Killer guitars you regret selling!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Texsunburst59
  • Start date Start date
Yep.

That’s going to be hard to find one in good shape for a decent price.
Yeah. I am hoping someone around the area may still have it sitting under a bed somewhere. Never know…but the dealer ised to do the vintage guitar show circuit so probably not…

dwahug6fymuqraociqrz.jpg

pxejqsjfvshxywxkqv8a.jpg

eni7qxdzuiicbho3ac7a.jpg

vzubcjtthvzkmejo0kwx.jpg

The pain of being a gear whore/flipper.
Original pre pro 21 fret San Dimas Charvel (someone here bought it from me), a San Dimas Jackson, Custom Jackson Soloist, Rhoads PCS, Rhoads JCF001,
Hamer Cali Elite,
Kramer Niteswan in metallic blue, several Pacers when you couldn't give them away,
Ibanez: Red Paul Gilbert, Blue Paul Gilbert, White Paul Gilbert, Vai Blue curtains, Petrucci Picassso original and the pastel one, 2 universes
Several GMW's
ESP: many 80's & 90's (one covered in British 5 pound notes,, a Kulick gobstopper), as well as 3 Lynch Serpents.
3 EBMM EVH

(In addition the the 3 MKIIC+, Langner, SUHR custom & Cameron I sold & several other amps I regret)...

Last edited:
The pain of being a gear whore/flipper.
Original pre pro 21 fret San Dimas Charvel (someone here bought it from me), a San Dimas Jackson, Custom Jackson Soloist, Rhoads PCS, Rhoads JCF001,
Hamer Cali Elite,
Kramer Niteswan in metallic blue, several Pacers when you couldn't give them away,
Ibanez: Red Paul Gilbert, Blue Paul Gilbert, White Paul Gilbert, Vai Blue curtains, Petrucci Picassso original and the pastel one, 2 universes
Several GMW's
ESP: many 80's & 90's (one covered in British 5 pound notes,, a Kulick gobstopper), as well as 3 Lynch Serpents.
3 EBMM EVH

(In addition the the 3 MKIIC+, Langner, SUHR custom & Cameron I sold & several other amps I regret)...
Damn W3, that’s A LOT of gear selling regret right there.

You moved some REALLY nice gear.

I can't remeber the exact year but it was a 1995-1997 black les paul studio with a rosewood board. it had a single old emg 81 wired to the volume control & all other knobs were disconnected. it was one of the best sounding guitars i had at the time.

My 80's ESP Horizon with reverse headstock from 48th Street Custom Guitar. It was labeled a 2nd because the binding had prematurely yellowed, and according to them was the reason it was sent back by the guys in Queensryche. Which frankly I didn't give a care about if true.

Best playing and best sounding guitar I ever owned. Like a fool I sold it, and still to this day don't understand how I convinced myself that I needed to move on from that guitar. I know why I did but how I convinced myself that it was a good decision to actually go through with it, well I just shake my head at my stupidity. And I regret it to this day.

Word for those...if you have a guitar that you love regardless of it's looks, fads that come and go, regardless of any reasoning that you might convince yourself to part with it...DON'T! Hang onto to it because one day, you'll always come back to it and it'll be there.

I suspect you could make this thread about old girlfriend’s too…. Man, if only I could play that “guitar” one more time. Or, I couldn’t get rid of that “guitar” fast enough.

Don’t have a photo, but I would like to have back a Steinberger GM parts guitar I made.

Black Steinberger GM (Strat-like/Vito Bratta)
Transtrem
Fernandes Sustainer in front p/u slot

That was a fun little guitar. The high E would wear out quick but you could play Me Wise Magic the real way on that thing. Eddie was a genius.

I had a '57 Reissue Stratocaster that I traded for a Charvel Model 3 when I was 17 years old.

I regretted it within 24 hours... called the shop back but the Fender was already gone.

Let me think what I sold :
'86 Gibson Les Paul Custom, '74 Fender Stratocaster, Gibson Flying V, Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Standard, 1990 Gibson LP Classic, Vigier GV Wood, Music Man JP 6, Gibson LP Supreme, '86 PRS Custom 24, '90 PRS Custom 24, 3 Kramer Focus from the eighties, '88 Kramer Stagemaster, '86 Kramer Pacer; 2 Fender Custom Shop Strats, Tom Anderson Classic T,....I'll stop here, I'm getting depressed.

Let me think what I sold :
'86 Gibson Les Paul Custom, '74 Fender Stratocaster, Gibson Flying V, Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Standard, 1990 Gibson LP Classic, Vigier GV Wood, Music Man JP 6, Gibson LP Supreme, '86 PRS Custom 24, '90 PRS Custom 24, 3 Kramer Focus from the eighties, '88 Kramer Stagemaster, '86 Kramer Pacer; 2 Fender Custom Shop Strats, Tom Anderson Classic T,....I'll stop here, I'm getting depressed.
That’s CRAZY!!!!

I would’ve easily bought two of those off you for sure the 1990 Gibson classic and the 1990 PRS custom 24.

1990 is a year my son was born and I’ve been trying to collect guitars from that year.

You sold a lot of killer guitars.

Back