I Guess These Are Actually Real (Evil Pumpkin)

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
I think this is a good representation of how it sounds in a mix.

That doesn't sound like anything to me. Ever watch Westworld when the hosts say this about a photo they've been programmed not to recognize? This amp's sound is just so generic to me that it sounds like every bland, nondescript high-gain backing track you might hear on a Horsepower TV show where someone shows you how to install an exhaust on a 1980s V6 Mustang.

That doesn't sound like anything to me. Ever watch Westworld when the hosts say this about a photo they've been programmed not to recognize? This amp's sound is just so generic to me that it sounds like every bland, nondescript high-gain backing track you might hear on a Horsepower TV show where someone shows you how to install an exhaust on a 1980s V6 Mustang.

I love that show !

:love:

That’s how I feel about ALL of his amps. Then again, I sort of blame his following who he caters to. Modern, bland, compressed, over processed quantized metal nerds. I’m a diehard metal fan and still listen and enjoy modern bands, but it is what the genre’s guitar tones have become for the most part this day and age.

No offense to Jason Killertone since HE knows what great tones sound like and I congratulate him still on his sig amp. But let’s be real…his OG orange Marshall that it’s based on is FAR superior to sound than this amp. Fortin Hulk mod was one of the nastiest sounding mods out there. Fortin should’ve stuck with that and pedals IMO.

Last edited:
That’s how I feel about ALL of his amps. Then again, I sort of blame his following who he caters to. Modern, bland, compressed, over processed quantized metal nerds. I’m a diehard metal fan and still listen and enjoy modern bands, but it is what the genre’s guitar tones have become for the most part this day and age.

No offense to Jason Killertone since HE knows what great tones sound like and I congratulate him still on his sig amp. But let’s be real…his OG orange Marshall that it’s based on is FAR superior to sound than this amp. Fortin Hulk mod was one of the nastiest sounding mods out there. He should’ve stuck with that and pedals IMO.
Agreed I am not hearing this tone in the new videos

Yup. Not even close. I realize speakers/cabs are a big part too but you can still tell the difference in voicing character. I heard the amp in person at 2020 NAMM when it was announced and Jason played it. Did not sound that great at all honestly. Jason is a chug machine though.

Evil pumpkin huh.... I think I'll wait for the angered spaghetti squash.

I think the big difference is his settings. Because that tone is totally a thing in this video…. Granted it was an older model (maybe?)

Presence and treble were higher in this one than his new video. Sometimes he dials it a bit back to his taste.

I think the big difference is his settings. Because that tone is totally a thing in this video…. Granted it was an older model (maybe?)

Presence and treble were higher in this one than his new video. Sometimes he dials it a bit back to his taste.

Man I would just get a Satan 120 .

Never played a Fortin amp, but did get a Fortin Ts9 in a trade and it's one of the best pedals I've owned. I don't know shit about the man himself, don't subscribe to, follow, or give a rats ass about any of the drama that seems to surround him and his products, but I'd try an EP under the right circumstances.

Won’t be getting either lol.

Honestly this sounds better to me here….

But different strokes for different folks.

Ya everybody is different: all depends on what you want . This wait for the Larry is hard especially seeing all these “spin offs “ lol

I spoke to Mike on the phone once…right before the hype train started….super nice guy. BUT…. I assume that this is a 4-5k made in china amp…. If that’s the case no thanks….

I spoke to Mike on the phone once…right before the hype train started….super nice guy. BUT…. I assume that this is a 4-5k made in china amp…. If that’s the case no thanks….
Maybe ceriatone will come up with an 1800 dollar one. Then Mike will be super pissed because someone stole “his” design.

Your modded Jose has more grit and attitude than that amp for sure.

No offense to Jason Killertone since HE knows what great tones sound like and I congratulate him still on his sig amp. But let’s be real…his OG orange Marshall that it’s based on is FAR superior to sound than this amp. Fortin Hulk mod was one of the nastiest sounding mods out there. Fortin should’ve stuck with that and pedals IMO.

Fully agree.

I think a large part of this is that Mike got burned out and wanted more time with family. He built a massive reputation doing his best for tone, went as fast as he could to automation and PCBs, and sold many designs to Randall to cash out among other business decisions. Tone quality seems like a last concern now - the business itself is the primary concern.

I’ve played a Bones at band volumes and his amps are really fun and easy to play. A great soloing type of amp but I wouldn’t use one for rhythm. Honestly it’s one of the best solo tones you could ever get - very round and full bodied and easy to play.

I think I prefer the aggressiveness of the Bogner Uber ultra or a wizard though.

His Marshall’s were the best you could get. @RedPlated has a Fortin modded Marshall I’ve always wanted clips of so I can drool 🤤😂

Back