Choosing a Diezel....

• Thread starter Thread starter teestone
  • Start date Start date
Big Max was $2100. I've been Talking with Rick at Wizard and a 50 watt MCii is $6000 = $4000 more.
Guy on here was selling my old 100w Rock Standard for $3000 - so yeah, if you're comparing used/discounted amp prices to your first time buying from Rick...

Guy on here was selling my old 100w Rock Standard for $3000 - so yeah, if you're comparing used/discounted amp prices to your first time buying from Rick...
The Wizard is better, I was just saying the Big Max is a good single channel amp. I bought the Big Max for $2100 brand new and the Wizard brand new is $6k so I think everyone can agree the Wizard is much more expensive and should sound better.

The Wizard is better, I was just saying the Big Max is a good single channel amp. I bought the Big Max for $2100 brand new and the Wizard brand new is $6k so I think everyone can agree the Wizard is much more expensive and should sound better.
price paid doesn't always equate to better - plenty of amps I've had that were expensive were often overhyped. My point was the Rock Standard as a single channel british style amp (like the Big Max) was leaps and bounds a "better" sounding amp side by side - as I had them in the room, same guitar etc.

price paid doesn't always equate to better - plenty of amps I've had that were expensive were often overhyped. My point was the Rock Standard as a single channel british style amp (like the Big Max) was leaps and bounds a "better" sounding amp side by side - as I had them in the room, same guitar etc.
So is your position that the Diezel Big Max is not a good single channel amplifier? That's all I was saying brother. All Good.

So is your position that the Diezel Big Max is not a good single channel amplifier? That's all I was saying brother. All Good.
Think we're saying the same thing just differently - is the Big Max a cool single channel amp? sure

Last edited:

Back