretty plain build, just with switchable effects loop.

I mean they are good, but looks more like a mass factory product than “boutique” experience. I just underline difference in approach. Reliability seems to be there.

Yeah. And i dont know if maybe he is sick of dumb questions, or if things get lost in translation writing. Tones can be interpreted, etc. I wouldnt hesitate to do business with rick. But i dont have to. Matt is always getting and selling wizards, so i can just deal with him. He is cool as fuck
interested in getting a wizard, who's Matt and how do i reach him?

@MontiCristo I'm not a wizard dealer or anything, lol... but I can answer questions where Rick might not be as helpful.
I wanted to underline that, then though “Maybe he already has the dealership for buying them Wizards in bulk” lol

Hope you don’t mind me mentioning you here

I talked to him about building me a simplified single channel version of MTL and he was real mouthy about it. I wasnt looking for a discount or anything. But he was quick to tell me the tone wouldnt be better..."listen guy. I just dont need your shitty "clean" channel."

There can be no such thing buddy :loco:. Just play the lead channel, would sound the same. lol

There can be no such thing buddy :loco:. Just play the lead channel, would sound the same. lol
I am very bothered by channel switchers. I am not claiming it makes total sense. However, less connections, less room for error

@MontiCristo I'm not a wizard dealer or anything, lol... but I can answer questions where Rick might not be as helpful.
Thanks @RedB4Black ! Appreciate ya. Looking to get MTL / MC hybrid. If you know where there’s one on the used market let me know

Thanks @RedB4Black ! Appreciate ya. Looking to get MTL / MC hybrid. If you know where there’s one on the used market let me know

I’ve owned one. Honestly, it’d say get either the MTL or the MC2… the hybrid is more of a compromise between the two and not as good as one or the other

I’ve owned one. Honestly, it’d say get either the MTL or the MC2… the hybrid is more of a compromise between the two and not as good as one or the other
Which one has more dynamic / harmonic response?

Which one has more dynamic / harmonic response?

I’d say about the same the difference really lies in the amount of gain and character of the mids. A lot of people I know say the MTL can cover everything the MC2 can do and more. I think it’s worth owning both, but if I only had one it’d be the MTL. Especially for heavier styles. The rhythm channel on the MTL with the boost and gain pull can cop a great plexi style tone. That’s easier to get on the MC2 and probably a little better.

Where in Texas are you?

I’d say about the same the difference really lies in the amount of gain and character of the mids. A lot of people I know say the MTL can cover everything the MC2 can do and more. I think it’s worth owning both, but if I only had one it’d be the MTL. Especially for heavier styles. The rhythm channel on the MTL with the boost and gain pull can cop a great plexi style tone. That’s easier to get on the MC2 and probably a little better.

Where in Texas are you?
I appreciate the information, I hadn't considered the MTL because I'm not really a metal player, more hard rock / classic rock. I've been bouncing around the purchase of a wizard for 3 years now and haven't pulled the trigger, but I think I'm ready. I'm tired of getting amp after amp and being a little let down.

appreciate it brother and love the Trump / Vance shout out!!!!!!! I'm in Splendora, a small town just north of Kingwood. You in Texas as well?

I appreciate the information, I hadn't considered the MTL because I'm not really a metal player, more hard rock / classic rock. I've been bouncing around the purchase of a wizard for 3 years now and haven't pulled the trigger, but I think I'm ready. I'm tired of getting amp after amp and being a little let down.

appreciate it brother and love the Trump / Vance shout out!!!!!!! I'm in Splendora, a small town just north of Kingwood. You in Texas as well?

I’m in San Antonio, you’re welcome to check mine out if you are ever over this way. I have 3 Wizards currently (and 5 other amps), though at one point I had 7 Wizards. lol

@WizardSouth-JP has a bunch of Wizards and sells some from time to time...He's closer to you in Katy.

I’m in San Antonio, you’re welcome to check mine out if you are ever over this way. I have 3 Wizards currently (and 5 other amps), though at one point I had 7 Wizards. lol

@WizardSouth-JP has a bunch of Wizards and sells some from time to time...He's closer to you in Katy.
SA, my hometown. Lot of family over there. I appreciate the info brother. I'll get a Wizard one of these days.

Crap got real during COVID 🤣 - but down to 4 Wizards atm
IMG_6516.jpeg

Crap got real during COVID 🤣 - but down to 4 Wizards atm
View attachment 334482
and you're in Katy?? don't suppose you're ok with random strangers dropping by to experience the glory this room has to offer :) lol.....Gotta ask, if you could only keep one, which and why? I'm looking to purchase my 1st. I've had just about every high end amp you can think of with Wizard as the exception. Lot of cash for these and don't want to make the wrong decision. Strongly leaning towards a MC2, but know a guy who's had the MC2 and the W800 and prefers the W800. I have never played or heard a wizard in person.

and you're in Katy?? don't suppose you're ok with random strangers dropping by to experience the glory this room has to offer :) lol.....Gotta ask, if you could only keep one, which and why? I'm looking to purchase my 1st. I've had just about every high end amp you can think of with Wizard as the exception. Lot of cash for these and don't want to make the wrong decision. Strongly leaning towards a MC2, but know a guy who's had the MC2 and the W800 and prefers the W800. I have never played or heard a wizard in person.
I should add, I'm not a metal player. Hard Rock / Heavy Rock / Classic Rock.

I should add, I'm not a metal player. Hard Rock / Heavy Rock / Classic Rock.
The MCII is probably what you're after for everything from 70's, 80's rock/hair metal, 90's etc. I have a KT88 75w MCII here that packs a punch - have various 4x12 with different speaker combos (V30, Creamback 75, Redback, Alnico 90, Greenback - I may be alright with someone coming to try stuff but if you're a wacko or think there's more than 2 genders I'll probably pass.

The MCII is probably what you're after for everything from 70's, 80's rock/hair metal, 90's etc. I have a KT88 75w MCII here that packs a punch - have various 4x12 with different speaker combos (V30, Creamback 75, Redback, Alnico 90, Greenback - I may be alright with someone coming to try stuff but if you're a wacko or think there's more than 2 genders I'll probably pass.

lol....he said he was a Trump/Vance guy above, Justin, I think he's cool!

Back