How many of you believe the Earth is flat? Go.......

• Thread starter Thread starter Racerxrated
  • Start date Start date
Excellent video for anyone who gives a shit about, or wants to finally learn how scientific research can work.
It’s a lot to take in but a great example of how discovery doesn’t care about “fitting the narrative”

All I know about flat earthers is what I’ve read. Just once I’d like to talk to one face to face, just to see if they can keep a straight face.
I’ve never actually met one in the wild.

The weirdest thing I’ve heard face to face in a discussion, is from a painter I used to work with that said evolution is fake because if he leaves an apple on a table for a long time, it will still be an apple. It doesn’t change in to something else

Analyze the math and the curtain where a bunch of scoundrels hiding behind science is pulled back.

Analyzing math is great, however as your follow up to thinking the curvature of the earth means you are traveling up and downhill, I’m not sure I’m interested in your analysis

Analyzing math is great, however as your follow up to thinking the curvature of the earth means you are traveling up and downhill, I’m not sure I’m interested in your analysis
Yeah but you actually denied the mathematics behind your globe earth proving you don't really understand the stuff you parrot. You pretend to be educated but I think you should stick to unbolting generators. Just remember, righty tighty, lefty loosey.

Yeah but you actually denied the mathematics behind your globe earth proving you don't really understand the stuff you parrot. You pretend to be educated but I think you should stick to unbolting generators. Just remember, righty tighty, lefty loosey.

Just because you posted a link to a website doesn’t mean that my information is incorrect.

Just because you posted a link to a website doesn’t mean that my information is incorrect.
You were caught off guard by how ridiculous the math behind the real globe curvature makes the theory look. You didn't realize it was squared, showing you haven't really even looked into it as much as a dolt like me. In the future you'll look more intelligent if you actually grasp the subject matter fully before embarrassing yourself. The 7 P's. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Do better.

Come to think of it though, the news people said that the Chicago skyline was a mirage, not that the curvature math was wrong 🤔 So which one is it space boy?!

Come to think of it though, the news people said that the Chicago skyline was a mirage, not that the curvature math was wrong 🤔 So which one is it space boy?!
Do you really think you'll get a solid answer from him when he didn't even understand earth curvature math 101? lMaybe he could pour piss out a boot if the directions were on the heel but this stuff is over his head. Like curved water over his head.

You were caught off guard by how ridiculous the math behind the real globe curvature makes the theory look. You didn't realize it was squared, showing you haven't really even looked into it as much as a dolt like me. In the future you'll look more intelligent if you actually grasp the subject matter fully before embarrassing yourself. The 7 P's. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Do better.
It was ridiculous to square a constant, such as 8 in your example. You would just say 64 in that case.

Squaring a variable? Sure because you should be using Pythagoras to approximate the curvature of the earth. Approximate of course because we know the earth is not perfectly round so the curvature is different depending what direction you are traveling. Generally speaking though, it’s about 8 inches every mile

Was “not perfectly round” not clear enough?
giphy.gif

Back