How many of you believe the Earth is flat? Go.......

• Thread starter Thread starter Racerxrated
  • Start date Start date
Always an insult

Tell me this. Why would I take your links seriously? You call me a “glober” and then try and tell me the correct way to calculate the curvature of the earth. You don’t even think they are right. You are simply shit posting, and that doesn’t work on me
You know you do everything you can to get under people's skin man. I have seen you operate enough times here and elsewhere. Who do you think you're fooling?

Aynirar makes a hell of a lot more sense than your wacko conspiracy theories even if he uses inches, furlongs and barley corns.
giphy (1).gif

I still don't understand the "logic":

If the horizon dips 8" in a mile, why not 16" in 2 and so on.

To suggest there's a logarithmic increase defies my lil' ol' brain's capacity for reason. :confused:

I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me in laymonkey's terms.

You know you do everything you can to get under people's skin man. I have seen you operate enough times here and elsewhere. Who do you think you're fooling?

If repeating the silly things that people say back to themselves is wrong, I don’t want to be right

I still don't understand the "logic":

If the horizon dips 8" in a mile, why not 16" in 2 and so on.

To suggest there's a logarithmic increase defies my lil' ol' brain's capacity for reason. :confused:

I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me in laymonkey's terms.
Whatever you do, don't ask @Aynirar27 :ROFLMAO: 🌏:alien:

Therefore, a perfectly flat surface, an ice rink for example, would actually need a slight upward curve built into the floor to compensate for the downward curve. And yet ice rinks are made by applying water, which seeks level, and should therefore be level but ball earth science says it cannot be so, minus compensating for the curve when you built the slab beneath the ice rink. It's so damn ludicrous it makes my head hurt thinking about how damn dumb you gotta be to not see through this kind of contradictory bullshit. As I've stated before, a dumbass plow boy can see through it but smart people are buffaloed into stupidity by numbers, graphs, charts, and jerkoffs wearing lab coats.
If the ice rink were large-enough and perfectly-flat, the ice would be thickest in the centre and progressively-thinner towards the edges.

IOW, assuming the earth's surface is curved, the water would "level" commensurately with it 'cause gravity would act equally upon it at all points.

That's the theory at any rate.

It's reminiscent of the merry-go-'round argument; it's a matter of scale. An ice rink simply isn't big-enough to reveal the minuscule water / ice curve in a practical sense. Swimming pools are built "flat" for the same reason.

Back